[Launcher] Several bugs with Launcher in these days

Drahy

Hello,

This report is all about Launcher and its bugs according to me and which should be changed. It contains more bugs than suggestions so I decided to choose section "Bug reports" - lets do this:

1) First of all - I decided to make a clean installation from scratch - uninstall all game and remove all data containing SWTOR files to have really clean installation to be sure everything is working just fine. Suddenly the work of Launcher has changed and so did its "animations" and others (I had the installation maybe like a year). Launcher now somehow "Reorganizing Data ..." for several minutes or even hours which it didnt before in my older nstallation, my computer runs like 100% CPU during the whole time even when there is no patch or just a really small one, is that intentional?

2) There are some "visual" bugs which I would like to change - see here in the picture: http://www.2i.cz/e5c7b69c4f (click to enlarge) - there you see 3 arrows - the first one indicates two letters "ST" in the left bottom corner - why is it there? Second indicates there is "more free space" for the "line" of completion on the left then on the other side as you can see it is not symetrical and finally third arrow indicates there is big space between the text "Verifying ..." and the line under it. Is that all intentional or not?

3) On the other picture here: http://www.2i.cz/a183f2d80b you can see again the Launcher working when installing patch - we have again text "ST" then we have "blank" space at the begining of the line - more than on the other side again (just visual "bug") and third we have different type/fonts of writing of text like "Installing ... 97.31%" and texts "Installing" and "complete" - why is not the text "Installing ... 97.31%" in the middle of the line with the same font?

Thank you - I spent some time to create because I want Launcher to be perfect, so please leave any respond at least (from developers) so I know it wasnt waste of time. Thank you and may the force be with you.

Edited by Drahy

I have also been having the extremely long "reorganizing" issue that can last longer than an hour. I closed my client over an hour ago and I had to wait for it to reorganize twice and now it is installing/reinstalling a huge number of files. It's seems like it replacing about 60% of the game or something.

I can't confirm or deny when the issue started with the launcher, but I left the game and uninstalled it over a year ago. I installed the game maybe 3-4 weeks ago and have had it happen 2-3 times since then. It would appear you're right that it is an issue with people who have downloaded the game/client/launcher somewhat recently.

• Dev Post

Hello folks,

We are aware of current concerns around the launcher. We're working on them, and they're a high priority for us. There's an update in the works that needs testing for a deploy as soon as it's ready. We'll continue to watch and work on remaining problems after it's released.

Thanks for your understanding!

Also, when the game was first released, there was an audible sound alert on the launcher when your "PLAY" button would light up.

Now, the only time I hear the sound alert when my "PLAY" button becomes click-able is after a large patch.

Bioware, I implore you, PLEASE bring back the "PLAY" button sound alert for every log-in.

Thank you!

So can we expect refunds of game time for being unable to login? It's nothing we as a user did.

Unlikely. A month or two ago (the cathar release patch) the game became unplayable for every XP user for two days. No cash refunds, no gift items, no cartel-coins, nothing. Don't expect this to be any different...

Also, when the game was first released, there was an audible sound alert on the launcher when your "PLAY" button would light up.

Now, the only time I hear the sound alert when my "PLAY" button becomes click-able is after a large patch.

Bioware, I implore you, PLEASE bring back the "PLAY" button sound alert for every log-in.

Thank you!

The "new launcher" is working just as you want - it plays sound everytime the "play" button is ready but the cost of infinite patching ... so it depends on you what you really want - have "quick" launcher without sound or "very slow" launcher with sound - "new launcher" is only available if you download the whole game again ...

But devs said they are working on it so we have to hope ... and wait.

Edited by Drahy

AmberGreen, I do not mean this as offensive, just expressing the way I feel, I don't want the ST version fixed, I just want to go back to the old version. VERY frustrated with the ST version. On my computers with the old version launcher no issues, the new ST version is a nightmare. I dread Tuesdays now

I haven't seen this much of a failure since the DL times on WoW patches back in WotLK and BC. This is unacceptable, complete rubbish which shouldn't happen. 2013 and the highest this patch can DL is 6.5 MBPS, that is a bunch of crap. This is clearly a huge mess up for Bioware and EA, and we should be getting compensation of game time for each day we were unable to log-in. Hell, I don't even want the damn money I just want this game to be fixed; but that's asking for way too much I'm sure.

Now I understand that I am not the only one who has to wait for a massive download. :confused:

My internet speed is only 250kB/s, so it has nearly taken a whole day to download the files again. I did find it strange that only a fix for the launcher — and not for a major update — it needed to re-organise all the files on the hard drive. Afterwards, it decides to reinstall the whole game when it was fine before the update. :eek:

If this sort of thing happens often — without future warning — I will be inclined to cancel my subscription, unless I get adequately compensated for it. I know a day's loss of play is worth about 30p (50c), but it's still a lot for me! :D

Since Tuesday evening (9/24) after the launcher updated, I have been asked for a One Time Password to be able to log into my game. I was told that the server did not recognize my system. I am an LSP for a University in Indiana. I can tell you there have been no changes to my desktop machine nor the laptop that I have been playing the game on for the last 7 months. The only change made was the addition of a video card 4 months ago. Even then I did not get this message. After receiving this message on my desktop, and spending an hour waiting on Customer Service to answer my call, I cracked open the laptop which had not had any hardware changes or any changes to it. After the launcher update I got the same thing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the launcher or repeal the launcher update. My desktop launcher updated again today (9/26) and still asked for a One Time Password. There had been no changes to the machine in the last 24 hours.

DrkMageJedi

johnsomf@iu.edu