The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP Powertank

RCBoes

How should it be geared out? dps or tank set?

I I I do not know where you are trying to go with this question.

If you are referring to an Advanced Prototype PowerTECH, it is a dps class so you would gear in dps gear.

If you are referring to a hybrid AP/Shield Tech spec, in PvE it isn't really going to work for much anything. You could probably be an annoyance in PvP pretty good though.

If you are gearing with tank gear though usually you will be speccing into the TANKING TREE (Shield Tech). If you are gearing with DPS gear though you will be speccing into either of the DPS TREES (Advanced Prototype or Pyrotech).

Sorry Sorry i should have elaborated more. Running ap/tank hybrid mostly AP with oil slick for pvp. Didnt know if i should gear dps or tank.

On PTS teams were running full AP powertechs in ion cell. Most of them ran full dps gear except for a shield generator. A few of them used a tankier blend of gear. iirc the full dps-geared ones were scarier.

Ty.

Sorry Sorry i should have elaborated more. Running ap/tank hybrid mostly AP with oil slick for pvp. Didnt know if i should gear dps or tank.

Ty.

When I tank on my PT in WZs, I usually go full DPS except for a Shield Generator and a earpiece or implants. You want to retain some of the tankiness for survival but not lose too much DPS. I'm usually specced into AP OR Shield Tech. Haven't tried the hybrid build yet.