[Question] Galatic Starfighter: Free Expansion depending on Account Status?

schwartzpedro

it seems SWTOR is taking DCUO's model which allows subscribers access to all the current digital expansions. It has worked out very well for Sony Online Entertainment and I hope EA and BioWare keep with it.

The difference is that once you sub for a month to SWTOR, you keep the expansion for the life of the account. DCUO removes the expansion after you unsub.

This second expansion is free to everyone, even those that have not paid anything. DCUO does not offer that.

The difference is that once you sub for a month to SWTOR, you keep the expansion for the life of the account. DCUO removes the expansion after you unsub.

This second expansion is free to everyone, even those that have not paid anything. DCUO does not offer that.

That's a very fair assessment. Although when you sub to dcuo you get there version of cartel coins which can be used to buy the digital expansions. each expansion cast 500 coins which is the amount you get per a month. The fact BioWare has made RotHC free to subscribers and this new expansion free to everyone (after a certain amount of time) I think willl allow BioWare to give better incentives to subscribers.

But DCUO does have superspeed. That's a big deal to me.

I miss getting stuck on lampposts and running up builidngs, and those crazy jump physics where you leap 7 or 8 city blocks

2 words: Rocket Boots

Jetpacks / Jetboots > Super Jumping