The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Invisible Main Hand Weapon

Sir-steve

Would love to see an invisible main hand weapon for those who would like to be 'Force Users' i.e. not always seeing a lightsaber equipped when you're primarily shooting lightning. Give it more of an 'Emperor Palpatine' feel (yes, I know that's 3k years in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
You know you can just have no mainhand or offhand, right?

You can also go into battle naked, but BW still added in the covert energy armour, so you still get the benefits of the mods while only appearing to be naked. (BTW, I am NOT a fan of the energy armour, other than the gloves, because sometimes you just want to leave your hands bare ;) ).

An invisible weapon for Force users would be cool, but what would be better is if they simply added an option to leave your lightsaber on your belt, because the lightsaber is an icon of the Jedi, even if it isn't used, therefore, every Jedi should have one, they just don't need to draw it if they only use Force-based attacks :)

Hmm, this would be kind of neat for certain advanced classes! I'd love for my Sage to either keep his lightsaber on his belt in combat, or simply have it not show. But it could be kind of weird/problematic in cutscenes, when your character is destroying quest objectives with their lightsaber, or in those rare times when your character actually does take a swing at something.

Personally, I'd be most interested in having a "hide weapon when sheathed" toggle. FFXIV has it and it is wonderful for helping reduce clipping issues or for when you want your character to look more casual or undercover. Why yes, I do have a Twi'lek that has to use a back mounted weapon, how did you guess? ;)

Edited by Gwena

But doing that means you don't get the benefit of whatever mods you've slotted into your weapon, which at later levels would put you at a serious disadvantage :rolleyes:

But it could be kind of weird/problematic in cutscenes, when your character is destroying quest objectives with their lightsaber, or in those rare times when your character actually does take a swing at something.

It wouldn't be any stranger than the Agent and Trooper cutscenes, where you use a blaster pistol, even though your character has a rifle or assault cannon ;)

Erm, how so? I'm simply saying if you want to use ONLY force powers Emperor style you can use un equip the items from both your main hand and offhand slots.

the damage (or heals) of your force power are dependent on the quality of you mainhand weapon.