Unlockable companions: Your own toons!

Elfa

How nice would it be if you could unlock AI versions of your own Legacy alts as companions. They don't need a story or speech, just base their AI on whatever AI you're already using for a similar companion class.

I'd love to have my own Sith Warrior running along side my Sorc while I'm playing or bring out my Merc healer. You would have to regear them of course, but think of how neat it would be to feel like you actually share the same world with members of your legacy.

Having alts as companions would give us way to many companions. What I would like to see is companion customizations based on alts. So if you have a knight and a female consular, you couldn't have your consular as a companion, but you could make Kira look like your consular. This would work better as a legacy perk then as a cartel item.

Having alts as companions would give us way to many companions. What I would like to see is companion customizations based on alts. So if you have a knight and a female consular, you couldn't have your consular as a companion, but you could make Kira look like your consular. This would work better as a legacy perk then as a cartel item.

Given how well Treek sold and how much money it made them, you can already kiss goodbye the idea of limiting companions other than deciding for yourself not to buy anymore of them. I'm just trying to perhaps set a new and interesting path for their future usage and development.

You could never have too many companions, just don't ever take them out. They might start to clutter up your ship, but they could be behind a closed door. If we could use out alts, it would give us a chance to get rid of a companion with an irritating personality (speaking of Kira...)

Given how well Treek sold and how much money it made them, you can already kiss goodbye the idea of limiting companions other than deciding for yourself not to buy anymore of them. I'm just trying to perhaps set a new and interesting path for their future usage and development.

I agree that we will probably get 1 or 2 new companions every year. They are interesting new content, and a good source of income for the cartel market.

You can have 12 or more toons per server. If they let us use them as companions it would more than double our current crew. the ships would get crowded and even if I do not buy them all, the programmers need to find room for them. Also They would need to program AI's for all of the different classes, and skill trees. That would be a massive undertaking. Companion customizations based on our legacies would be much more do-able.

Don't get me wrong. All of my toons are based on a theme. I have fit them all into a family tree, and I would love to be able to have them as companions. But the amount of work it would require is probably better spent elsewhere.

You could never have too many companions, just don't ever take them out. They might start to clutter up your ship, but they could be behind a closed door. If we could use out alts, it would give us a chance to get rid of a companion with an irritating personality (speaking of Kira...)

Getting rid of companions is also getting rid of story elements. It makes future expansion of story lines much harder.

I would love to see a "Defectors and Double Agents" storyline, where you could switch sides or pretend to switch sides and your companions would either follow you or be replaced depending on their affection and story line. But I am not going to hold my breath.

/Signed!!!

I would pay serious cartel coins to be able to run my Knight as a comp with my Shadow!! And I dont see why it would be that hard to do, all the heavy lifting is done. They are all skinned and textured. You just add in the correct behavior when you select a toon as a comp.

On that same note, Star Trek Online lets you take as many as 5 comps with you in an away mission (Red Shirts!!) and I would love to see that in this game as well. The game scales to match the number of comps you bring much like in the special events a high level player will fight a high level mob even if he is on a low level planet.

Or you could just limit the number you can bring to 2,but yeah I believe it could be done.

/Signed

/SIGNED

/DOUBLE SIGNED

/signed

That would add a whole other level of awesome to legacy.

Exactly! This is all about bringing the Legacy closer together. Why have your other toons sitting around when they could be accompanying you on your adventure. This means awesome CM income and huge positive player response.

Imagine, you're playing your Marauder while your Op healer backs you up from behind or you roll your Powertech while your Sorc toon brings the pain.

It time to end the Superman/Clark Kent situation. Lets bring the Legacy to life.

Okay I guess I have to be the bad guy and say this a dumb idea.

The concept of companions is to have interesting characters around you. Having carbon copy of your alts does not help with that. Risha is an interesting character, Vette and Mako are very well written. I do not want to see them replaced with carbon copies of my alts, it takes away from the experience. And no we do not need to be able to replace Vette with some alt just to change Vette's appearance.

Vette is a Twi'lek slave, the fact that she is a slave is central to her character, her cultural heritage of being a twi'lek is also important. I cannot have her look like my human alt and then hear her go on about her twi'lek family, it just doesn't work.

I am sorry but I refuse to sign this, it is a bad idea.