The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

pvp 11/33/2

ishbindeinvater

I'd modify it into a 13/33/0 build like so:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGMzZrsRrobRRzGh.3

Run in Ion Gas Cylinder

• Why Ion Gas Cylinder?
    First off, Ion Gas Cylinder gives huge armor bonuses. 2.4 PTR had a large number of Tactics Vanguards running in Ion Cell, because the (very) small bonuses of High Energy Gas Cylinder don't really compare to the +60% armor Ion Gas Cylinder gives alongside +5% damage reduction and that Extra burst of armor-ignoring elemental damage. And the spec provided also causes the Ion Cell effect to be twice as good due to the DoT, as well as allowing Rail Shot
  • Why no points in Iron Fist?
    Iron Fist was ignored in favour of Ion Overload, as Ion Overload causes rocket punch to trigger Ion Gas Cylinder automatically, as well as doubling the damage caused by Ion Gas Cylinder
  • Any possible tweaks to it?
    You can drop the point in Prototype Cylinders for a point in Prototype Electro Surge if you want, but I personally believe that +8% damage from the Ion Cell effect is better than a stun 9% more often. Though you can also drop rebraced armor if you want one of:
    • Energy Rebounder (2 points, absorbs damage)
    • Iron Fist (2 points, increases Rocket Punch damage)
    • Neural Overload (1 point, Ion Cell causes slow)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also drop Rail Loaders and get Combust instead. You'll notice the increase survivability more than the increased damage of Railshot.

The other remark I have about this build is that you will have a harder time managing your heat without Immolate. Immolate is not only almost half the heat of Flame Burst but with Flame Barrage you can do Immolate + Rocket Punch for only 10 heat which makes a huge difference. Oil Slick is good, but just thought you should know what the trade off for it is.