The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Malgus even land though I feel trench is a much better tactitian and I don't exactly remember the numbers of the DI but I think the UB only out number them 3 to 1 if I am not mistaken. I don't think the DI will have fighter superiority this time as the UB ships will undoubtedly have a lot of fighters but that doesn't mean that with clever tactics by Trench he cant turn the space war around.

Palps' shadows were under Cronal, were they not?

Sure as hell don't seem like it. They were used for similar purposes as first, Cronal using his shadows for piracy and terrorism....but then he used them as frontlines which would only make sense if this is all he had to work with. But I guess seeing as this is all of what you have, they could be good...though they seem better for stealth ops.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Can Malgus even land though I feel trench is a much better tactitian and I don't exactly remember the numbers of the DI but I think the UB only out number them 3 to 1 if I am not mistaken. I don't think the DI will have fighter superiority this time as the UB ships will undoubtedly have a lot of fighters but that doesn't mean that with clever tactics by Trench he cant turn the space war around.

The UB fighters SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....

My fighters have tractor beams, Hyperdrives, shields, multiple turrets, Diamond Boron Missiles... I haz dem fighter superiority.

Venators have SOOOO much capacity for Fighters, even if outnumbered 10-1 i'm fairly sure I'd have more fighters.....

And yeh, Stealth tech and all that..

But if you want numbers, here we go.

I have 60 OCF, 40 MSF, I have about 5 of each cruiser as a starting batch that Sienar can produce apparently, which leaves me with like 25 capital ships (5 of which beings Interdictors a-la Revan's Navy, I know their ships) and a Hell of a lot of Fighters, Freighters, and Boarding pods...

Sure as hell don't seem like it. They were used for similar purposes as first, Cronal using his shadows for piracy and terrorism....but then he used them as frontlines which would only make sense if this is all he had to work with. But I guess seeing as this is all of what you have, they could be good...though they seem better for stealth ops.

Which is of course when they got their butts whooped by the rebels.

My entire faction is stealth ops :jawa_wink:

50k? But now hang on a sec, there seems to be a clear difference between Palps Shadow and Shadowspawns....Shadow. So which is being used here? Because really Shadow Stormtroopers....doesn't make much sense for them to be a frontline unit, as they seem better suited for black op/stealth missions.
Que, que, que?

What difference? Quoting Wookieepedia:

The shadow troopers were an elite squadron within the Imperial stormtroopers who were assigned an experimental cloaking armor. This allowed them to disappear in virtually any environment. These soldiers were trained to use their advanced technology to ambush their enemies who they often surrounded before they were capable of defending themselves. They typically acted as reserve units that backed up standard stormtrooper squadrons and only appeared when a battle turned against the Empire.

During such conditions, stormtrooper commanders often called the shadow troopers to provide them with reinforcements. In addition to their cloaking devices, the armor was laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to physical as well as energy attacks when compared to standard stormtrooper armor.

They fought primarily on the battlefield, remember these guys are trained to fight like stormtroopers with assault rifles and the like. Now I don't know exactly what went down on Mindor, but I expect that if the shadow troopers are used they will be used to surround and ambush the enemy, rather than take them head on.

And there is plenty of foliage on worlds such as Yavin 4, Dromund Kaas. Ziost offers a natural smokescreen with its weather and on Korriban there are plenty of tombs and crypts to hide in. So I doubt they'll be pushed into open warfare.

The UB fighters SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK....

My fighters have tractor beams, Hyperdrives, shields, multiple turrets, Diamond Boron Missiles... I haz dem fighter superiority.

Venators have SOOOO much capacity for Fighters, even if outnumbered 10-1 i'm fairly sure I'd have more fighters.....

And yeh, Stealth tech and all that..

But if you want numbers, here we go.

I have 60 OCF, 40 MSF, I have about 5 of each cruiser as a starting batch that Sienar can produce apparently, which leaves me with like 25 capital ships (5 of which beings Interdictors a-la Revan's Navy, I know their ships) and a Hell of a lot of Fighters, Freighters, and Boarding pods...

So if I am to understand you have about 125 Cruiser and above class of ships?

100's of Assassins... One camp.

It was bound to happen, and the Assassins taken to Malgus would likely be the Lightsaber wielding Epic-Assassins...

Point being, a Mandalorian figured it out, someone that can very easily see through such techniques and has exceptionally powerful Danger Sense, Force Sense and Battle Precognition is going to have a much easier time of it.

Even so, Malgus can take practically any sort of injury and just turn it into rage, which is exactly what he did after taking a direct hit from a grenade launcher, a concussion grenade to the face, a force wave, a second force wave through the mountain, having the mountain dropped on top of him, crawling out of it and then going to find a Jedi to kill, then killing him.

Yeh he can take injuries like stepping on a pin and this ability to sustain heavy damage increases three fold according to canon.

Simply put Darth Malgus is a brute force tank who also achieves Oneness with the Dark Side and gets a lot more powerful.

