"That’s Just Wrong!" Achievement

Danylia

This Achievement says Defeated 100 Jawas on Tatooine while partying with the Party Jawa. It rewards 10 points, so it is necessary for Planet Achievement completition.

I don't own a Party Jawa since I first subscribed in half August 2012, but I thought that won't be a problem due to the word "partying". Today I grouped with another player who activated their Party Jawa, and we went to hunt the Jawas aroud Mos Ila.

Unfortunately, none of the kills we made did count towards my achievement progression (so I'm still at 0/100) regardless of who made the actual kill. Contrary to that, my groupmate got credit towards the achievement for both the kills I made, and the kills they made themselves.

This means that this Achievement is unobtainable unless you own a Party Jawa. Of course, there are other achievements of similar nature (most notably the ones leading to Sharp Dresser), but I would still like to know if this is design by intent, or an oversight/bug. Thank you.

• 5 months later...

I also missed the chance to get the Party Jawa, but I wouldn't mind it that much if it wasn't for this achievement. So what, all players that subscribed later will have to stare at this achievement unable to do anything about it?

I understand it early players got titles, like "Founder", so that's nice for a reward, but don't make an achievement depend on such thing... unless you don't expect any new players.

I'm trying to complete location achievements as I level up, and some of them are good for an exercise. Since now I got all starting planets, capital planets and Nar Shaddaa. Having a 100% next to those locations feels like an achievement indeed. Too bad that I'll have to give up on Tatooine :(

As the time goes by, and the game IS STILL ON, more and more players will bump into this obstacle. Seriously, guys, please do something about it!

Also, in the General pvp achievement This Party's Over: how many players still activate this party jawa and also play warzones or otherwise make themselves "available" for a defeat? While defeating 50000 players takes quite some time and warzones played to achieve, it's still possible to accomplish, but chances that 100 of them will have the Party Jawa buff are quite slim, if any.

Cheers

• 1 year later...