Thermal Regulator Critical Success Rate

Doolander

Do you mean "fail" as in the mission did not succeed and you got nothing (should be a flat 5% of the time) or "fail" as in "did not crit but you still got something"? 29 of 30 in a row would be odd for the former, but not so much for the latter.

It's about a 0.2% risk of that happening. Maybe not odd, but somewhat unlucky...

Do you mean "fail" as in the mission did not succeed and you got nothing (should be a flat 5% of the time) or "fail" as in "did not crit but you still got something"? 29 of 30 in a row would be odd for the former, but not so much for the latter.

I used the term vaguely for not critting. I use the ship droid (with the 5+ crit sensor) and HK for synth and they crit somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2. I occasionally use Risha and Mako for slicing missions and they do crit from time to time. But T7, even though he has the best chance to crit, gave me only 2 crits out of 50 attempts (and that was only 2 TRs anyway, instead of 4). I hate that useless tin bucket, let me tell ya...:mad:

I used the term vaguely for not critting. I use the ship droid (with the 5+ crit sensor) and HK for synth and they crit somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2. I occasionally use Risha and Mako for slicing missions and they do crit from time to time. But T7, even though he has the best chance to crit, gave me only 2 crits out of 50 attempts (and that was only 2 TRs anyway, instead of 4). I hate that useless tin bucket, let me tell ya...:mad:

The best crit% you can get with any mission or gathering skill is 25% -- 15% base, +5% for max affection, + companion bonus (max of +5). Crafting (like SW) can go up to +28% (if you have the Legacy Crafting perks). So if you are seeing better than that (33% - 50%) sometimes, you've just been really lucky and the RNGs favored you. So you just have to suck it up when the RNGs don't favor you at other times. If you could choose when you got your crits, it wouldn't be very R.

Also, if you only got two TRs, you were running the Bountiful mission, and not the Rich one.