MISSING: Artifice Willpower Shields

Bwarhol

As the title says, Artifice makes generators, focii, and shields generators. There are no shield generators with Willpower on them, which screws Assassin/Shadow tanks rather thoroughly. Has anyone seen any other professions that fill that hole, or is this just a Bioware oopsie? Edited by Bwarhol

As the title says, Artifice makes generators, focii, and shields generators. There are no shield generators with Willpower on them, which screws Assassin/Shadow tanks rather thoroughly. Has anyone seen any other professions that fill that hole, or is this just a Bioware oopsie?

oopsie

In the artifice wieldables group, there are actually two shields in each crafting tier or level range that have the same stats but different names. they are both aim+end+crit i think. One of those should probobly be will+end+crit.

there is a generator with str+end+crit and a focus with will+end+crit.

Look slike they have a bug in the artificing tree.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope more people add to this and it gets noticed, this seems like a HUGE oversight! I just rolled a consular and went shadow intending to tank, and got confused when there was not a single willpower shield trainable in my artifice skill. Yet I'm wearing one from my starter kit! I can see why it may have been missed because nobody even seemed aware that shadows could wear shields.

I really hope somebody from Bioware reads this, I would think shields are kind of a big deal for tanking and all.

Bumping this because the devs REALLY need to fix this... hehe. There's Strength shields, Strength generator (for DPS), Aim shields, Aim Generators, and Willpower foci.... but no Willpower shields! Not fair! Hehe

I really hope more people add to this and it gets noticed, this seems like a HUGE oversight!

And a lot of people have already noticed this because I see threads similar to this pop of about every other day.

It's true there are no green willpower shield schematics buyable from the trainer. There are however blue willpower shield schematics that are dropped from npcs and Treasure Hunting missions.

This was an oversight and may have been some hold back from beta when they were going to have assassins tanks use strength or something. They are aware and hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming patch, however there are rare schematic for willpower shields. My artificer found a pattern for a level 37 one that I r/e'd to a redoubt version with an augment slot for my little assassin tank i'm leveling as my first alt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Definately would be nice to have this resolved in the next patch, can't be to difficult to make a quick modification guys ;)

That's not the kind of thing that qualifies as a "quick modification". It's going to take some time and effort, which means it'll take a back seat to endgame PvP crap.

I've been buying a replacement shield with planetary commendations, when they're available.