Mission reset ?

ZoiN

Yesterday I started the HK-51 mission series, and had a good chunk of all the parts needed for him, yet today I need to go back to the Theoretika ?

Anyone else with such an issue not necessarily this quest series but another perhaps ?

- Must admit that its really annoying as finding those parts certainly can be a huge pain, not to mention that I have to buy one of the parts again for another 125K credits - guess thats 250K out the window in case it does this again >_<?

Edited by ZoiN

Same here. It was reset this morning for me and all four of the components I have collected so far are gone. It was showing up in my mission tracker--even though I didn't have it tracked yesterday--and was back at the Travel to the Theoretika stage. I created a Customer Service ticket in-game but have not had a response yet.

Character: Sparkplug (Imperial)

Server: The Bastion

I created 1 ticket on my main for both characters it happened to, hopefully that will be good enough.

Kk, I've had that mission sitting around collecting dust and randomly decided to finish it last night lol! Kinda bummed me out but I'll live, it's a fun quest anyway so if I gotta start from scratch I'm cool.

A quest in this chain has been changed with today's patch, and I would assume that is why the quest has been reset. This is normal to prevent issues due to different versions and it's unlikely that your progress can/will be restored.

Sucks, but normal at least for the MMOs I've played.

A quest in this chain has been changed with today's patch, and I would assume that is why the quest has been reset. This is normal to prevent issues due to different versions and it's unlikely that your progress can/will be restored.

Guess I'll have to read the patch notes, thanks for the heads up.

I dont think ive ever had that happen to me through the last 10 years of playing mmo's - What I find most odd is the thing about spending a ton of credits (I know 125K isnt necessarily much but my character isnt exactly rich and only got like 22K now), which then in the end gets taken from you.

I dont think ive ever had that happen to me through the last 10 years of playing mmo's - What I find most odd is the thing about spending a ton of credits (I know 125K isnt necessarily much but my character isnt exactly rich and only got like 22K now), which then in the end gets taken from you.

It was pretty noticable in WoW with the Burning Crusade raid titles, the quests were re-issued to not reward the titles but people who saved the old quests in their log could share or complete them instead of the newer bad ones. It's happened several times with how they change the world and zones permanently now.

You certainly should have had more of a public warning, it sucks to lose that time, progress and money.

I don't think anyone would be happy about losing that many creds for sure, I'm bummed about the Foundry hm cause only one undergeared person helped me with it last night and we were both stoked that we completed it.

It was pretty noticable in WoW with the Burning Crusade raid titles, the quests were re-issued to not reward the titles but people who saved the old quests in their log could share or complete them instead of the newer bad ones. It's happened several times with how they change the world and zones permanently now.

You certainly should have had more of a public warning, it sucks to lose that time, progress and money.

Guess I might justhave been lucky to have avoided such issues - but yeah, the credits is really the biggest issue here :/

And a warning as you mentioned would be really nice as well - since I usually don't read patch notes until the patch is actually out >_<

Guess I might justhave been lucky to have avoided such issues - but yeah, the credits is really the biggest issue here :/

And a warning as you mentioned would be really nice as well - since I usually don't read patch notes until the patch is actually out >_<

I don't see anywhere in the patch notes where it says the quest will be reset, just that a bug will be fixed, so had you read them it wouldn't have made any difference.

If this turns out to be intended, that should have been made abundantly clear to everyone, and in good time so the questline could be completed before maintenance today.

I don't see anywhere in the patch notes where it says the quest will be reset, just that a bug will be fixed, so had you read them it wouldn't have made any difference.

If this turns out to be intended, that should have been made abundantly clear to everyone, and in good time so the questline could be completed before maintenance today.[

Absolutely correct, nothing about it resetting in the notes so it's just a bug. Not sure if I should restart or not.

If this turns out to be intended, that should have been made abundantly clear to everyone, and in good time so the questline could be completed before maintenance today.[

Absolutely correct, nothing about it resetting in the notes so it's just a bug. Not sure if I should restart or not.

It wasnt intended. Check the dev tracker

The quest resetting wasn't Intended, correct. They didn't intend to screw over the players who were working on the quest.

That said, when they fixed a dialog warning message in the bonus missions on the Theoretica, they DID reset the HK quest.

Of all the potential things that the devs could do, they have opted to go with "nothing". Read the thread linked a couple posts ago. If you'd rather have quick recap:

"Wow, sucks to be you. Sorry guys, looks like you're going to have to do it all over again."

The quest resetting wasn't Intended, correct. They didn't intend to screw over the players who were working on the quest.

That said, when they fixed a dialog warning message in the bonus missions on the Theoretica, they DID reset the HK quest.

Of all the potential things that the devs could do, they have opted to go with "nothing". Read the thread linked a couple posts ago. If you'd rather have quick recap:

"Wow, sucks to be you. Sorry guys, looks like you're going to have to do it all over again."

That this sucks can not be questioned. So now the question becomes if anything can be done to restore progress that you had at one point, or if there is no practical way to do so. It may not be physically possible to restore this, or even determine who got screwed over with this change.

If that's the case, then the question becomes if they try to do something to make it up to the community as a whole or not, and that's a trickier question. They could, for example, make HK available for purchase for example, like they did to resolve the missing emote and medical table from the last pack, but doing so would most likely anger some people who spent the time to get him the hard way.

It's a crappy situation for everyone to be sure. I'm hoping they can come up with something, but I'm not sure I see a way out for them on this one.

From the official bug reports thread on this issue, I felt it was relevant enough to quote in this thread

My guess is the devs thought it was an "easy" fix and would look good for them as they could say they are fixing bugs. Instead, it's blown up in their face.

I really feel that the response to this issue was insulting and contemptuous. At the very minimum the credits invested need to be refunded, ultimately the best solution would be to put everybody back in the position they were in with the quest before they screwed us over.