****Official PVE Progression V3****

Airam

I think a system where you have the accomplishment and a system much easier to read would be best. Much like the V2 post. Of course if certain guilds did not want to bask in the glory of having a title of "server first" for completing a boss fight but not the whole raid, because the (ex wanting server first for defeating the Dread Guards in TFB hm but have yet to complete the whole thing), maybe the last guy would still be doing it....thanks Dad!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a system where you have the accomplishment and a system much easier to read would be best. Much like the V2 post. Of course if certain guilds did not want to bask in the glory of having a title of "server first" for completing a boss fight but not the whole raid

The V2 thread was much harder to manage and required a ranking system that raised a lot of objections over its lifetime because of people getting butthurt about the 'linear progression' of operations since multiple operations have been dropping at once.

Having server first boss clears noted is, I think, better than faction first, and it is very simple to denote and keep track of. It also means that getting server first on the whole operation isn't given unnecessary weight; you can see who progressed faster on the difficult bosses assuming that said bosses aren't the final boss. Final bosses in ops have traditionally been fairly hard, but as I said in the post, I think it's good to encourage competition throughout the operation. Assuming our server performs according to past performance when the new nightmare ops drop, there will be periods of weeks where no one has killed a new boss, and getting that next blue box will be what is keeping some people going.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second half of your comment.

Actually a lot of the things I'm reading here seem almost comical. They didn't take over because the last guy "wanted to step down" They took over cause the last guy was tired of the same **** popping up all over the thread because of the "butt hurt" nonsense and told those folks if you don't like it make your own. As for the previous version of progression listing causing to much butt hurt. No one had issues, and I mean NO ONE had any issues with the setup. Except for one guild. That was it. Linear progression is pretty easy to track with multiple ops dropping at the same time. In fact he had been doing that since TFB dropped when NiM EC was out. No one seemed to care then how he tracked it. IF you haven't cleared an ops, IF no one has cleared an ops, the only fair and justifiable way to track guild progression is how many total bosses have you killed. Have you killed more or less then other people. Did you do it quicker then others or slower. Switching to another ops and clearing bosses for gear is what Progression is about in a multi-ops environment, it Always has been. If you do so, and still have fewer total kills then a group that hasn't gone into the other one, that doesn't make you better, just means you're closer in total kills.

If you go alllllll the way back to 2.0 Two guilds rushed out the week it went live and managed two or three of tfb. So there you sat... for three weeks... Then two other guilds finally started raiding and cleared 5/5 in one night while the initial two were still stuck sitting there at 2 or 3 of 5. Once the op was cleared, no one honestly cared what so ever as to which of the first two guilds managed to kill any boss first. It was irrelevant because your accomplisment after three weeks had been surpassed and out done in a single night. Of course even that couldn't be acknowledged, it had to be out right challenged and called false with the flimsiest of evidence but that's another story.

Oddly enough this was a very simple concept, that one group couldn't stomach. Now we have this. Take it or leave it. It's not going to reflect any guilds previous achievments or show any kind of conclusive information about any individual guild. Just scroll down and piecemeal the information about the guild you're actually trying to find information about. It's going to reflect how folks belive that killing one boss in an ops because they got to it first means more then actually clearing the ops. There are all kinds of other quantifiers that could be looked at but those are going to be more a matter of personal pride within each guild I suspect. How long were they running the content before we saw it, how many pulls did they make vs us. In the end it doesn't matter.

We have this thread, being run by for all intents and purposes, one guild as many of you seem to feel the need to weigh in and jump on someone when they question something instead of just letting A'jantis take care of her own thread. I fully expect to get flamed by several of you for this one as well, fortunately I don't really care since I've given up on these forums for the most part as they seem to have degenerated into a soap box for (as someone else has said) tooting one's own horn. As it stands now, this is HM content, meant to gear. I eagerly await the real Butt Hurt to start up when these ops go to NiM, just say'n.

Edited by Roatha

Farius,

The thread is not being run by a guild. It is being run by me, I don't agree with everything everyone in my guild says, because we're all different people. If other people want to weigh in on stuff, that's fine.

When the two nightmare ops dropped at once, I think there was unnecessary drama about the list ordering. Was Aisthesis responsible for some of that? You bet. The list in its current form is to avoid that sort of ****, because I don't want to deal with it, and I think it negatively impacted guild relations, especially between UWA and Aisthesis. The point of the thread is to bring the community together, not rip it apart.

Some guilds want to stick with doing DF rather than trying the first few bosses in DP, and others want to kill as many as they can. I don't think this list style is as garbled as you claim, and it doesn't penalize groups who keep at a hard boss instead of jumping to the other op right away. This way you can as a guild progress in your own style.

----------------------

To people in my guild,

This thread isn't Aisthesis central. If you scare away other guilds from participating because they think this is a giant circle jerk, then I will ban you from participating on the thread at all. I know that other guilds have multiple people posting. Posting is fine. Giving opinions is fine. But you don't run the thread. I do. If you have a problem with that, take over the thread.

----------------------

To everyone else,

I don't plan to change to fundamental way the thread is run. If anyone wishes to take over the thread because they feel that I'm irresponsible or unfit, or biased, or letting my guild control me rather than the other way around, then they need to offer that rather than critiquing the box/color scheme. I'll make improvements, but I agreed to take over the thread because I thought that the fundamental way it conveys information was fresh, attractive and fair.

Guilds are welcome to list all their progression in their recruitment threads or on their websites. It's pretty obvious who the major contenders are on the server just by scanning the top four or five names on each of the lists.

I'm sick of talking about this since no one has raised any new points and I don't plan to weigh in anymore until such time. When I took over I had planned to run the progression thread until the community found me unfit or until I stopped playing Swtor (hasn't happened since launch). If you find me unfit, just say so.

I want to lead it, so I can use the most convoluted methodology ever. Progression will be measured in complicated algerbraic formulae, which would require a graphing calculator or extensive mathematical prowess. And that's only to find out which guild it is. After that, a binary setup, to learn what the hexidecimal code is, to figure out what color to use, when filtering another image to find progress!

I want to lead it, so I can use the most convoluted methodology ever. Progression will be measured in complicated algerbraic formulae, which would require a graphing calculator or extensive mathematical prowess. And that's only to find out which guild it is. After that, a binary setup, to learn what the hexidecimal code is, to figure out what color to use, when filtering another image to find progress!

You know, it's said that the Ebon Hawk has a great community. It's a good thing to know that stereotypes aren't always true.

Maybe have some social grace, you know, whatever.

Alright. Next time, I'll refrain from attempting to lighten the mood, after serious business went down. It doesn't surprise me an argument broke out in your thread. Not Aisthesis' thread, or any other guild, of course. Your thread. You claimed it.

Well I'm done being pleasant, and your post seemed like serious dbaggery. If it wasn't meant seriously, I withdraw my complaint.

However, I am at this point done with this thread. I will not maintain it. I apologize to all the drama-free and serious raiding guilds who will be penalized because of the few.

My post was dbaggery? I make a joke, and you snap down my neck. With, and I quote, "You know, it's said that the Ebon Hawk has a great community. It's a good thing to know that stereotypes aren't always true." In other words, I am below a good part of the community. Well, pehaps I am. But, even after clarifying it was a joke, you snapped at me again! If you were going to drop it because it wasn't serious, you should've simply done so.

I however, will refrain from slinging insults your way, because the only ones that come to mind to describe you violate the rules of conduct.

I'm all for this idea. You have my vote.

• 2 weeks later...