The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

Pretty much...

Each Venator can hold over 400 fighters, and I have spare fighters that Hyperjump in or launch from the Planet...

Which means your outnumbered almost 10 to 1 - not pretty odds.

The Sith Navy are also arguably of equal if not better quality than the Venators - at least in terms of firepower.

Nor should we forget that the Interdictors have a large fighter capacity as well, given their preference from fighter swarm tactics. Combine that with a greater amount of capital ships and you are grossly outnumbered in terms of fighters. Which brings me the the updated Interdictor and Centurion stats.

An Interdictor should be considered equal to a Victory II-class Star Destroyer and the Centurion an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. The Interdictor however retains its 46 fighter capacity, and the Centurion 96.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know who Raven is, but Revan has 1,000 vessels under his command.

I know I goofed, but I mean specifics wise.

Also again with this whole Victory 2 nonsense and so forth...I want a source right damn now, stating that such and such is equal to a Victory 2 Star Destroyer. Because unless it is meaning in terms of engines....it doesn't make sense looking over the schematics.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya well it gives you a bit more of a disadvantage number of big ship wise against the UB as last I heard he has 900 ships so its going to be a bit of a problem as he outnumbers you by nearly 8 to 1 and that's really hard to turn in your favor so he will likely be able to take you in the space game. Your best bet is to use smaller ships in hit and fades or as means to transport troops to create hit his ground hard and/or capture his ships. If he lands while 1v1 your sith assassins can take his sith warriors he out numbers you here 10 to 1 last I checked and while the Shadow stormtroopers I believe are better then the massissi both groups use similar tactics and in the end that advantage is lost with the help of grievous I think.

Thing is, My Navy is able to cripple enemy camps quite easily, and it could easily push the UB on the defensive.

Also, my planets are capable of being Lost me-thinks, I don't REALLY need them :p

My Assassins strike from the shadows, even without battles raging the Sith Warriors will whittle away continuously.....

Also again with this whole Victory 2 nonsense and so forth...I want a source right damn now, stating that such and such is equal to a Victory 2 Star Destroyer. Because unless it is meaning in terms of engines....it doesn't make sense looking over the schematics.

Yeh, I've been wondering about this too...

Also again with this whole Victory 2 nonsense and so forth...I want a source right damn now, stating that such and such is equal to a Victory 2 Star Destroyer.

Sources don't matter, as per Kaggath rules tech level is universal. Therefore Revan's vessels are upgraded to Open Circle Fleet period standards. Victory-II seems to fit the bill.

Anyway the source is The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, p. 22.

You should probably take into account that though the design was Republic, the technology built to use it was effectively Rakatan tech which explains immediately why the ships were so powerful.

Which means your outnumbered almost 10 to 1 - not pretty odds.

The Sith Navy are also arguably of equal if not better quality than the Venators - at least in terms of firepower.

Nor should we forget that the Interdictors have a large fighter capacity as well, given their preference from fighter swarm tactics. Combine that with a greater amount of capital ships and you are grossly outnumbered in terms of fighters. Which brings me the the updated Interdictor and Centurion stats.

An Interdictor should be considered equal to a Victory II-class Star Destroyer and the Centurion an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer. The Interdictor however retains its 46 fighter capacity, and the Centurion 96.

46-400?

So fighters actually equal out, ish.

And Diamond Boron missiles clear out fighters like trash, and come on dude... the UB Fighters SUUUCCC***.... So bad.

Sources don't matter, as per Kaggath rules tech level is universal. Therefore Revan's vessels are upgraded to Open Circle Fleet period standards. Victory-II seems to fit the bill.

Yes I know the source is, but I want the quote from the book itself not just stating the source. Also quite I know the rules, I just want the quote.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Woah woah woah woah woah...

Let me get this straight, your bumping both up to Empire time-status? So my Venators are weaker than they should be and Interdictors are bumped up to the level of more powerful ships?

What?

Last I checked, LC said the canonicity of it was under scrutiny. When did he say it was N-canon?
"We treat just the parts related to the death and anything involving Asajj's fate as no longer canon. The broad strokes of what happens with Durge and a conflict happening on Boz Pity still apply. The series always trumps what happens in the EU, but we try to salvage what we can."

I guess the Dooku part is still canon though. But my point is that the Star Wars universe is constantly evolving, and this content in particular is becoming obsolete.

Edited by Beniboybling

"We treat just the parts related to the death and anything involving Asajj's fate as no longer canon. The broad strokes of what happens with Durge and a conflict happening on Boz Pity still apply. The series always trumps what happens in the EU, but we try to salvage what we can."

I guess the Dooku part is still canon though. But my point is that the Star Wars universe is constantly evolving, and this content in particular is becoming obsolete.

I'm fairly certain a series of events could be made to get Asajj on Boz Pity, but I guess that doesn't matter.

At least the Battle is still canon. Means Plo Koon rates as one of the greatest military minds in the Order. Not that he wasn't already. :D

...x1000.

He doesn't have 1000 Interdictors does he? I thought it was 1000 CRUISERS... Or does my OCF 60 number mean 60 venators? Either way, mines x100 pretty much, so again, it evens out.

And mine are just so much better :p

One defender would be more than a match for 10 Sith Fighters IMO...