HM Corruptor Zero: Concussion Mine is OP

Kurin

Our raiding group started HM DF on Tuesday night, killing the first 3 bosses, as we developed our own strategies (the guides help, but they have enough errors it's really only a starting point).

Tonight, we went after Corruptor Zero. In my opinion, this fight is graphically bugged, specifically around the Concussion Mine mechanic. This mechanic wiped our raid group, the majority of times we wiped. Watching every online video from the PTS, the concussion mines are doing very little damage to either the person that has it, nor any of the people around that person. It's not to be ignored, but it's not life or death if you have it and are stacked up. Tonight, however, what we witnessed is that the person that has it receives tolerable damage for about 5 ticks (then it gets above 5k per tick), but ANYONE near them gets hit like a ton of bricks by 3 ticks. I was getting hit for an average of 8k a tick all night on my gunslinger. And it ticks once a second. By the 5th tick, nearby people are taking over 10k dmg a second. EVERY SECOND.

Ok, I can understand the fight needs a challenge element, and this is a good one, but the visual indicators that you have the mine are completely broken. The debuf on my debuf bar NEVER showed up before 3 ticks. It would appear in the ops frame debuf bar at 1 tick, but on my main debuf bar, it took at least 3 ticks, and for some people it simply never appeared. As well, the person with the mine active is supposed to have a pulsating white glowing orb around them with each tick, which would tell not only that person but anyone around them, "mines onboard". But that NEVER appeared on anyone, at any time. I can see Dulfy has a screen shot where it worked that way at one time, but it did NOT work that way for us...and this was for 20 pulls, for all 8 of us in the operation. So assuredly we have most possible video configurations (LOW/HIGH...mine are HIGHEST).

This mechanic is simply too powerful the way it is, without there being far better visuals that it's happening. I like the challenge it brings, but it absolutely needs to show up on my debuf bar immediately, and it needs some form of on screen visual (red circle, glowing ball around you, etc., something...) so that you and others can see the effect from far more than just one tiny icon on your ops buff bar.

Finally, many in the raid group felt there should be a RED LETTERS call out that 'XYZ HAS THE CONCUSSION MINE", similar to how these types of "wipe the raid" mechanics work in literally every other boss fight.

For others that pulled this boss tonight, were we alone in having this trouble, or is what we see what everyone is seeing?

Edited by Kurin

Second boss took us easily 10+ pulls. But that final pull went pretty smooth. DPS assignments and tank assignments are beyond critical. It was fun to NEED to have such high skill level across our team, and to be able to stick it together for well over 2 hrs, before we killed him.

Honestly, when you do get it, you'll realize it's not that hard. We found numerous ways to mitigate the huge damage we originally were seeing with our normal brute force approach.

I consider myself to be an exceptional tank as do many other that I play with(once tanked an enraged boss long after my teammates died and gave them time to respawn and get back) in but I'm not that great at coordinating a group like the level that would be required for the dread fortress so until I find a much better guild than the on I'm in or a geared group willing to take me along I'll probably never do this operation successfully.

Any other HM ops groups run into this issue last night?

There is a graphic, it looks like a line going from the player to the boss. If you have it, run to the boss and it drops off.

You're doing the fight wrong.

Edited by e_nk_ay