Not Good Enough - Progression 16man PvE Guild Recruting

RikuvonDrake

Not Good Enough - Progression 16man PvE Guild Recruting

Not Good Enough is Tomb of Freedon Nadd most successful PvE Guild and we are currently ranked 4th in the world when it comes to 16man PvE Content. As a guild we can offer you the opportunity to be one of the first to see, fight and kill new PvE content, we also use mumble making all raiding a socal experiance (we are rarly seriouse). We are also a very stable guild with experiance officers and a guildmaster with a slight godcomplex, if you would like to reroll our server with a char we would be happy to help you level and gear up fast!

Our Achievements

Scum and Villainy Hardmode

World 1st Dash’roode,Titan 6 and Thrasher

World 2nd Operations Chief,Olok the Shadow,Cartel Warlords and Dread Master Styrak

Scum and Villainy Nightmare

World 3rd Dread Master Styrak

World 4th Timed Run

Terror from Beyond Nightmare

World 3rd Title Run

+ Over 25 Serverfirsts

Pre 2.0 - Explosive Conflict Nightmare

World 1st Zorn & Toth, Firebrand & Stormcaller and Colonel Vorgath

World 4th Kephess

General Raid Information

Loot System: Loot Council

Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Sunday and Monday

Times: 07:00 - 11:00 (GMT 0)

We expect the following characteristics from all applicants

18 or older

Possess a fully functional headset (with microphone) and Mumble

Downloaded and installed the Parsec Raid Parser

Possess a Level 55 character

We expect 90% attendance during farm and 100% during progression

It is preferable that applicant also

Have PvE experience from previous MMO games

Have knowledge of stats / rotations / abilities in order to maximize their performance

Have a mature personality

Is punctual and comes online in good time to raids and inform officers in case of absence

Have a desire to constantly improve their preformance

Can receive constructive criticism without becoming a drama queen

Classes and Roles

Currently we are looking especially for the following classes/roles, High, Medium and Low indicates our need for the classes/roles. However don't be discouraged if our need of your particular class/role is low, we are always looking for players that stand out from the crowd and write exceptionally good applications as well as being very good players.

- Jedi Knight -

Guardian Tank: Low

Guardian DPS: Medium

Sentinel DPS: High

- Trooper -

Vanguard Tank: Low

Vanguard DPS: Medium

Commando Healer: High

Commando DPS: Medium

- Smuggler -

Scoundrel Healer: High

Scoundrel DPS: Medium

Gunslinger DPS: High

- Jedi Consular -

Sage Healer: High

Sage DPS: Medium

Shadow Tank: Low

How Recruitment Works

In order to apply you need to create an application on our forum, make sure to think about how you answer the questions before you hit submit.

http://www.notgoodenough.eu/join

Questions and feedback

Feel free to ask all questions you might have in a post below, in a PM here on the forums or contact any of the Not Good Enough player ingame. We will read and discuss your application as soon as we see it and you can expect an answer it a few days.

I hope to see you with us soon!

- Not Good Enough -

Edited by RikuvonDrake

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note that we don't recruit bench players, if you are good enough (see what I did there?), you will have a raidspot, as it looks now, our DPS setup isn't close to optimal and we need to make sure to shape up before next real content comes out. Also note that with the new hardmodes you will have an amazing opportunity to get BiS gear easily since the hardmode raids gives 78 gear and aren't that hard to clear through. So please, don't think of gear or lack of tactical knowledge in the new raids as a disadvantage, we will take care of these stuff for you!

Gunslingers that apply get extra love, and a 100k credit price per boss where you do more DPS then me and Cyntia (Hope prev. Teagan), we want more Gunslingers!

Please note that we don't recruit bench players, if you are good enough (see what I did there?), you will have a raidspot, as it looks now, our DPS setup isn't close to optimal and we need to make sure to shape up before next real content comes out. Also note that with the new hardmodes you will have an amazing opportunity to get BiS gear easily since the hardmode raids gives 78 gear and aren't that hard to clear through. So please, don't think of gear or lack of tactical knowledge in the new raids as a disadvantage, we will take care of these stuff for you!

Gunslingers that apply get extra love, and a 100k credit price per boss where you do more DPS then me and Cyntia (Hope prev. Teagan), we want more Gunslingers!

