The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Boba Fett was going to star in Star Wars: 1313

Beniboybling

That's right, you heard me. That random bounty hunter you saw in the trailers was just a placeholder for Boba Fett, who was going to be the primary protagonist for the entire game with a rags-to-riches style story.

And he was going to have a companion, a droid companion. Remember

guy? Yeah it was going to be him.

This really did have the potential to be an absolutely fantastic game, so sad it never saw the light of day.

You can read an article from IGN here. Warning: you will scream in frustration.

I would have much, much preferred a brand new character into Star Wars tbh rather than one who already has a ton of story to him already. Oh well though...but hey, least we shall get Battlefront 3!
On one hand true, on the other hand Boba Fett is just a really interesting character, who hasn't been much explored outside of books and comics. I doubt this 'new bounty hunter' would amount to very much.

And yes, BF3!

I would have much, much preferred a brand new character into Star Wars tbh rather than one who already has a ton of story to him already. Oh well though...but hey, least we shall get Battlefront 3!

True. I would have liked to see a young new Bounty Hunter making his way in the business.

But I guess we still have Battlefront to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fett is dead. I literally laughed out loud as he screamed his way into the sarlacc's belly back during the original release. So did many others in the theater.

He should stay dead. His fan legend is bigger than he was ever meant to be.

Edited by Hambunctious

The Fett is dead. I literally laughed out loud as he screamed his way into the sarlacc's belly back during the original release. So did many others in the theater.

He should stay dead. His fan legend is bigger than he was ever meant to be.

Is THAT how he ended up in all that post-ROTJ stuff? Wow. Honestly, I like the actual series Boba Fett, but I never thought much of him in EU otherwise.

That's right, you heard me. That random bounty hunter you saw in the trailers was just a placeholder for Boba Fett, who was going to be the primary protagonist for the entire game with a rags-to-riches style story.

And he was going to have a companion, a droid companion. Remember

guy? Yeah it was going to be him.

This really did have the potential to be an absolutely fantastic game, so sad it never saw the light of day.

You can read an article from IGN here. Warning: you will scream in frustration.

There is one HUGE assumption that everyone is making: That it is a dead project. Did everyone forget they are actively seeking a partner to bring 1313 to fruition?

Edited by Thylbanus