The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credit Cap

Couchpotatoes

I thought this already existed but I asked around and looked myself but I couldn't find anything like it but the credit escrow.

There should be an item in the Cartel Market to remove your credit cap when your subscription status changes, this item should be legacy bound also. It would cost 500 cartel coins for your single character or 1200-1500 cartel coins to bind it to your legacy and 2500-3000 cartel coins to get it bound to your account.

Edited by Couchpotatoes

I thought this already existed but I asked around and looked myself but I couldn't find anything like it but the credit escrow.

There should be an item in the Cartel Market to remove your credit cap when your subscription status changes, this item should be legacy bound also. It would cost 500 cartel coins for your single character or 1200-1500 cartel coins to bind it to your legacy and 2500-3000 cartel coins to get it bound to your account.

no, there is escrow for that. If you don't like the limits on f2p pay the sub.

How about we make a monthly unlock, you pay so much to get rid of your credit cap for one month, maybe with a slight saving if you buy three months in one go.

no, there is escrow for that. If you don't like the limits on f2p pay the sub.

The escrow you have to pay each time you want the funds, this way preferred status players can play with no credit cap. Of course you'd have to sub at least once to purchase this.

Edited by Couchpotatoes
Wrong

The escrow you have to pay each time you want the funds, this way preferred status players can play with no credit cap. Of course you'd have to sub at least once to purchase this.

Jut gonna say this now: once you sub, F2P becomes basically unplayable. There is no point whatsoever in "subbing once"

Jut gonna say this now: once you sub, F2P becomes basically unplayable. There is no point whatsoever in "subbing once"

Ok, "subbing once" is not exactly accurate. What I mean I'm trying to say is, Preferred Status Players would be able to purchase the Unlock:, Credit Cap with cartel coins, in the cartel market so when their subscription status changes to preferred they would no longer have a credit cap on their account, character, or legacy.

Edited by Couchpotatoes
Wrong

No, OP. We don't want to reward people for pulling their credit card or game card purchases. Even if they purchase the right to uncap their credits, after a few months, the overhead of that player negates the small purchase they made to uncap their credits.

These restrictions are not to penalize people, but are there to motivate people to sub. If you take away the carrot of the sub, then the game devolves into freebs and digital Lebowskis.

No, OP. We don't want to reward people for pulling their credit card or game card purchases. Even if they purchase the right to uncap their credits, after a few months, the overhead of that player negates the small purchase they made to uncap their credits.

These restrictions are not to penalize people, but are there to motivate people to sub. If you take away the carrot of the sub, then the game devolves into freebs and digital Lebowskis.

I see your point, however, I wasn't clear in my original posts. I left out a few details.

Yes, you'd be able to purchase for your legacy or character but only if you reach a certain status, weather reputation or legacy level. Say level 15-20 legacy and the price of the unlock falls. More for current subscribers less for f2p.

For subscribers:

Legacy below level 15-20 costs 1500-2000 cartel coins or 1.5-2.5 million credits

Legacy at level 15-20 or above costs 750-1250 cartel coins or 500-850 credits

Preferred:

Legacy below 15-20 costs 4500-5000 cartel coins or 5-6 million credits

Legacy at or above level 15-20 costs 3500-3750 cartel coins or 4.5-5.0 million credits

F2p:

Unable to purchase this unlock

Now a few more details are as follows,

You must have Rise of the Hutt Cartel (therefore subscribed before)

You must have full reputation with the Voss or another reputatin source

You must have subscribed more than once during which it was longer than a one month subscription time

Please tell me any other concerns you may have on this at the link in the word "concerns"

Edited by Couchpotatoes
Wrong

No way would I ever agree to rewarding f2p over subscribers. Besides, nothing you listed as mandatory requirements would require a single month of subscription. You can still buy Rise without a sub. You can still build rep without a sub. IF you don't want a credit cap, then subscribe. Stop wasting our time and yours.

Oh, and by the way, a credit cap unlock for subscribers? GET A LIFE!

No way would I ever agree to rewarding f2p over subscribers. Besides, nothing you listed as mandatory requirements would require a single month of subscription. You can still buy Rise without a sub. You can still build rep without a sub. IF you don't want a credit cap, then subscribe. Stop wasting our time and yours.

It's okay, Vass. The big bad OP isn't here to troll you anymore.

Ok, I didn't know some of that information you listed but was the "GET A LIFE" really necessary? All I was doing was posting a thread about something I thought would be nice to have in the game. I meant no offence in any of my posts. If I offended anyone or annoyed I apologize and assure you that this thread will no longer be reposed after today's post.

(To all you going to post some thing like "shut up" or another demeaning comment due to this post, note that I will no longer be viewing this thread so your anger towards me are going to, as they say, "Fall on deaf ears")

Edited by Couchpotatoes