seperate que for wz and arena's?

sepulhead

will there be a seperate que for wz and arena's because i have zero interest in arena's?

Nope.

And although I hate it, I think they don't really have a choice. The game's population (let alone the part of it that actually PVPs regularly) isn't that big and having two separate queues would only make the waiting times longer. That might not be an issue for you or me, but I'm fairly certain that Bioware thinks it would give people the impression that the game is dead.

I would think so since with arenas you have to be in groups to queue

You don't have to be in groups to queue. You choose one spec (you can't respec while in queue or when inside the Arena) and you are queued the same way you are now. The only thing that changes is that at least in Arenas you won't end up going against 4 healers or 4 tanks. They even made it possible for people to solo queue for ranked Arenas.

Nope.

And although I hate it, I think they don't really have a choice. The game's population (let alone the part of it that actually PVPs regularly) isn't that big and having two separate queues would only make the waiting times longer. That might not be an issue for you or me, but I'm fairly certain that Bioware thinks it would give people the impression that the game is dead.

You don't have to be in groups to queue. You choose one spec (you can't respec while in queue or when inside the Arena) and you are queued the same way you are now. They even made it possible for people to solo queue for ranked Arenas.

They made two queue for ranked (solo and group), but when tehy would make two for normal (arena and nomal warzone) it suddenly wouldn't work? I don't think your argument holds any water.

They made two queue for ranked (solo and group), but when tehy would make two for normal (arena and nomal warzone) it suddenly wouldn't work? I don't think your argument holds any water.

An Arena requires 8 players. A normal Warzone requires 16.

If there were two different queues, one for normal Warzones and one for Arenas, people who don't like Arenas, would almost certainly see their waiting times go up, as people who queue for Arenas would get a pop much faster. All I'm saying is that the impression given if that was to happen consistently, would be that the game is "dead" since it's not going to be as easy anymore to get 16 players in a WZ.

I don't understand what you're saying about ranked, though.

Ranked Arenas, much like Ranked Warzones, is an entirely different subject.

And as for Solo/Group Queues for Ranked Arenas, I was under the impression that there won't be two different queues. I thought it's just going to be one queue for ranked, where you can solo queue or queue with a group and one for Normal Warzones/Normal Arenas.

with all the complaining already about pugs facing premades in regular WZs i would be surprised if the arenas was not put on a separate que. imo it should be.

Agree it should be seperate because regstars will make 4 mans and queue reg WZ/Arena queue and just leave WZs till they get arenas against pugs. It's poor design IMO. Maybe they can't seperate it so that lowbies can do arenas too this way since the 2 ranked queues are only for max level.

I think what they have done by putting regs and arenas in the same queue will increase the amount of people leaving WZs and arenas. And it will increase the qq about premades vs pugs. But whatever with no balance changes solo and reg queues are the only way some classes and specs will get a chance to do arenas.

• 9 months later...