incentive for open world pvp

vodelo

introduce a faction rank system. you gain faction points for each kill made only in the open world. 12 ranks first 6 are always kept last 6 decay. different titles for each class with the last 6 ranks such as sith rankings or titles for troopers. also have vendors with gear/rewards for each rank. higher the rank better the rewards. open world pvp problem solved.

Obviously not for you, Mr. I Quit in May (per your sig) But I Still Keep Posting Using a "Friend's" Account.

What kind of kook quits playing a game but keeps ranting on its forums?

I see no rant here...I simply see people discussing ideas for world PvP...

I do see you being a dick to others though :(

Driz

Don't play with sharp objects, then.

Says the guy calling someone else a "dick."

Irony is dangerous.

Yes that's right...if you report a thief to the police and say that persons a thief and here is the proof....that does not make you a thief just because you correctly identify a thief as a thief and call him a thief.

Driz

I'm lost what has all this recent discussion got to do with incentive for open world pvp, OP may need to change the thread subject to "open forum flaming" :eek:

Bran is a regular here who's a Biodrone (oh yeah, I went there and IDGAF what anyone else thinks :rolleyes:) and derails any thread that "attacks" his game.

:cool:

Not a fan of the proposed solution. Incentivizes grieving.

They need to knuckle down on the engine and make it work a couple instanced permanent battleground scenario maps with multiple objectives that cumulatively affect some faction bonuses. Get people into controlled environments chasing a scenario carrot and at the same time split them up so that faction imbalance is mitigated due to the fact one blob of zerg cant hold everything at the same time.

Space would be the ideal testing ground. Coded from scratch + not as resource intensive as ilum was... if they won't do anything bigger than flipping warzone scenarios with that then I'm with the "not the mmo for you" crowd. Time for BW to show us if there's any ambition to do anything but the bare minimum in terms of PvP.

introduce a faction rank system. you gain faction points for each kill made only in the open world. 12 ranks first 6 are always kept last 6 decay. different titles for each class with the last 6 ranks such as sith rankings or titles for troopers. also have vendors with gear/rewards for each rank. higher the rank better the rewards. open world pvp problem solved.

Open world PVP problem not solved, the problem is most of us don't want it, if we did we would play on the PVP servers.

When I'm questing I don't want to be fighting other players every 5 seconds, which is what open world PVP would bring.

Open world PVP problem not solved, the problem is most of us don't want it, if we did we would play on the PVP servers.

When I'm questing I don't want to be fighting other players every 5 seconds, which is what open world PVP would bring.

That's fine - that's what the PVE servers are for.

The issue that we have on the PVP servers is that we get absolutely nothing for open world PVP. It's fun, and exhilarating, but kind of a time waster since you aren't getting credits, exp, or comms. Definitely a missed opportunity. We're at war here! We should at least be getting credits for killing players!

That's fine - that's what the PVE servers are for.

The issue that we have on the PVP servers is that we get absolutely nothing for open world PVP. It's fun, and exhilarating, but kind of a time waster since you aren't getting credits, exp, or comms. Definitely a missed opportunity. We're at war here! We should at least be getting credits for killing players!

There should be some kind of reward.I am surprise that there isn't.

Not a fan of the proposed solution. Incentivizes grieving.

Done superficially, and without a full framework and set of supporting mechanics.. yeah.. it does incent bad behaviors of griefing, kill swapping, etc.

Done as a full fleged Faction vs Faction system though.. it's been well proven in the genre to work. The only real problem is that since WoWs introduction of Battlegrounds years ago... the player base has been weaned off of a diet of real faction warfare and into tennis-court matches. I'm not sure how to change this now. TSW recognized the this reality and so they invest in and support both extremes. But they also have a problem with it.. in that the tennis court chimps want to play tennis in the persistent open world war courts.

Easy, place point values on the targets killed, and base that point system on their expertise. You gank a player in open world pvp with zero expertise, you get ZERO points. Gank someone in full conq, you get full value.

This would make non-pvp folks a poor choice of targets and a waste of time (like current open world pvp is).

Easy, place point values on the targets killed, and base that point system on their expertise. You gank a player in open world pvp with zero expertise, you get ZERO points. Gank someone in full conq, you get full value.

This would make non-pvp folks a poor choice of targets and a waste of time (like current open world pvp is).

This would not, however, stop the свиньи who get their jollies from precisely that ganking, measuring their own self-worth by how many players who lacked either the levels or the gear to fight back effectively that they were able to 'pwn'. I have zero interest in open-world PvP, and I'd just as soon not be a target for any random jerk who thinks that it's 'fun' to swoop in out of nowhere, interrupt what I was doing, and beat me into the dirt with no chance of doing anything to him in return.

Perfect setup for kill swapping though. So.. not a good approach IMO.