The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics 2.4 PvP Gear

NeverSuffer

Just throwing my line of thinking out there to see if anyone can poke holes in it.

As with many other VG's/PT's I will be rolling tactics for Arenas if things are released as they currently stand. Currently most DPS VG's use the Eliminator set for the 15% HiB crit chance but isn't that obsolete in the tactics tree? Pretty much every HiB will be an auto-crit anyway meaning you will have a 100% crit chance. The 2 piece bonus on Elim doesn't help us..... so... combat tech for Neural Surge, Tenacity, and stock strike benefits? Did I get it right? No? Yes? Maybe?

Vanguards do not have a good set bonus. And a tactic with St-k still sad. As do not twist in the end rests in the balance, not bonuses.

look at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=681974

Not really sure what half of that meant but I can try to guess. I'm not saying that the set bonus's are game changing or that they are really really awesome... I'm saying that in the Tactics tree you get NOTHING out of the eliminator set bonus's because once again the 2 piece doesn't do anything for Vanguard skills and the 4-piece increases crit chance to a skill that we SHOULD always crit 100% of the time on in the tactics tree... you don't reset HiB in tactics like you do in Assault so you should always be able to SS before you HiB. Combat tech at least gives you SOME benefits. Looking for feedback to either support or debunk what I'm saying.

I have all 4 ACs (PT/Merc/VG/Commando) so needless to say I will be using a legacy set for all 4 to PVP with. (also i'm cheap and can't afford all those augments :( ) So I'm going with 2 piece combat medic for the reduced cd on HO/HTL (something that all 4 classes have) and the 2 pc combat tech. That way Merc/Commandos can still benefit from something (reduced CD on CC Break). We'll see how it works out.