The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

After Makeb can the Sith Empire make a comeback?

LadyKulvax

Do you believe that with technological superiority and the stabilising of the Empire itself, that the Empire can score some important victories and get back on the front foot? there are certainly ways the Empire can get back on the level playing field but is it too late?

I believe the Empire can and is making a comeback. Why? Because I, Darth Imperius Kallig is helping to lead it!

lol jk

But seriously, what with the isotope 5 and the new directives allowing for alien recruits, we'll be back on the offensive eventually.

:csw_deathstar_un::csw_destroyer::csw_atat::csw_guard::csw_probe:

Edited by atalis

But seriously, what with the isotope 5 and the new directives allowing for alien recruits, we'll be back on the offensive eventually.

:csw_deathstar_un::csw_destroyer::csw_atat::csw_guard::csw_probe:

The Sith will be back on the offensive, whether they have the resources for it or not. (Almost certainly "not".)

A few speeches, some token concessions to the Untermenschen, and a couple of new toys, and suddenly people have decided that the Empire's long string of military disasters is over.

The Sith will be back on the offensive, whether they have the resources for it or not. (Almost certainly "not".)

A few speeches, some token concessions to the Untermenschen, and a couple of new toys, and suddenly people have decided that the Empire's long string of military disasters is over.

"A couple of new toys"?

From Wookieepedia's article on Isotope-5:

Named for the fifth known isotopic variation of an element normally found in neutron stars, isotope-5 had powerful warping effects on gravitational and electromagnetic fields even in minuscule quantities. Research into the substance's capabilities showed that it was relatively stable, and could theoretically be altered into a form capable of channeling massive amounts of energy through particle bombardment.[1] Such was the nature of isotope-5 that scientists speculated a single microgram of the substance could power a datapad for an entire century.

Sure, the Death Star is proof that no single superweapon can be counted on as some guaranteed advantage, and that kind of arrogant assumption is, well, lethal. This is more than a single superweapon, though.

The changes to policies regarding aliens shouldn't be dismissed as insignificant, either, though the Empire may have a long way to go in that area (in any case the Empire has alliance with aliens, most notably the Chiss, and I haven't seen evidence one way or another to suggest Csilla was invaded and they were outright coerced into an 'alliance').

Anyway, between the Esh'ka, the Sith species and the 'Sand People', the Republic has its share of prejudices as well. Not generally on the same level, granted, except possibly in the case of the Sith species. I don't see any evidence that Imperial xenophobia is based on some Nazi belief in biological superiority, either. It's simply that the Empire is by and large comprised of humans and Sith who are distrustful of outsiders, many of whom happen to be alien species. That said, there's definitely xenophobia and it won't go away over night after festering for generation after generation of isolationism. It's predictable when the first time the Empire has moved beyond its borders in that length of time is in the context of a war.

What makes you say they'll go back on the offensive now? I don't see anything to substantiate that, given the position the Empire is in. I see the Republic thinking the Empire is in its final hours, trying to make a big push, being devastated and having to lick its wounds and start over. After all, the Empire is far from destroyed yet, and the surprise attack on Dromund Kaas that allowed them to kill the Emperor was costly. That, and of course plot armor makes both sides ultimately shielded from complete destruction until the story is finished...but I prefer in-universe explanations.