The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

He'd demolish Vindicaa....

And Malgus would go down pretty smoothly from Maul me'thinks, especially if Maul was accompanied by (even such a small amount as) 2 Sith Assassins...

PS: I need to think of a Darth name for Maul...

*Hearty laugh*

Perhaps you are not familiar with Malgus' capabilities?

I'll give it to you that Maul is a superior lightsaber duelist, but Malgus dominates with Force abilities. On top of that he is capable of tanking any injuries that Maul deals with his lightsaber. Then he'll just tear him to pieces with the Force.

And Malgus would Force choke 2 Sith Assassins before they could even draw their Force pikes.

EDIT: Darth name for Maul?? How about Darth Maul... O_o

EDIT: Heck it doesn't even matter if Maul is the superior duelist. Look what happened to Battlemaster Darach.

EDIT: But come on people, lets get creative here. This isn't the BattleZone (heh heh heh.)

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't be so confident of Maul > Malgus.

Malgus makes Maul look amateur in Force prowess and I am finding it hard to believe that Maul has anything to call upon to beat Malgus once Malgus uses Force Maelstrom, in-fact Maul would be in serious danger in the face of that kind of power.

*Hearty laugh*

Perhaps you are not familiar with Malgus' capabilities?

I'll give it to you that Maul is a superior lightsaber duelist, but Malgus dominates with Force abilities. On top of that he is capable of tanking any injuries that Maul deals with his lightsaber. Then he'll just tear him to pieces with the Force.

And Malgus would Force choke 2 Sith Assassins before they could even draw their Force pikes.

EDIT: Darth name for Maul?? How about Darth Maul... O_o

I think I need medical help o.0

Malgus wouldn't be able to, they mask their presence... And they draw on the strength of their Victims, hence their ability to take down Jedi Masters...

And also, Malgus' one shot for maul would be a Maelstrom... Which IMO, wouldn't get off if Maul was the one to start the duel.

Besides, if this happens like the last one and comes down to the Core, Maul doesn't even have to do it, Traya will.

Oh, and Traya can just go take Malgus down herself, if she chooses.

Why? Standard Rule of Two is it not?

Yes it is, but pre-TCW sources seem to indicate that Dooku had no intention of betraying Sidious. In fact, in Dark Rendezvous, Dooku seemed afraid of Sidious' power. And he rightly acknowledged his place in the grand scheme of things in both Dark Rendezvous, and during the Battle of Boz Pity.

Malgus wouldn't be able to, they mask their presence... And they draw on the strength of their Victims, hence their ability to take down Jedi Masters...

And also, Malgus' one shot for maul would be a Maelstrom... Which IMO, wouldn't get off if Maul was the one to start the duel.

Besides, if this happens like the last one and comes down to the Core, Maul doesn't even have to do it, Traya will.

Malgus sensed a Jedi concealing his presence. I see no reason why he couldn't sense Sith Assassins.

Yes it is, but pre-TCW sources seem to indicate that Dooku had no intention of betraying Sidious. In fact, in Dark Rendezvous, Dooku seemed afraid of Sidious' power. And he rightly acknowledged his place in the grand scheme of things in both Dark Rendezvous, and during the Battle of Boz Pity.

He feared Sidious' power yes, but if he thought he could take him...

Besides, we've seen before that Sidious will NOT take an apprentice if the Apprentice does not want him dead. He respected Sith Tradition, even if he tried to create a new one.

We see this when he refuses to keep Maul on because Maul only wants to serve, actually torturing him into hating Sidious.

Malgus can hide his own force presence and could see through the same power when a Jedi Master attempted the same thing, so no the Sith Assassins are not catching him off-guard.

These Sith Assassins were DESIGNED to conceal their presence, that's all they're useful for...

And I'd think Malgus'd be a little distracted with a rampaging dathomirian launching himself at him...

Oh jeez, oh my, good lord. I was expecting you to be like "oh yeah I mean like another name."

But no, oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz.

Get this woman some help. :p

Anyway, in regards to the topic at hand. Malgus has seen through the Force concealment of Jedi and choked them out. Admittedly the concealment abilities of the assassins are much better, but combine that with the fact that one with heightened awareness - which Malgus certainly has - can detect them at proximity, and combined with Malgus' excellent precognitive abilities and I don't see them getting the jump on him.

That said even if they do they have to get through Malgus' armour first.

On the other hand Malgus can simply batter Maul down with devastating power strikes, blast him with Force lightning (which he has shown himself incapable of deflecting) or simply launch projectiles at him.

I think with a lot of help and with the situation in Maul's favour he could pull it off, but in a simple 1v1 he doesn't stand much of a chance. If say Traya were present... well that's a whole different story.

P.S. Drawing Malgus to the Core will make him extremely powerful, much like Vader he'll channel the dark side energies into his Force rage and kick some serious butt.

Ooh ooh! I've got a new rule. Factions retain knowledge of prior battles and are therefore capable of learning from their mistakes, and acting on holes discovered in their armour i.e. don't bring big bad Sith to Malachor V.

But if you don't overthrow your master, you die. Dooku I imagine doesn't want to die, so while he may fear his master, inevitably if he want's to live he's going to have to overthrow him.

Oh jeez, oh my, good lord. I was expecting you to be like "oh yeah I mean like another name."

But no, oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz.

Get this woman some help. :p

Anyway, in regards to the topic at hand. Malgus has seen through the Force concealment of Jedi and choked them out. Admittedly the concealment abilities of the assassins are much better, but combine that with the fact that one with heightened awareness - which Malgus certainly has - can detect them at proximity, and combined with Malgus' excellent precognitive abilities and I don't see them getting the jump on him.

That said even if they do they have to get through Malgus' armour first.

On the other hand Malgus can simply batter Maul down with devastating power strikes, blast him with Force lightning (which he has shown himself incapable of deflecting) or simply launch projectiles at him.

I think with a lot of help and with the situation in Maul's favour he could pull it off, but in a simple 1v1 he doesn't stand much of a chance. If say Traya were present... well that's a whole different story.

P.S. Drawing Malgus to the Core will make him extremely powerful, much like Vader he'll channel the dark side energies into his Force rage and kick some serious butt.

Ooh ooh! I've got a new rule. Factions retain knowledge of prior battles and are therefore capable of learning from their mistakes, and acting on holes discovered in their armour i.e. don't bring big bad Sith to Malachor V.

*Runs off in Embarrassment*

Traya can leave the core, pretty much just walk to wherever Malgus is (Along with Maul, if needed) and just demolish him....

Besides, the core works in one way. Ratios.

If a character can kill another outside the core, they can kill them In the core :p

Yes and those same Sith Assassins got discovered by Mandalorians.

They were discovered in the Mandalorian camp when they attacked, only time they got pulled out of stealth was when one Mandalorian was stealthed and they weren't watching out for him... So he had ample time to look for Oscillations.

*Runs off in Embarrassment*

Traya can leave the core, pretty much just walk to wherever Malgus is (Along with Maul, if needed) and just demolish him....

Besides, the core works in one way. Ratios.

If a character can kill another outside the core, they can kill them In the core :p

I think Malgus would be more adept at drawing on the Core's dark side energies. Simply because he is so damn good at channeling his rage. Traya on the other hand doesn't seem so capable.

Nope, just Shadows - all 50,000 of them.

50k? But now hang on a sec, there seems to be a clear difference between Palps Shadow and Shadowspawns....Shadow. So which is being used here? Because really Shadow Stormtroopers....doesn't make much sense for them to be a frontline unit, as they seem better suited for black op/stealth missions.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi