The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hybrid dps spec - 2.4

randiesel

I've been reading some threads stating there is a pretty good hybrid thread for pvp next patch. I've got a 52 vanguard who has been on the back burner since 2.0 launched, and I'm thinking about leveling him up.

I realize all the negativity surrounding dps vanguards in pvp, but that is honestly not new to me as I've played a scrapper scoundrel for all this while, so I'm used to being bottom of the barrel.

Just looking to see what this hybrid build is, if anyone can share a link to it. I do recall reading Tactics is going to be slightly better than it is in its current state.

Thanks in advance.

I've been messing around on PTS with my Vanguard and I can tell you, it's still not where it needs to be as a full dps spec. The damage for a full spec has not been significantly bolstered to what we have now as a hybrid. I'll keep messing around with it to see if I get this amazing push of 800 extra damage like everyone is claiming but I'm still not impressed by what I am seeing (maybe It's a gear issue for me, have to be geared to the teeth to get those results).

Oh to answer your question, hybrids are dead and obsolete for PvP and PvE since a lot of the abilities have been neutered to keep the cry babies from whining in PvP (PvPers are the biggest complainers on the forums if you check).