Seriously...WE are Just going to get 2.4 dropped on us?!?!

Thmsleon

It baffles me, why your respond to a question has to end with you being rude, insulting, and ect...it was not necessary nor appreciated

It was what it was. I was not even responding to you when I wrote that. Seems like I struck a nerve, though. You might want to get that looked at.

I kind of agree with the OP. Honestly, for me it's not even something like I'm making plans to run the new ops (I am...but not that it's any different than another raid day...will just depend what content we do) or prepping for arenas, or wanting to bash on BW for being late, etc. Really, I'm just more surprised that EA/BW isn't trying harder to increase the buzz about this. While the "Join the Battle" trailer was neat and fun, the biggest thing that will get players (in particular getting players BACK) will be new content. Assuming 2.4 goes live with everything it's been promoted to have, it will be the single largest piece of content SWTOR's had next to the expansion (and barring the extra levels and adjusted skill trees, in many way this is bigger). Even if they leave off an exact date, I'm just surprised there isn't more frenzy-generating articles or videos to get people pumped up.

That my friend has also had me confused

Couple things:

(the irony is that I posted a thread similar to this in 2.3 but realized how stupid it was).

Unless they announce differently... it is safe to assume that any previously announced dates/information hold true. THere is no real reason for them to make a post just reconfirming something already known http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457#post6555457

This is fairly standard procedure. You don't generally see random press releases from companies that constnatly say "xyz will release on somerandomdate" over and over again. Its pointless, they already said the date and if nothing has changed no reason to keep going on about it.

On details.

Is it really such a bad thing that we are going into a patch not knowing everything? Personally (even as a raid leader) I am getting tired of every major patch knowing all of the details about gear, dailies, operation encounters, flashpoints, every single thing... sometimes weeks before a patch.

It isnt just this game its MMO's with a pts in general.... its just getting old. How about we for once get a patch that actually has something new that EVERYONE playing the game is seeing for the first time.

Apparently some people require the same information to be stated over and over again. They can't accept that no news is good news. They need constant reassurance. I don't know why.

Actually, no...but it is what it is. Thanks for your input. Take care and goodbye...

Couple things:

(the irony is that I posted a thread similar to this in 2.3 but realized how stupid it was).

Unless they announce differently... it is safe to assume that any previously announced dates/information hold true. THere is no real reason for them to make a post just reconfirming something already known http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457#post6555457

This is fairly standard procedure. You don't generally see random press releases from companies that constnatly say "xyz will release on somerandomdate" over and over again. Its pointless, they already said the date and if nothing has changed no reason to keep going on about it.

On details.

Is it really such a bad thing that we are going into a patch not knowing everything? Personally (even as a raid leader) I am getting tired of every major patch knowing all of the details about gear, dailies, operation encounters, flashpoints, every single thing... sometimes weeks before a patch.

It isnt just this game its MMO's with a pts in general.... its just getting old. How about we for once get a patch that actually has something new that EVERYONE playing the game is seeing for the first time.

^This one gets it.

trust me to the OP er , more and more are wondering the exat same thing what are we really getting , not just the new pvp stuff and two new raids and misson area .. but more detail .. is needed, i won't go in to what . its just needed..

Why don't they give us a full posting on all of it they have in the past ? . so whats up ? .

guess we wait and see on Oct 1st which i read some place is the 2.4 target release date .

Couple things:

On details.

I do agree with that .. but at the bottom it does more detail ..

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

New Operation: Dread Fortress

New Operation: Dread Palace

New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

all we have now is what was on the PTS and all kinds of rumors about gear , crew skills and other stuff there was a lack of on the PTS . which in the past of any major change like this , they gave us those details .

Sorry, right now, till a DEV comes out and confims. how its all gonna work you can tell me this or that till your blue in the face , due to the lack of details and rumors, ive been seing because of it . i wont and can't settle for any more then from the horses mouth .

SORRY to many what IF's now .

Edited by tanktest

I do agree with that .. but that bottom it does more detail ..

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.

New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

all we have now is what was on the PTS and all kinds of rumors about gear , crew skills and other stuff there was a lack of on the PTS .

I will partially agree. I wish (and I hope) that it is more than just gear and crew skills that we don't know about. I wish we were just going to be suprised by there being a second Operation (we knew about 1) or something along those lines. Or maybe none of the operations ever hit the PTS.

At the end of the day though... something remaining a mystery is a plus to me.

I am still pissed that the new operations, the BH event, and other things always go on the PTS first. Not becuase I can't go on the PTS (I can) but I want to see how the community as a whole reacts to seeing content for a first time... not the few who go to the PTS and write up detailed guides (nothing against dulfy or others meant there)

But the question is. If 2.4 comes out on tuesday. What does knowing about the gear or crew skills actually affect you?

Edited by ninjonxb

trust me to the OP er , more and more are wondering the exat same thing what are we really getting , not just the new pvp stuff and two new raids and misson area .. but more detail .. is needed, i won't go in to what . its just needed..

Why don't they give us a full posting on all of it they have in the past ? . so whats up ? .

Again, I ask *what* more is needed. There are people here who might know more about 2.4 than you, especially if you are unsure of even the officially stated release date. You already know most of the major features. There isn't much else to say. Crafting is not changing, 72 (Underworld) gear is still going to be the highest level.

