The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who or what is your favorite Star Wars Character?!

DevilWearsPanda

Umm pretty much all characters in the original trilogy were made with saying the most powerful KNOWN so and so because just in case there were more powerful characters made later they were assumed to be unknown so even though like was the most powerful known Jedi there could be unkown ones who are more powerful just as with sidious so revan or malgus or the old emperor could each be more powerful than luke Vader or the emperor as in the story its possible that those people are unknown.

That would be a legitimate theory, if not for the fact that out-of-universe sourcebooks and more have already stated that those same people were the most powerful ever, not just of their time, but ever.

Also, even the in-universe books can have references such as 'the entire history of 'x' order' which means everyone else before them, this would include Revan, Malgus and the Sith Emperor.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about those books I mean didn't one of them say sidious was powerful enough to destroy planets? I may be wrong on that but if its true what did sidious need with the death star and why didn't he just crush the planets the rebels occupied? If I'm wrong on that correct me.

I don't know about those books I mean didn't one of them say sidious was powerful enough to destroy planets? I may be wrong on that but if its true what did sidious need with the death star and why didn't he just crush the planets the rebels occupied? If I'm wrong on that correct me.

Well first he couldn't control Force Storms until after his first death at Endor, transferring his essence into a younger clone body did away with all the physical limitations he had and spared him his concerns about his aging body, he was then free to exert far more of his power, where as beforehand his body became very tired after great displays of his power, once he'd killed Windu and Vader left for the temple, he felt like an extremely tired and exhausted old man, his body was simply too old and his power took it's toll.

Also, the Death Star never really mattered as an actual weapon it served two other purposes first it served to show the galaxy the might of the empire secondly, most importantly it put fear into anyone that would dare fight the Empire, it kept the systems in line.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Ok I shall try to make a list! In no particular order though! So....here it goes.

Force Users

1. Luke

2. Vader/Anakin

3. Cin Drallig

4. Darth Sidious

5. Yoda

Non-Force Users

1. Kir Kanos

2. Carnar Jax

3. IG-88

4. Dash Rendar

5. Prince Xizor

6. Han Solo

Eh ya know I shall throw out a fav organization/group I really like too.

1. Imperial Royal Guard (Galactic Empire, THE BEST!)

2. Black Sun(Again, THE BEST!)

===

Again no particular order.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

R2D2 - All round awesomeness. :)

Round. Nice pun.

Anywho, I'm weird in that I liked the rank and file of the Galactic Empire:

Stormtrooper

Coruscant Guard

Storm Commando

Roan Fel's Empire:

Imperial Knights

Or the Galactic Alliance:

Venom Assault Trooper

I would like Grand Admiral Thrawn, except, like Clyde Shelton in "Law Abiding Citizen", it was a pretty weak way he was killed. I mean such a genius for some reason didn't see or conceive of betrayal from within? Overconfidence is the fall of many great men, but I never got the impression that he was overconfident. It didn't sit well with me and to me was probably the lowest point of a great book series.

Novel

1. Thrawn

2. Mara Jade

3. Anakin Solo

Movie

1. Darth Vader

2. Grand Moff Tarkin (New hope)

3. General Veer ( Empire Strikes back)

4. Commander Cody

5. Leia in the bikini outfit

Cartoon

1. Captain Rex

2. Commander Cody

3. Ashoka Tano

4. Anakin Skywalker

Game

1. Kyle Katarn (dark Forces series)

2. Mission ( Kotor)

3. Revan ( kotor Series)

4.Bastila (KOTOR series)

Edited by Snakesoul

Dao Stryver (even though we see little of her), Exar Kun(all-time favorite) Darth Bane, and Jango Fett (people don't give him enough credit. Plus, I really enjoyed playing Bounty Hunter when it came out).

Yes, finally someone agrees with me about Jango. :D

I guess my top 5 would be:

1. Jango Fett

2. Qui-Gon Jinn

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

4. Mace Windu

5. Revan

Edited by Hell_Kaiser_Fett

Grand Admiral Thrawn hands down. Easily and clearly the best military strategist in the Star wars universe this far. His military genius is remniscent of that of Alexamder the Great or Aleksander Suvorov. When it comes to leading a War effort, nobody outclasses Thrawn, and any argument of Battle Meditation is invalid due to the ysalamiri present on his ships. He even turned Ackbar's trap around on him, and was only defeated because he was assassinated. Extremely calculating and perceptive, Thrawn is what every military would want and need to ensure victory.