1 v 1 Championship Results

ManiacDavis

I play the worst class in game. And on top of that, the worst spec. (Commando medic)

So no, I don't play an assassin. But I will tell you then need some help.

Stealth classes should be able to burst someone attacking out of stealth. It's the point of the class. If a stealth class can't deal a ton of burst damage for their openers, then what is the point of having them?

I bet you don't augment your gear, got no stim, and don't min/max. And, you probably don't know your class very well. So that's why you always get killed in 6 secs.

I don't think commandos/mercs are the worst class in the game; They just have a high skill cap. Kand/Icressi can dominate on their mercs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think commandos/mercs are the worst class in the game; They just have a high skill cap. Kand/Icressi can dominate on their mercs.

Worst among 3 healing classes is what I meant. It has it's strengths of course, like durability, but that doesn't make up for the healing output difference among the other healing classes.

People will always look at 1 v 1 Championships and believe that "this is PvP".

Or, in other words : This Championship will set the mark for future PvP gaming in SWTOR - it is an benchmark for Arenas.

I expect people rerolling towards those classes which wre number 1,2,3 in this Championship. Because Arenas will more or less be 1 v 1. All the other classes will be considered irrelevant for Arenas.

So, now you annoy ppl in the english forums, gz :rolleyes:

And then there are special players like zirx/dumpz that are better on their heal merc then a lot are on there OPs.

Also beast as DPS.

But i think if you put him on an OP healer he would be close to unstoppable.

People will always look at 1 v 1 Championships and believe that "this is PvP".

Or, in other words : This Championship will set the mark for future PvP gaming in SWTOR - it is an benchmark for Arenas.

I expect people rerolling towards those classes which wre number 1,2,3 in this Championship. Because Arenas will more or less be 1 v 1. All the other classes will be considered irrelevant for Arenas.

Arenas are nothing like 1v1. In 1v1 you are the tank, healer, and dps all by yourself. This is why sins are good in 1v1 - they can dps, tank, and some self healing all at the same time (even though juggs do it better, see belligerent). In arena you still go in fulfilling one role, not all 3. With no nodes to guard anymore, sins will by far be the least desired class - they just generalize too much and do too little at a specific role.

You're probably right that people will reroll sin with duel tournaments still turning out this way though, because a lot of people will be thinking similar to this post, that arena is 1v1 because there's less people. It couldn't be further from the truth, but people will buy it.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Arenas are nothing like 1v1. In 1v1 you are the tank, healer, and dps all by yourself. This is why sins are good in 1v1 - they can dps, tank, and some self healing all at the same time (even though juggs do it better, see belligerent). In arena you still go in fulfilling one role, not all 3. With no nodes to guard anymore, sins will by far be the least desired class - they just generalize too much and do too little at a specific role.

You're probably right that people will reroll sin with duel tournaments still turning out this way though, because a lot of people will be thinking similar to this post, that arena is 1v1 because there's less people. It couldn't be further from the truth, but people will buy it.

If you took 4 competent assassin tanks into an arena, they could still beat solid teams by turning the fight into a 4 v 1 by sapping three players on the other team. Even if they all use their cc break, a couple grenades gives the 4 assassins 4 seconds to burst a target down, which is plenty of time. I expect to see a lot of troll comps like this. Personally, I think arenas should be limited to 1 advanced class per group to foster well rounded teams and make balance easier on bioware.

This is why sins are good in 1v1 - they can dps, tank, and some self healing all at the same time (even though juggs do it better, see belligerent).

Are you saying that Guardians/Juggernauts make better 1v1 fighters than Assassins/Shadows?

Because I'm still deciding on which of my toons (Vigilance or Kinetic Combat) to gear up for dueling when 2.4 drops.

If you took 4 competent assassin tanks into an arena, they could still beat solid teams by turning the fight into a 4 v 1 by sapping three players on the other team. Even if they all use their cc break, a couple grenades gives the 4 assassins 4 seconds to burst a target down, which is plenty of time. I expect to see a lot of troll comps like this. Personally, I think arenas should be limited to 1 advanced class per group to foster well rounded teams and make balance easier on bioware.

I would like to see this as well.

Are you saying that Guardians/Juggernauts make better 1v1 fighters than Assassins/Shadows?

Because I'm still deciding on which of my toons (Vigilance or Kinetic Combat) to gear up for dueling when 2.4 drops.

Indeed Assasins/Shadows stronger. Guardians very high depends from theirs CD, and CD on Saber ward 3 min just ridiculous. Sins have much less CD, and much more control, so they always ready for 1 vs 1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.