Skill Mentor Skills Reset Not Working

JasonNH

When you talk to the skill mentor and ask to have your skill points reset, the conversation finishes as though it was done but the skill points are not refunded. I don't know if other servers are the same but it's the case on the Ebon Hawk republic side at least. Please fix ASAP.

** update **

I tried it again after ensuring I was not queued for a warzone and it refunded them appropriately. I must have been queued originally and forgotten after it didn't pop for an extended period of time. As a suggestion, perhaps you want to do something like make the player ineligible for the converation in the first place while queued in a warzone. In any case, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by JasonNH

It worked for me on Friday on Jung-Ma on the Republic side: I was able to reset my points to get rid of the Percussive Shot talent that was not as useful as I thought it would be.

Have not tried on the Imperial Side.

If you guys were in the warzone queue when you tried to reset your skills then it's working as intended. I think it's to prevent people from switching specs depending on the team comp they get. Edited by Bazarov

• Dev Post
If you guys were in the warzone queue when you tried to reset your skills then it's working as intended. I think it's to prevent people from switching specs depending on the team comp they get.

This is correct. The change was made with Game Update 2.4 and the Patch Notes listed it as follows:

To ensure proper matchmaking, players are no longer able to change Skill Tree points while in a Warzone queue or match.

If you are seeing this issue while not queued, please be sure to post here so we can look into it further.

If you are seeing this issue while not queued, please be sure to post here so we can look into it further.

If you read my initial post, I had mentioned that the issue was occurring when having the conversation with the skill mentor (not in a PvP zone). I verified on fleet that others were having the same problem as I did. The conversation finishes but the skill points are not refunded. I am highly confident there is a real bug here. Thanks.

If you read my initial post, I had mentioned that the issue was occurring when having the conversation with the skill mentor (not in a PvP zone). I verified on fleet that others were having the same problem as I did. The conversation finishes but the skill points are not refunded. I am highly confident there is a real bug here. Thanks.

Were you using the Group Finder to put you in a PvP QUEUE though?

This is correct. The change was made with Game Update 2.4 and the Patch Notes listed it as follows:

To ensure proper matchmaking, players are no longer able to change Skill Tree points while in a Warzone queue or match.

If the change was made to ensure proper matchmaking why do I get placed with 2-3 heals almost every game?