Harbinger is down...

captpickles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for getting the rest of my weekly's done this week before I head off to work. Bioware really should own up to this. Why is this server always going down? What can we expect in the future as far as communication between Bioware and players who spend the majority if not all their play time on Harbinger? I am not paying to transfer all 12 of my characters to another server because Bioware can't seem to keep Harbinger up and running. A response to the community on this issue would be nice. I have been playing and PAYING for this game since early access. I have brought multiple other players to the game who are now subscribers. We deserve an explanation of why Harbinger seems to be down a great deal more than the other servers. The question is, will Bioware answer?

So much for getting the rest of my weekly's done this week before I head off to work. Bioware really should own up to this. Why is this server always going down? What can we expect in the future as far as communication between Bioware and players who spend the majority if not all their play time on Harbinger? I am not paying to transfer all 12 of my characters to another server because Bioware can't seem to keep Harbinger up and running. A response to the community on this issue would be nice. I have been playing and PAYING for this game since early access. I have brought multiple other players to the game who are now subscribers. We deserve an explanation of why Harbinger seems to be down a great deal more than the other servers. The question is, will Bioware answer?

Second that....

Eric?

Ah.. yes. That's the one. Thanks.

But there was a section, I thought, were they tried to tabulate counts. Hmmm... there was definitely someone coming here to the forums and posting them. This was about the same time as the first server merger.

That was a year ago, and before super servers.. and it was on the forum here. A forum member here did some good empirical data gathering on servers to correlate it back to what the torstatus indicators actually mean in terms of population ranges. Basically, at that time... a server at STANDARD population levels = 1500-2000 logged in. As best we could tell.. once the super servers went live.. they appear to be ~3x the sizing of the old servers. Nobody has done any recent empirical correlations that I am aware of.. but servers have not been altered since. So conservatively speaking.. 4000-5000 for Standard. And 5-10% of active players logged in at any given time.

Edited by Andryah

What happened? I got this one BW ( since you know...we dont need to know..)

We were looking into the issue as to why The Harbinger seems to be disconnecting lately. Well, We found the issue. Well, the issue this time at least. Juan, the custodian, was vacuuming the server room and had accidentally kicked the power cord. We have warned him to be careful before. He has one more shot or we will be forced to let him go.

there....better than anything you guys have put out. Is it a lie? the truth? I dont know...but someone had to say something

What happened? I got this one BW ( since you know...we dont need to know..)

We were looking into the issue as to why The Harbinger seems to be disconnecting lately. Well, We found the issue. Well, the issue this time at least. Juan, the custodian, was vacuuming the server room and had accidentally kicked the power cord. We have warned him to be careful before. He has one more shot or we will be forced to let him go.

there....better than anything you guys have put out. Is it a lie? the truth? I dont know...but someone had to say something

And if that was the true story, then the issue lies not with the cord being unplugged. It's that they didn't care enough or weren't competent enough to fix it.