The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics Rotation

kajind

Heya,

I came back from a break to pick up my VG. After being kinda frustrated by the changes to AS spec I tried out tactics. I liked the feel, but am having trouble with the rotation. I am really used to the reset on HIB from AS. Does tactics flow better once I get used to the correct rotation and get to 55? I just feel like after I used Fire pulse, gut, stockstrike, and HIB i'm sitting here waiting for a while.

Your rotation should be gut, fire pulse, SS, HIB, IP,IP, pulse cannon. It more or less is that simple sometimes you may need to add a filler while HIB is on CD sometimes its 1 sec offset from the rotation. Which for me is usually shoulder cannon.

There is a very long and very detailed post on the tactics rotation. I am to lazy to find it for you.

Edited by evilxpoptart

Don't use shoulder cannon as a " filler " special. It's free damage that's not on the GCD and with the right gear, you'll crit around 2 - 2.5k per rocket so treat it as one of your best attacks for achieving maximum burst. Yes, it is a situational ability because you can use it while stunned so it's great for guarding nodes, but when you're not, spam that **** when it's up at the same time as you're doing damage and you're focusing a key target: like a healer that's at half or when you need a quick dispatch on that melee guy that's dry humping a friendly ( or you ). Bind it to something easy for you to reach so you can spam it repeatedly at the same time as you're using your other damage specials. Edited by Arehonn

I figured out the correct rotation, tried it with and without sticky after fire pulse, the dps flow is just not there. And that's on top of the dps not really being there. Maybe my assault suit with with ~250 crit rating is problematic. I don't know what it is but assault feels smoother and for me at least much more effective.

Don't use shoulder cannon as a " filler " special. It's free damage that's not on the GCD and with the right gear, you'll crit around 2 - 2.5k per rocket so treat it as one of your best attacks for achieving maximum burst. Yes, it is a situational ability because you can use it while stunned so it's great for guarding nodes, but when you're not, spam that **** when it's up at the same time as you're doing damage and you're focusing a key target: like a healer that's at half or when you need a quick dispatch on that melee guy that's dry humping a friendly ( or you ). Bind it to something easy for you to reach so you can spam it repeatedly at the same time as you're using your other damage specials.

The ability is a little more useful for tactics and tank but for assault and in the grand scheme of things this is arguably the crappiest lvl 51 ability of all.

The ability is a little more useful for tactics and tank but for assault and in the grand scheme of things this is arguably the crappiest lvl 51 ability of all.

I beg to differ. On a non crit, it is a reliable 1.7k DPS for 7 seconds (4 for non tactics). Slightly higher to factor in crits, can we call it 2k extra DPS, which is nearly double what you would be doing in a normal parse?

That is insane burst. It is reliably better than Explosive Fuel only for seven seconds. I agree that explosive fuel will usually outshine shoulder cannon over the 15 seconds, and it is *possible* that explosive fuel will give a higher return, if, for example, you get a string of large crits. However, it is slightly more likely that it will give no return at all.

TL;DR Shoudler cannon is less RNG dependent than explosive fuel, still does rediculous burst, plus added utility of cannot be sap cap'd unless LoS'd.