Please raise the weekly comm cap

buckeyebulldog

Self explanatory. The weekly cap is too low. I only play a few nights a week (3-4), and I have toons that are already maxed out on comms. This results in one of two things: 1) I either don't get to participate in fun stuff with my guild and friends - which is why I play the game to begin with, or 2) I forfeit any comm rewards for playing this game.

Precedent has already been set with a previous increase to the max number of weekly comms a player can accumulate. Please revisit this to allow players to maximize their time and enjoyment while in game. I'm fairly certain this concern is not limited to me, and I'm absolutely positive that an increased comm limit will be well received by the TOR community as a whole.

Thank you.

Try to be more specific on your request OP. The basic and classic coms are very difficult to max out unless you are doing all available dailies everyday. The ultimate coms, are hard to come by unless, you are doing hm ops in multiples, which most people are not. The real problem is elite coms, almost everything you do in a regular week grants elite coms and you max them out almost in 3 days. Until now, elite coms were almost completely useless, that is why no one talked about them. With the recent com vendor changes, elite coms became an issue.

Before patch the elite & ultimate coms were for op oriented players. However with current op drops not updated with the new gear, there is an imbalance.

I would suggest changing some of the elite com rewards to ultimate coms or as the OP requested, increasing the elite com cap to sth like 600 which would essentially mean 1 extra gear per week.

Edit: It was previously mentioned (by a Bioware employee) that increasing the 25 mission limit would cause lag issues and was not planned anytime soon. This was when makeb was launched.

Edited by ZolanSilverspear

My post is specific to Ultimate and Elite comms.

Playing three nights a week as part of a raiding guild it's very easy to accumulate both Ultimate and Elite comms. By the end of a third night of raiding, I'm consistently capped on Elite comms, and either close to or at the cap for Ultimate comms. Yes, we do make use of the weekly raid quests you pick up on fleet. But, my point is two-fold:

1 - the current cap limit is prohibitive, limiting the time I can spend in game doing what I want to do, and

2 - there is no valid reason to not raise the weekly comm cap, if for no other reason than the fact that it has been raised before.

I don't know how to make my OP any more clear. I suspect if there was a weekly limit on how much Valor or Warzone comms that PvP'ers could accumulate there would be holy hell to pay and EA/Bioware would swiftly accomodate. All I'm asking is that PVE players, like myself, have the same opportunity to accumulate comms. I support a hard cap on the # of comms you can have at one time, thus encouraging/forcing players to spend comms. But, to limit the amount you can actually accumulate in a week honestly makes no sense.

I'm not calling out PvP'ers, but I'd like to hear their opinions. If you (anyone) PvP, how would you feel if you could only earn "X" number of Warzone comms in a week?

Edit: It was previously mentioned (by a Bioware employee) that increasing the 25 mission limit would cause lag issues and was not planned anytime soon. This was when makeb was launched.

I recall that post, but I for one am not satisfied with that excuse and would still very much like the limit increased.

I mean really, an increase to the mission log will cause lag...you buy that? Simple fix: raise the overall log, limit how many can be tracked at one time.

Edited by fg_deviant