The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exar Kun Runs the Sith Lords Gauntlet!

Bird_of_Thunder

Checked out Jensarai to see if I could find any examples of Kun's force reliance... And I found this:

"Kun's primary weakness was his Inability to Fight Properly without his aid of the Force, and this Shortcoming was the cause of his Few Defeats."

Didn't answer in the way of names, Seems I have to do that myself, but at least I'm not alone in my views.

Didn't Freedon Nadd or someone cut him off from the Force to lure him to the dark side?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it's so obvious, how about you list 3 names.... Not when he's been out gunned, or out manned. We're talking Out Dueled here.

As a Padawan against Vodo-Siosk Baas. That's the only time (to my recollection) that he was out-dueled.

Didn't Freedon Nadd or someone cut him off from the Force to lure him to the dark side?

Yes. On Yavin, his lack of connection to the Force caused his capture. This was the only other time (to my recollection) that he has been defeated, and this was still as a learner.

Indeed.

He cut him off from the force, and crushed him under rubble, on Korriban.

Only way out was to embrace the Dark Side, he resisted but his overconfidence let to him giving in to his hatred and escaping...

Edited by Selenial

As a Padawan against Vodo-Siosk Baas. That's the only time (to my recollection) that he was out-dueled.

Yes. On Yavin, his lack of connection to the Force caused his capture. This was the only other time (to my recollection) that he has been defeated, and this was still as a learner.

My line came out wrong there, He was out-dueled by Baas yes, but I was trying to say with Limited use of the Force Kun has never been able to adapt... Easily allowing his capture (Or trapped under Rubble)

Let's not forget the horrific Feeling Force Users feel when being drained, a difficult pain to overcome.

Haha!

Whilst playing through the Darkside Kotor just now (Because I'm trying to get to DS Dantooine to hear that speech again :/) I just watched for the first time, Kreia knocking Bao Dur out, and re-awakening him... Without looking at him....

And then threatening to wipe his memory..

Add that to her Bada**ness.... That game has so much replay value.

My line came out wrong there, He was out-dueled by Baas yes, but I was trying to say with Limited use of the Force Kun has never been able to adapt... Easily allowing his capture (Or trapped under Rubble)

Let's not forget the horrific Feeling Force Users feel when being drained, a difficult pain to overcome.

That was still when he was a relative neophyte (in comparison to his Prime).

What do you mean it doesn't matter? Exar Kun had barely begun his journey down the dark path. He became far, far more powerful.

I mean, he can't stop the force Drain, and really, if you're saying he'd have more ability to defend himself and more power, that also doesn't matter as he'd have to face off a MUCH larger assault...

It's missing Darth Krayt, imo.

Well actually it has 3 guys (Malak, Pall and Murr) who really...haven't done anything really in regards to fighting anyone. Except for Malak who beat Bastila but then got beat by his former master, while he was amped by the Starforge.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Title explains itself. Exar Kun faces off against 5 Sith Lords from any part of the Star Wars timeline.

Arena: Trayus Core, Malachor V

1. Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)

2. Darth Malak

3. Darth Traya

4. Ajunta Pall

5. Karness Muur [boss Battle]

Exar Kun should win vs all except Traya.VS Traya it will be circumstantial and it will depend on many things.But on paper ,imo Traya is the more powerful sith.But that's only because Kun didn't have time to grow older,wiser,and more knowledgeable about the Force.

Edited by Kaedusz

Alright Selenial, you can have your Force Drain.

So how about that Force Blast?

Lets not overstate the power of the Force blast, Exar Kun was only capable of knocking an unprepared Aleema Keto unconscious. Traya is vastly more powerful and likely capable of blocking such an attack, and even if she is hit. Her abilities Force healing will repair any damage quickly.

Lets not overstate the power of the Force blast, Exar Kun was only capable of knocking an unprepared Aleema Keto unconscious. Traya is vastly more powerful and likely capable of blocking such an attack, and even if she is hit. Her abilities Force healing will repair any damage quickly.

lolwut? unprepared? she attack him first he began to absorb her force blast taunted her whilst she did it then she summoned one of her dark energy barriers and it still knocked her out cold, dont underestimate the force blast.

lolwut? unprepared? she attack him first he began to absorb her force blast taunted her whilst she did it then she summoned one of her dark energy barriers and it still knocked her out cold, dont underestimate the force blast.
Well if its possible to defend against such an attack with a Force barrier, I see no reason why Traya cannot do this.

Well if its possible to defend against such an attack with a Force barrier, I see no reason why Traya cannot do this.

It wasn't a generic force barrier it was a sorcery based shield, BIG difference, she was a master sorceress Traya has never been touted as being anything of the sort, we saw the effect that pure Dark Side energy had on Bane who used normal force powers to defend himself it did nothing nor did his lightsaber have any effect.

It wasn't a generic force barrier it was a sorcery based shield, BIG difference, she was a master sorceress Traya has never been touted as being anything of the sort, we saw the effect that pure Dark Side energy had on Bane who used normal force powers to defend himself it did nothing nor did his lightsaber have any effect.

Again, what's to say he'd even manage to get it off?

Again, what's to say he'd even manage to get it off?

Then I will answer your question with my own question, if this drain force ability is soooooo powerful why did she not once even try to use it against the Exile? and don't give me 'because she didn't want to harm the Exile' this was the ultimate test, she made nothing easy, she made it as hard as possible.

The only explanation would be simple, the more powerful the opponent, the lesser the effect if Force Drain was such an easy insta-win she'd have had little trouble with basically anybody.

Point, but that doesn't change the fact that Traya can heal the injuries she suffers. And their obviously is some means of defending against it as Keto was not incinerated on contact like the Massassai warriors. I'd assume that has something to do with one's natural Force shields.

That said if Keto has the time to raise a shield Traya could just dodge the attack. Or respond with a Force drain before he can unleash it. Its not as if she is just going to stand there and let herself be hit.

Then I will answer your question with my own question, if this drain force ability is soooooo powerful why did she not once even try to use it against the Exile? and don't give me 'because she didn't want to harm the Exile' this was the ultimate test, she made nothing easy, she made it as hard as possible.

The only explanation would be simple, the more powerful the opponent, the lesser the effect if Force Drain was such an easy insta-win she'd have had little trouble with basically anybody.

You already know the Answer. But nice try...

Remember what happened to Nihilus when he tried it? Yeh. It pretty much reversed and Drained him.

Edited by Selenial