HK-51 Watchtower Customization

AshlaBoga

Maybe they'll do it like their other recurring events and rep:

At some point, add something people really want, but make them have to do the quests all over again even though they already reached legend.

Gree: they added the blue sphere for 48 components the 2nd or 3rd time the event came around.

Gree: added achivements after the 4th or 5th time the event came around (estimating, not really sure anymore)

CZ-198 - added achivements about 2 months after it came out, many maxed rep after 6 weeks.

Bounty Event: added a new speeder the 3rd (4th?) time around, have to run 50 more quests to get a mount, 15 to get a pet.

Oricon: probably add some kind a quest token, then make the HK customizations, some new speeders, pets, and other items exchangeable for the new quest tokens.

If they do this, then they should should add BOTH HK-51 customizations to the vendor, not just the silver one.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C7-198 and Oricron are NOT Events.

They are only updating EVENTS.

I agree that outside of Dye Pack schematics no new items have been added to daily-area reputation vendors, so adding an item to a daily rep vendor after a couple months is unprecedented outside of the dye schematics.

Adding achievements for a daily area is a form up update, so they do make changes to daily areas months after implementation. Would it really be that big of a leap to add a new item to a daily rep vendor?

Adding a whole new token to a daily area would admittedly be more effort than the devs would likely put in... so maybe it's just a case where the HK skin will be put back on the vendor in another couple months when people stop frequenting Oricon.

Situation is still getting ignored I see..

Don't worry, it's the general discussion forum. It's more for players to discuss amongst themselves. Dev responses are nice, but not many threads get a response from a Dev

Hmm by the lack of response from Bioware, I wondering if it is actually ingame somewhere and just undiscovered. Maybe they want to keep it a secret and let players discover it like we did for the magenta crystal, tauntaun and orobird pets.

Hmm by the lack of response from Bioware, I wondering if it is actually ingame somewhere and just undiscovered. Maybe they want to keep it a secret and let players discover it like we did for the magenta crystal, tauntaun and orobird pets.

Well... there is a lot to discover on Oricon. I wonder if there is more to dig for then the roots for the bonus.

That is an interesting concept that I never thought about; but I guess the "secret" aspect of its existence would be limited to those who haven't looked at previews / your epic posts. :D

There's just something odd about removing it practically at the last second that has me scratching my head. :o

That is an interesting concept that I never thought about; but I guess the "secret" aspect of its existence would be limited to those who haven't looked at previews / your epic posts. :D

There's just something odd about removing it practically at the last second that has me scratching my head. :o

Will most likely be introduced as a rare drop, once NiM for both operations arrives. Wouldn't surprise me. Kephess didn't drop a skin for Qyzen, though I believe the difficulty setting had no bearing whatsoever in the equation.

Will most likely be introduced as a rare drop, once NiM for both operations arrives. Wouldn't surprise me. Kephess didn't drop a skin for Qyzen, though I believe the difficulty setting had no bearing whatsoever in the equation.

Well aside from EC Kephess, no Operation boss drops a companion customization that I'm aware. Still, Corrupter Zero dropped one for HK-51 on the PTS but not on live...

If thats the case they could at least hint TOWARDS WHERE we could start. = / or if its still obtainable.

There is nothing available past champion for the vendor(tauntaunt doesnt count, its a reward)

If thats the case they could at least hint TOWARDS WHERE we could start. = / or if its still obtainable.

There is nothing available past champion for the vendor(tauntaunt doesnt count, its a reward)

Good point.

Eric if you're reading this, can you at least confirm if you intend to add it back in, or if it's hidden somewhere?

A simple "It's coming," or "hidden" would suffice:)

Maybe it has something to do with the orb the dreadful entity drops?

We already know what the Orb does.

It spawns the Hateful Entity.

Who when killed drops 4 "Crests of the Dread Masters" which are some helmets with level 69 mods* in them.

The question of course becomes, what are those helmets used for:confused::confused::confused:

*Mind you I think those mods are Legendary rather than Artifact so maybe they're between 69 and 72 in terms of quality - doesn't matter though, you need 72s and some 75s to even get them so they're companion or alt worthy at best.

We already know what the Orb does.

It spawns the Hateful Entity.

Who when killed drops 4 "Crests of the Dread Masters" which are some helmets with level 69 mods* in them.

The question of course becomes, what are those helmets used for:confused::confused::confused:

*Mind you I think those mods are Legendary rather than Artifact so maybe they're between 69 and 72 in terms of quality - doesn't matter though, you need 72s and some 75s to even get them so they're companion or alt worthy at best.

Where do you spawn this "Hateful Entity" that you speak of?

16 Man Nightmare S+V.

Only one confirmed kill so far by Severity Gaming

And they showed the 4 crests in their loot - I hope you don't need 16 for the 4th part of this mission line since you'd have to kill that thing 4 times:eek:

Looks like its time for me to have a word with my guild about our next big challenge. We got some good people and I'm a great tank so perhaps it is time for a second confirmed killing as I would need one of those masks sinc I'm quite the completionist.

That second bit is a really good point. The Tauntaun mount from the story line, and the title for reaching legend, are currently the only benefits of getting Legend rep with Oricon. No one would be able to reach legend before November 5th. If the HK skin was on the vendor and required Legend standing, we still wouldn't be able to buy it before November 5th anyway...

Maybe the skin will be added back to the vendor. Same end result, though there are probably some who haven't been maxing Oricon rep each week because they didn't have a specific rep item that interested them.

That second bit is a really good point. The Tauntaun mount from the story line, and the title for reaching legend, are currently the only benefits of getting Legend rep with Oricon. No one would be able to reach legend before November 5th. If the HK skin was on the vendor and required Legend standing, we still wouldn't be able to buy it before November 5th anyway...

Maybe the skin will be added back to the vendor. Same end result, though there are probably some who haven't been maxing Oricon rep each week because they didn't have a specific rep item that interested them.

I get making 1 of the customizations a drop from NiM. But I hope they're not moving bot the Gold and Silver to NiM only.

Answers Eric?