Can I apply with my gunslinger <3

Just out of curiosity and to avoid possible misunderstandings, when you list all of the guilds accomplishments and the related world/server ranking, do you only compare it to 16man raids or to 8man as well? I think that this is important information for potential candidates in order to clearly identify the "absolute ranking" of the guild. I have to state, that I don't mean to belittle you or the guild's achievements, its just that "the devil is in the details".

So before anyone decides to commit to rolling a toon on your server, could you please clarify.

Thanks!

P.S: please avoid the "8 man vs 16 man" flamewar

Just out of curiosity and to avoid possible misunderstandings, when you list all of the guilds accomplishments and the related world/server ranking, do you only compare it to 16man raids or to 8man as well? I think that this is important information for potential candidates in order to clearly identify the "absolute ranking" of the guild. I have to state, that I don't mean to belittle you or the guild's achievements, its just that "the devil is in the details".

So before anyone decides to commit to rolling a toon on your server, could you please clarify.

Thanks!

They are a 16-man guild so one would assume that all their claims are in 16-man, no?

Thanks!

Hey man, I thought it would be pretty obvious but allow me to clarify, the achievements are for 16man and 16man alone, the only boss we done in 8man is first in TFB NiM on alts that we one shot for, I think, world third, but seeing how easy that one is we never really cared. Anyway, most of our members has been in 8man guilds before but seeing how 16man is more challenging, harder and much more fun, we ended up in Not Good Enough. For example, I was a tank in Saga before and we were the best 8man guild on this server and in Top of Europe during TFB/EC NiM progression, but after trying out 16man, I must say that is much more entertaining because of the more complex fights.

So no worries thankfully with this post, everyone should be aware that our kills and achievements are for 16man and not belittle our achievements by thinking they are but 8man =)

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Hey man, I thought it would be pretty obvious but allow me to clarify, the achievements are for 16man and 16man alone, the only boss we done in 8man is first in TFB NiM on alts that we one shot for, I think, world third, but seeing how easy that one is we never really cared. Anyway, most of our members has been in 8man guilds before but seeing how 16man is more challenging, harder and much more fun, we ended up in Not Good Enough. For example, I was a tank in Saga before and we were the best 8man guild on this server and in Top of Europe during TFB/EC NiM progression, but after trying out 16man, I must say that is much more entertaining because of the more complex fights.

So no worries thankfully with this post, everyone should be aware that our kills and achievements are for 16man and not belittle our achievements by thinking they are but 8man =)

In the end of the day, you can keep saying how 16m is much harder and more challenging, but we all know that in fact it is not. Yes it requires harder coordination but nothing else. Overall roles of each member in team is dumbed to just stay and dps/heal or simply tank and spank. And barely sometimes move your ***. While 8m requires more accurate execution of actions. Each person has to do extra job on top of his main liabilities. And 16m is more mistake-friendly. You have twice more ppl which means you have few times more options to act. You can execute different tactics. If some1 dies healer can simply stealthres ppl by cd almost at anytime since 16m has twice more healers. While in 8m at some boss fights you dont even have time to res ppl, if some1 dies you have to pull it with 7m (f / e our kill of dread council vid on our channel). There is just much less space for mistakes in 8m and have to carry also about extra stuff.

Im not saying that 16m is much easier but overall you can allow your team to carry/lose 1-2 guys. Because if you are familiar with basic maths 2 out of 16m and 2 out of 8m is a huge difference. On top of that yes dmg in 16m is higher but still when 1 healer goes to res you have still 3 healers which can simple keep healing 2-3 sides, while in 8m 1 healer in fights just cannot be physically in 2 places at the same time.

So overall I find 16m quite funny and entertaining but I wouldnt consider it as a top challenge. Having 2 separate 8m teams clearing 10/10 is much cooler and more hardcore than 1 16m 10/10 in my eyes.

16m just needs more coordination, because more people = more possibilities of failures. However, 8m is less forgiving. If you lose a healer in a crucial situation and don't have a dps class with combat res you pretty much **** up the entire Raid.

If I remember EC nightmare Stormcaller and Firebrand, where you had to switch one Melee dps all the time from one tank to another because of the debuff it is just another additional "mechanic" compared to 16m because you do not have enough people to split up the debuffs. Or on the current encounters, Dread Council: You have a lot more ppl to cleanse the 4 death marks.

