XP gimping when grouping with someone 1 level above you

calypsissmexy

I was playing last night with someone I group with all the time. She had played a little earlier that day to gather mats and ended up leveling while she did this.

We played together for 3 hours, me at level 26, her at level 27, both of use with a big bar of rest XP, and it wasn't until she disconnected that I realized I was getting less than HALF the XP I should have been getting, basically making it almost impossible for me to catch up to her.

This is silly, she was 1 level above me and yet I was completely gimped in XP gains? I literally spent 10 minutes clearing a room over and over while she was logged out and caught up. But for 3 hours before I was earning next to nothing.

Seems broken.

Edited by calypsissmexy

The only thing I can think of is the content you ere running together was level 22 content and with her being 5 levels over was causing it to gray out and give little to no XP otherwise just 1 level wouldn't cause you to gain less XP.

The only thing I can think of is the content you ere running together was level 22 content and with her being 5 levels over was causing it to gray out and give little to no XP otherwise just 1 level wouldn't cause you to gain less XP.

Well, it happened. When we ran through that room together I was pulling 29xp off the mobs. When she logged out I was getting 101 xp off them. :\ Major gimping. And she was only 1 level above because we played these chars from the beginning together.

Edited by calypsissmexy

Well, it happened. When we ran through that room together I was pulling 29xp off the mobs. When she logged out I was getting 101 xp off them. :\ Major gimping. And she was only 1 level above because we played these chars from the beginning together.

If you are only getting 101 xp per kill solo...you are not in hard enough content for your level.

I understand that, but if your friend is 5 levels or higher over the level of the content then you will get little to no XP. You need to move to higher content that is less then 5 levels below the highest level person in your group. Do you understand what I'm saying now?

Except that when you join a group, you get a message that specifically states that groups gain MORE XP than if you play alone :confused:

I think it's most likely because you were both seriously over-levelled: mobs were green for you, but grey for your friend :)

For some content that is true.. Not all.. Content that was meant for a single player and does not scale, you will lose XP playing with someone of a higher level..

Playing with group content that does scale, then you will get more.. ;)

Mmm...

There is a problem with the OPs request while worthy of note and appreciation, but there is a bad side to it as well, and that is if there were no penalty for being with a high level, then the phenomena of "Power Leveling" comes into mind, and that has it's very real issues as well...

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.