Alderaan Elysium thranta taxi dissapears out from under you

Mugen_no_Jidai

Today, I tried taking the Thranta taxi from Outpost Ghrent to Elysium, multiple times and with two different Empire toons, only to have the Thranta vanish from beneath me every time at the same point, causing my character to fall down to her death. Here's a screenshot of what I mean. Slightly above where my toon is in the screenshot, the Thranta consistently stutters, then just vanishes outright, causing my character to fall straight down.

I tried picking up and abandoning the associated Shock Doctrine quest (which you need to get up there for the first time, to no avail. Not sure what's causing this, but Shock Doctrine is likely unable to be completed by most folks/everyone depending on the nature of the bug causing this.

I am having the exact same problem. And then later on I was talking to a quest giver on elsewhere Alderaan and my character got stuck for no apparent reason. I logged out and logged back in and all of a sudden I was up at the top of Elysium Thranta. I tried to ride the taxi back down and it gave out just like it does on the way up and I fell to my death.

Had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Was a bit stubborn :p and tried to use the taxi 4 times, fell to me death everytime. Kept on playing and logged off after a while, where I logged off was nowhere near Elysium. When i logged back on I was at the top of the elysium bridge :eek:, when I took the taxi to go back down it vanished in the exact same place it vanished when going up. Which meant I fell to my death again!!

Tried to get to Elysium Base on 2 different imp characters. First time per thranta from Ghrent: the thranta suddenly disappeared in midair dropping my character to the ground (and killing her).

The second time per speeder from the spaceport. This time the whole animation halted and the speeder disappeared, dropping my character. Looks like Elysium base is unreachable and therefore the Shock Doctine quest unplayable.

Devs, what are you doing? Looks like patch 2.3.3 broke more things than it fixed.:eek:

• Dev Post
Quickest update ever: I found the bug on this; we are aware that this blocks the [HEROIC 4] Shock Doctrine mission and are working on a fix. I'll get it posted to the Known Issues with the next update, and we'll update again should there be new developments. Edited by AmberGreen

This happened to me at Gree. I thought it was part of a character-limited bug and restarted/repaired, then QT'd out of the base when I returned.

It may still be there, but not noticed since only those who need Scalene armor would go there.

It's still there. It just happened to me as well.

This happened to me at Gree. I thought it was part of a character-limited bug and restarted/repaired, then QT'd out of the base when I returned.

It may still be there, but not noticed since only those who need Scalene armor would go there.

Yep - the speeder and the Western ice Shelf is also bugged.

• Dev Post

Hi again!

To confirm what folks are saying above, the Western Ice Shelf speeders (Imperial Firebase 3 and Republic Recon Post) also have an issue where they dismount you right away. While they're not a murderous Thranta, the result is the same: you'll not get anywhere using them. The fixes are currently scheduled for Game Update 2.4.1, and there's a Known Issue incoming.

Edited by AmberGreen
typo

In addition to dying from the fall, it seems to put the character in a weird state whereupon escaping out of a conversation freezes your character and tells you "you cannot do this in a vehicle" when trying to perform any action. Relogging seems to put you back on the Thranta, where you promptly fall down again (though I didn't die this time), but again after escaping out of any convo I end up stuck again.

I also had this happen at the Gree speeder at Ilum's Western Ice Shelf (though without the death as the fall was shorter).

Thought I would add that since using the Thranta taxi to Elysium, my character has been rendered pretty much useless. After every conversation, she becomes unuseable - she can't move and any attempt to use a skill is met with the red text "You cannot do that in a vehicle". Additionally, whenever I die, I'm immediately transported back to Elysium and fall to my death [again]. I don't die too often, but it happens more because this bug also causes problems in certain quests, specifically 'Regicide'. I have to reset the game after every conversation in order to move again, but this causes me to get trapped in the yellow forcefield of the enemy boss! When, upon what must have been the fourth try, I managed to actually kill him, the quest rebooted, forced me out of the area and dropped me to the ground, killing me.

No one else I've spoken to seems to have the Thranta glitch this severe.

Thought I would add that since using the Thranta taxi to Elysium, my character has been rendered pretty much useless. After every conversation, she becomes unuseable - she can't move and any attempt to use a skill is met with the red text "You cannot do that in a vehicle". Additionally, whenever I die, I'm immediately transported back to Elysium and fall to my death [again]. I don't die too often, but it happens more because this bug also causes problems in certain quests, specifically 'Regicide'. I have to reset the game after every conversation in order to move again, but this causes me to get trapped in the yellow forcefield of the enemy boss! When, upon what must have been the fourth try, I managed to actually kill him, the quest rebooted, forced me out of the area and dropped me to the ground, killing me.

No one else I've spoken to seems to have the Thranta glitch this severe.

That kind of glitching is a lot like what I was experiencing when escaping out of conversations. I found I could reset this if I relogged, left Alderaan completely, and came back.

This still happening.

Furthermore, almost every conversation in the valley ended up by me suddenly flying thranta an then falling down.

And EVEN MORE when i end conversation in story mission it stuck my char on state where systm thinks i am on thranta and cannot do anything just logout.

Seriously guys this bug is preventing players not only from taking the HEROIC, but also from finishing STORY MISSIONS.