Installing taking forever, any fix?

Rusah

Basically, i loaded the client about 11pm (it is 1am now).

It reorganized data which took about 30mins, which is longer than normal for me.

Then it downloaded something and started installing.

In the last hour it has gone from 40 to 51% on the installing phase. At the rate this is going it will be finished in about 5 hours time, when i am due to go to sleep. It has never took this long on the install phase before. I have high speed internet and a high spec pc so it is not on my end.

Is there anything i can do here to make this go faster, due to working nights i sleep through the day and have to be quiet in the small hours so not to wake my neighbors. I went to my mates in the evening came back home, and now i am stuck here bored to death waiting on an install that is taking forever.

I understand patching needs to be done and am fine waiting on download data, but 30mins reorganizing, 30min downloading then over an hour installing (so far), is a bit much.

P.s in the 5min i have been writing this i have gained a whole 1% more install progress lol. That's 12% an hour average ffs.

Found the answer n anther thread, uk/eu players having a huge download so they can switch languages anytime. Why could we not have just had the small update the Americans got. So basically the entire game is downloading removing my ability to play just to give me option to change to languages i can't speak.

Thanx for that, had there been any announcement of this i would have left my computer doing it the 6 hours that i was out so that i could have played now, but instead of announcing it so some of us could sort our update times so as not to interfere with play we just launch the game and get this.

Found the answer n anther thread, uk/eu players having a huge download so they can switch languages anytime. Why could we not have just had the small update the Americans got. So basically the entire game is downloading removing my ability to play just to give me option to change to languages i can't speak.

Thanx for that, had there been any announcement of this i would have left my computer doing it the 6 hours that i was out so that i could have played now, but instead of announcing it so some of us could sort our update times so as not to interfere with play we just launch the game and get this.

Not sure if this is accurate.. As myself and numerous american players I know what also experienced RIDICULOUS downloads.

Not sure if this is accurate.. As myself and numerous american players I know what also experienced RIDICULOUS downloads.

I was basing the small American install on information from other threads, since you have pointed out that is wrong, i am retracting that part of my post. Thanx for giving me the correct information on that.

But the point of the unannounced massive install is still valid in my opinion, players should have been informed so they could adjust for the extremely long patch time. I am now up to 59% install, thats a whole 7% in the last 30 minutes.

This whole situation is harsh on alot of players, the poster above me has it even worse, 17% in 3 hours, that is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Rusah

Basically this was just supposed to be a launcher update, but something has gone very wrong and ton of people are stuck with re-downloading the whole game.

There has been a lot of questions asked about it in the customer service section. The devs have responded with a fix for if it is just reorganizing data over and over, but i am unable to find a single response to the massive download issue.

I have found a ton of people in customer service forum asking why when in a thread people are posting about reorganize and massive re-download issues, the devs are responding to the reorganize and yet not answering a single question about the download which is the main issue. If i find any posts from the devs about this i will link here.

Greetings people.

I have the same problem.

I'm in Uruguay, took hours downloading and many more faults to finish.

The game had already installed the latest updates from a couple of days ago.

This afternoon when I play, I found this download unprecedented.

What is worse for 2 days to pay for the subcripcion 60 days and barely played!!. :mad:

As a new customer said this:

Unprofessional people from EA and BioWare !!!.:rak_01:

It's really unprofessional for these people to cause a three to four hour delay for paying customers.

This kind of wait crosses the line from simple inconvenience, to demonstrating incompetence on the part of SWTOR staff. Very disappointing.

It's really unprofessional for these people to cause a three to four hour delay for paying customers.

This kind of wait crosses the line from simple inconvenience, to demonstrating incompetence on the part of SWTOR staff. Very disappointing.

3 or 4 hours....? We should be so LUCKY!? ;)

I was past 3 hrs and at 47% when I decided to pack it in and try the alternate method.

Head over to the Customer Service forum, people have been downloading for 8 and 10 hours and it still hasn't finished! :eek:

i wish i had a 3 or 4 hour delay. i'm at 76% and it's been going since 11:30 this morning cst and it's now 10:45 lol

I tend to agree. 1-10 hour unannounced download times is simply unacceptable. I've had this issue many times and it seems just about every other week these days. I personally don't see any big differences or bugs being fix that i can see on my end but it really irritates me [pay for a service and then be down for hours with no notice. if any one can find a solution to these issues or knows of a way to get some kind of early warning id be much obliged.

I tend to agree. 1-10 hour unannounced download times is simply unacceptable. I've had this issue many times and it seems just about every other week these days. I personally don't see any big differences or bugs being fix that i can see on my end but it really irritates me [pay for a service and then be down for hours with no notice. if any one can find a solution to these issues or knows of a way to get some kind of early warning id be much obliged.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419492

If you are experiencing this issue, it's because there is a yet to be fixed bug with the streaming version of the Launcher AND you apparently only get the problem if you are using the streaming version of the launcher.

Blizzard has been using BITS for a long long time. It downloads patches and fixes in the background while you play.

My guess is, BioFAIL wasn't allowed to buy a license for an actual program that works properly OR the developers simply aren't competent to set it up.

Result is 10+ hour down times - I REALLY APPRECIATE IT TOO. I CAN'T TELL YOU IN FRENCH OR GERMAN BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER, I HAD TO SUFFER FOR SOMETHING I DON'T EVEN NEED.

Thanks so much, from all of us affected. We get a real look at why Mythic shuts down games.

I'm in the states, DL'd a new launcher update and then got in. Since some folks are having freakishly long DL times in the states I'm wondering if that it's not specific to where you live........... Devs said they are aware of this and are looking into it FYI. Feel your pain dudes! I'll make sure to murder some pubs in your name (closest I can get to pouring a sip out for my fallen homies in SWTOR)

'You are using the new (streaming) technology, if:

You installed the game using an installer downloaded from http://www.swtor.com after July 30th 2013.'

If this includes updates since July 30th when logging in this could part of the problem but if this doesn't include updates and they mean a clean install (sorry my brain is tired) then I got in today fine and this is not the issue exactly since I installed before the stated date. Maybe?

Edited by carlbaratta

One more thing then I'm out. Just a thought about the rumor about BW throwing a language pack to peeps, if that were the case then we would have heard about its implementation already before them just doing it. I would rule this out since folks are DL'ing the entire game again.

Anyway hope this helps from my zero knowledge of how this game coupled with my experience trouble shooting software in RL.