This guy has a Force Scream that caused those around him to bleed from the ear, the bridge to buckle and a Republic Fighter Wing to be wiped out in an instant, that is what happens when you make him angry.

When you make him really angry he crushes your skull with his bare hands, ouch.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Que, que, que?

What difference? Quoting Wookieepedia:

The shadow troopers were an elite squadron within the Imperial stormtroopers who were assigned an experimental cloaking armor. This allowed them to disappear in virtually any environment. These soldiers were trained to use their advanced technology to ambush their enemies who they often surrounded before they were capable of defending themselves. They typically acted as reserve units that backed up standard stormtrooper squadrons and only appeared when a battle turned against the Empire.

During such conditions, stormtrooper commanders often called the shadow troopers to provide them with reinforcements. In addition to their cloaking devices, the armor was laced with durasteel fibers which made them more resistant to physical as well as energy attacks when compared to standard stormtrooper armor.

They fought primarily on the battlefield, remember these guys are trained to fight like stormtroopers with assault rifles and the like. Now I don't know exactly what went down on Mindor, but I expect that if the shadow troopers are used they will be used to surround and ambush the enemy, rather than take them head on.

And there is plenty of foliage on worlds such as Yavin 4, Dromund Kaas. Ziost offers a natural smokescreen with its weather and on Korriban there are plenty of tombs and crypts to hide in. So I doubt they'll be pushed into open warfare.

Ya reserve units and only appearing when the battle was turning, they weren't actively out there fighting is what I was getting at. But anyway I guess it is all moot seeing as that is all what Sel has anyway.

Point being, a Mandalorian figured it out, someone that can very easily see through such techniques and has exceptionally powerful Danger Sense, Force Sense and Battle Precognition is going to have a much easier time of it.

Even so, Malgus can take practically any sort of injury and just turn it into rage, which is exactly what he did after taking a direct hit from a grenade launcher, a concussion grenade to the face, a force wave, a second force wave through the mountain, having the mountain dropped on top of him, crawling out of it and then going to find a Jedi to kill, then killing him.

Yeh he can take injuries like stepping on a pin and this ability to sustain heavy damage increases three fold according to canon.

Simply put Darth Malgus is a brute force tank who also achieves Oneness with the Dark Side and gets a lot more powerful.

This guy has a Force Scream that caused those around him to bleed from the ear, the bridge to buckle and a Republic Fighter Wing to be wiped out in an instant, that is what happens when you make him angry.

When you make him really angry he crushes your skull with his bare hands, ouch.

You make decent points :p

Maybe I'd just have to make Traya and Maul go...

So I may have asked this before, but what does Raven's navy consist of again?

Raven, the daughter of Trigon has no such Navy I'm afraid... Though she might be able to make a ship with her mind.

If you mean Revan, then it's Sith Interdictors and Lol worthy fighters with no shields and two lasers.

But if you don't overthrow your master, you die. Dooku I imagine doesn't want to die, so while he may fear his master, inevitably if he want's to live he's going to have to overthrow him.

Except Dooku implies the opposite in the Battle of Boz Pity.

And no, I don't mean he wants to die.

Pretty much...

Each Venator can hold over 400 fighters, and I have spare fighters that Hyperjump in or launch from the Planet...

Ya well it gives you a bit more of a disadvantage number of big ship wise against the UB as last I heard he has 900 ships so its going to be a bit of a problem as he outnumbers you by nearly 8 to 1 and that's really hard to turn in your favor so he will likely be able to take you in the space game. Your best bet is to use smaller ships in hit and fades or as means to transport troops to create hit his ground hard and/or capture his ships. If he lands while 1v1 your sith assassins can take his sith warriors he out numbers you here 10 to 1 last I checked and while the Shadow stormtroopers I believe are better then the massissi both groups use similar tactics and in the end that advantage is lost with the help of grievous I think.

So how many of the Interdictors will be given, because if it is all, you are facing a fleet way more numerous and a lot more powerful, these things were equal to Victory-II class Star Destroyers, 4,000 years before they were designed. Edited by LadyKulvax

So how many of the Interdictors will be given, because if it is all, you are facing a fleet way more numerous and a lot more powerful, these things were equal to Imperial-II class Star Destroyers, 4,000 years before they were designed.

I thought it was Victory-II...

So how many of the Interdictors will be given, because if it is all, you are facing a fleet way more numerous and a lot more powerful, these things were equal to Imperial-II class Star Destroyers, 4,000 years before they were designed.

Like I said, Santhe/Sienar had the Schematics...

Also, I can't remember from the Last Kaggath, I'll have to check.. But I'm pretty sure it was not 4,000 :p

Raven, the daughter of Trigon has no such Navy I'm afraid... Though she might be able to make a ship with her mind.

If you mean Revan, then it's Sith Interdictors and Lol worthy fighters with no shields and two lasers.

Raven/Revan, Tomato/Tamato. XD Lol

Ok so.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_cruiser

These

and

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_fighter

These?