I don't wanna say 16m is not challenging. It is challenging because of what I have said before: You need a really good coordination. However, it is more forgiving than 8m. So I do not agree when you say 16m is harder than 8m.

16m just needs more coordination, because more people = more possibilities of failures. However, 8m is less forgiving. If you lose a healer in a crucial situation and don't have a dps class with combat res you pretty much **** up the entire Raid.

If I remember EC nightmare Stormcaller and Firebrand, where you had to switch one Melee dps all the time from one tank to another because of the debuff it is just another additional "mechanic" compared to 16m because you do not have enough people to split up the debuffs. Or on the current encounters, Dread Council: You have a lot more ppl to cleanse the 4 death marks.

I don't wanna say 16m is not challenging. It is challenging because of what I have said before: You need a really good coordination. However, it is more forgiving than 8m. So I do not agree when you say 16m is harder than 8m.

And he's back! Have you resubbed for anything special or...?

Edited by ToMyMa

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion regarding which mode is the hardest, for example I am sure that you consider 8man harder since you have had more wipes on this mode because you are doing progression on 8man. When playing 16man I am sure that you are already aware of the tactics since you have cleared it on 8man and thus having an esier time just blazing through 16man. I don't really want to involve myself in a discussion about 16man vs 8man with players that for 90% of their time in swtor played 8man and are thus unable to have an accurate view of the correct differences.

Text below is not really on topic

I am sure that if Not Good Enough went down to doing 8mans we would still be one of the tops guilds in the world, why you might ask, well we have the gathered some of the best players in our guild. Inconsistency might still give us a real match before we had adapted to the 8man gameplay but if push comes to shove I am pretty sure that no other guild on the server could keep up to our level. I mean I played with Saga before on Imp side doing 8mans and we maybe had 4-5 top players in our guild and we still were far ahead of all other 8man guilds on this server when it came to both TFB HM and EC Nightmare progression and if I compare Saga to Not Good Enough it's like night and day. I however would like to claim that there is individual players on other guilds then Not Good Enough and Inconsistency that holds a top level, I mean I knew a few in Catalyst that could give us a match and even thought I have only played a little with Outbreak, I am sure that if some would practice a bit more they would be able keep up to our level.

However I invite you to come play with us once Nightmare mode comes out for a week or so during progression and see what you think after that, I mean hardmode only comes down to dedication if people decide to show up to raids and you will be able to clear up the content easily. I know that Tman held acceptable DPS before when playing in 16man FriendlyFire and I am sure that is because you didn't have enough time to adapt to the 16man gameplay, but feel free to join us with an alt and we can see how you stand when it comes to 16man and if your opinion is the same after.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I know that Tman held acceptable DPS before when playing in 16man FriendlyFire and I am sure that is because you didn't have enough time to adapt to the 16man gameplay, but feel free to join us with an alt and we can see how you stand when it comes to 16man and if your opinion is the same after.

Enough time to adapt? It was more like he didnt understand basic tactics of a fight :)

And i need to correct you: he held acceptable DPS ON A DUMMY*

Edited by Xelereth

Enough time to adapt? It was more like he didnt understand basic tactics of a fight :)

And i need to correct you: he held acceptable DPS ON A DUMMY*

#behave

Be nice, I am trying to be nice and understanding here -.-

Edited by RikuvonDrake

You know Xelereth, your behavior is always very childish. When I was in FF for that one week when EC nim came out, I did 2nd highest dps on Toth & Zorn in my first 16m Raid. I had to adapt to the "Wait, don't attack, don't attack, don't pull aggro"- thing to not make the raid wipe. In my 8 man team I was always guarded and never pulled aggro so I could use my fixed rotation right from the beginning.

I am wondered where all the hate is coming from. I never said I am the best DPS in the world, I just did hundreds of dps tests with my sentinel to be very good in it. Now where Sargon left the Game and I had to take over the tanking spot in my team I actually do not care about dps anymore. However, I still know how to play my Sentinel. ;)

I think you are talking bad about me because I did not like the atmosphere in FF. I was honest to kanre when I told him why I want to leave again and what the reasoning is. Maybe that's the problem as kanre maybe told bulls*** about me. But I don't really care.

Back to topic: Riku, as I mentioned in my post I did not say that 16m is easier, but it's as well not harder as 8m. On Imperial side I am playing from time to time 16 mans so I know what the difference is.