Otherwise you can just wait for the patch notes, which are usually available as early as Monday evening, to read about every little change. Although, even the patch notes don't contain *every* detail of every change.

I do agree with that .. but that bottom it does more detail ..

New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

all we have now is what was on the PTS and all kinds of rumors about gear , crew skills and other stuff there was a lack of on the PTS .

I agree, we are seven days till the target date

So now it's trolling to agree with anyone other than you? I don't even completely disagree with you. All I did originally was point out why they don't do what you were asking. Don't get butthurt over something like this. It's not worth it.

YES IT IS!!! Well...unless you agree with me or my view...then it's viable feedback that everyone should read.

As for this post...

Calm down...Around Oct 1st is what you were told, you've seen a ton of stuff on the Test Server...it's coming. Maybe they'll release it early! Maybe it'll be late...whatever the case, you know it'll be soon and you know the vast majority of the patch notes already...history has proven that VERY little changes between Test and Live...expect the same trend to continue.

Again, I ask *what* more is needed. There are people here who might know more about 2.4 than you, especially if you are unsure of even the officially stated release date. You already know most of the major features. There isn't much else to say. Crafting is not changing, 72 (Underworld) gear is still going to be the highest level.

Otherwise you can just wait for the patch notes, which are usually available as early as Monday evening, to read about every little change. Although, even the patch notes don't contain *every* detail of every change.

well i did test the pts we cannot re 75 to start with 78 are HM drops or were on the PTS or are they ? .. there is more ..

i just a want full list before it goes live , sorry , you dont understand or see need for that im not you .

I do beve in some kind of order , thing's set in stone and do understand things may not happen as they say but why can't they just come out and say yes or no they have in the past . so i can plan for it my time is my time as your is yours .. i won't complaiin and usually don't , and even go with what ever ..

But like i siad also . . I not one for here say talk and don't say much unless it 's fact .

that said GL ..

I hoping nothing is dropped on us were not really for .. and in fact knew the target date Oct 1st for some time and because my post seems like i dont i don't . sigh and GL ..

Edited by tanktest

well i did test the pts we cannot re 75 to start with 78 are HM drops or were on the PTS .. there is more ..

A dev post confirmed that 75 gear is not going to be R/E-able. Unfortunately that post appears to have been lost in the rollback of the PTS forums.

But what they said was that the 75 gear was a special reward for those who completed NiM TfB and S&V, and would allow those groups to progress more quickly in the new operations on their way to the new 78 gear. But 75 gear was not considered part of the gear progression, and was not required to progress in the new operations, and indeed is not considered to be a "tier" on it's own.

So again, expect zero changes to crew skills or crafting - 72 gear will remain the highest craftable for now.

You have a full list already. You are just imagining that there are a bunch of additional changes they haven't talked about or previewed on the PTS.

A dev post confirmed that 75 gear is not going to be R/E-able. Unfortunately that post appears to have been lost in the rollback of the PTS forums.

But what they said was that the 75 gear was a special reward for those who completed NiM TfB and S&V, and would allow those groups to progress more quickly in the new operations on their way to the new 78 gear. But 75 gear was not considered part of the gear progression, and was not required to progress in the new operations, and indeed is not considered to be a "tier" on it's own.

So again, expect zero changes to crew skills or crafting - 72 gear will remain the highest craftable for now.

You have a full list already. You are just imagining that there are a bunch of additional changes they haven't talked about or previewed on the PTS.

yea, it was I'm backing off for now , i need it from the horses mouth in some kind of good order untill then well i said how i feel.

my whole point is im ok with it all. i just want it confirmed in one post not bits here and there .. sorry you also don't see the point of that ether ..

Well GL ..

A little heads up would be appreciated...you know? The "expected" date of 2.4 dropping is supposed to be October 1st...which as you are aware is a week from today...are we getting the update then?...I can more than understand if it has been, or needs to be delayed, but can we PLEASE have some idea what to expect?!? I would rather have a quality update, even if I/we need to wait a bit longer for it.

It would be also appreciated by myself, my guild, server, and I am sure the entire Swtor Community, so have some info about what we are getting ourselves into. The only new stat gear that we have seen is leaked info on the fan sites...and that didn't actually come from Bioware, That came from the "Net Nerds" (who all of you I dearly love, but am jealous of lol)...I tested the PTS, ran the new ops, and still nothing...just lots of questions, no answers (I mean I have been playing since beta, most of us on this firum have).

Lots of questions are fine, and to a point exciting...but I am starting to have bioware remind me of this girl I dated in college...she was fun, she was exciting, I invested a lot of time in her...THEN THE WHOLE THING BIT ME IN MY ***!!!

Can we PLEASE get an update...my cheeks are starting to tingle again in anticipation of another complete waste of time....:-/

Ansician, Jedi Covenant Server

If your interested in whats in the patches, you should test them while they are up on the PTS.

oh, and they said October 1st. If they haven't said anything more, then you should plan for October 1st.

I'm with the crew that doesn't need to know everything. Different strokes for different folks, but for me I like to see it all new and start my own min-maxing investigations once the content is released. I like going into new content blinking like a new babe... wondering what would happen if I clicked on that shiny thing in the distance.

I used to test on the PTS, truly test. That sense of anticipation and wonder was gone however once the content was released. In a very real sense it turned into just another day. So... just give me a date. That's all I need.