The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cyborg species vs. Cyborg "armor"

Synwulf

I am probably in the minority, heck maybe even the only one, but I feel cheated. My first character I played regularly, and still a favorite of mine, is my Cyborg Mercenary. Of course I look like a human with medical crap on my face when compared to those who have either purchased or otherwise gotten the cyborg armor parts from the Cartel Packs. If the intent is to create other "Cyborg" types then just do that; give those of us who made cyborgs as a species a free species redesign and move forward. I feel cheated because I don't want to have to spend either the millions of credits or thousands of coins to get the armor in order to LOOK like my species.

Ok, so this is a rant post and I don't normally do those. Rant off....

I am probably in the minority, heck maybe even the only one, but I feel cheated. My first character I played regularly, and still a favorite of mine, is my Cyborg Mercenary. Of course I look like a human with medical crap on my face when compared to those who have either purchased or otherwise gotten the cyborg armor parts from the Cartel Packs. If the intent is to create other "Cyborg" types then just do that; give those of us who made cyborgs as a species a free species redesign and move forward. I feel cheated because I don't want to have to spend either the millions of credits or thousands of coins to get the armor in order to LOOK like my species.

tl;dr:

"The cyborg stuff you can get for money looks much cooler than my freebie stuff. This makes me mad!"

It´s an armour everyone can get - even Cyborgs.

Never heard Jedi´s complain that there are robes on the cm / in paks.

Just another ridiculous rant.

it's not ridiculous, it is a valid rant!

My 3rd toon i made after launch was a Cyborg powertech and i hated the limited cybernetic accessories. The little metal electron strips on the face and cybernetic eyes all fell shy of a true Cyborg. I wanted, cybernetic arm/s and hand/s and leg/s, plus what was available for the face. I believe this late addition, that i did welcome, because i could, finally full fill the look of my TRUE Cyborg. I agree they should not be for all. Give them some other kind of prostheses, because a Cybernetic Prosthetic should be Unique and an unique part of a cyborgs arsenal as well as a limb.

As far as what you said about Jedi's not complaining about Robes on CM, the robes are catered to the side you're on, REPUBLIC and JEDI robes and IMPERIAL and SITH robes.

And the same should be for -

Cybernetic Prostheses made especially for the Cyborg Species, and regular Prosthetic parts for all none Cyborg Species....

I understand the none cyborg species (as a player you may want to play your toon as they lost a limb in battle), but their body couldn't handle a cybernetic limb like a Cyborgs could, so your none cybernetic toon would have a functional human type Prosthetic limb/part.

I guess the difference of the Cybernetic prostheses could be they would have high set of stats attached to them that cant be modded. But the None Cyborg Species their stats would be sufficiently lower and also can not be modded.

Of course the devs could work out that kind of stuff. Just ideas there....

If it´s up to the CartelCoin-Modifiers for Cyborgs, my apologies.

There are way to few and indifferent modifiers from the beginning.

The title is about ARMOUR, which would mean the Series-505-Kybernetic-Whatyouwant,

and the point that robes differ on the SIDE you are playing has absolutely nothing to with a playable SPECIES,

I´d rather let it go by imitating a class than species.

Edited by Woebearer

Glad to hear I'm not the only one disappointed.

I don't think I'm asking much. I just think since they released the armor that a Cyborg species should be able to use the alterations terminal once for free if they want and remove the cyborg as a species. I hold no anger towards the armor itself or it's design. I remember in the SWG days when they released the cybernetics. Thought is was awesome and actually worked on acquiring some myself. One day I may do that here (though I don't care for the looks of the current set).

My third toon I created was a cyborg smuggler, I had created with the intent of a great backstory to roleplay his injuries and implants, as well as his underworld contract status. Since the introduction of the series 505 cybernetics modified adaptive gear, adding a dye, and a trip to the appearance designer to update his facial scars / cybernetcs look has added to my roleplay scenario for a more intensive story.

In my opinion, (long story short), cyborg race is nice by itself. The series 505 cybernetic gear can be pieced out by using a single piece or combination of pieces, just fine for any race. Mixing the cyborg race and full set of the series 505 cybernetic just makes a really great roleplay scenario

I remember in the SWG days when they released the cybernetics. Thought is was awesome and actually worked on acquiring some myself.

I remember them in SWG as well, but if memory serves me.... it was never a full set just a single arm or 2 in SWG or a leg that was obtainable...but I could be wrong.

I just did a check on my server and would have to spend about 2.5 million credits for make my Cyborg fully Cyborg; it would also completely overwrite his look. But wait am I not already a Cyborg? Oh yeah that is just my species not my look. Silly me.

In SWG by the end of the game I believe there were replacements for everything except the head. I know you could do torso and both arms (I had those); just not sure about the legs.

it's not ridiculous, it is a valid rant!

My 3rd toon i made after launch was a Cyborg powertech and i hated the limited cybernetic accessories. The little metal electron strips on the face and cybernetic eyes all fell shy of a true Cyborg. I wanted, cybernetic arm/s and hand/s and leg/s, plus what was available for the face. I believe this late addition, that i did welcome, because i could, finally full fill the look of my TRUE Cyborg. I agree they should not be for all. Give them some other kind of prostheses, because a Cybernetic Prosthetic should be Unique and an unique part of a cyborgs arsenal as well as a limb.

As far as what you said about Jedi's not complaining about Robes on CM, the robes are catered to the side you're on, REPUBLIC and JEDI robes and IMPERIAL and SITH robes.

And the same should be for -

Cybernetic Prostheses made especially for the Cyborg Species, and regular Prosthetic parts for all none Cyborg Species....

I understand the none cyborg species (as a player you may want to play your toon as they lost a limb in battle), but their body couldn't handle a cybernetic limb like a Cyborgs could, so your none cybernetic toon would have a functional human type Prosthetic limb/part.

I guess the difference of the Cybernetic prostheses could be they would have high set of stats attached to them that cant be modded. But the None Cyborg Species their stats would be sufficiently lower and also can not be modded.

Of course the devs could work out that kind of stuff. Just ideas there....

cyborgs are just humans with computer implants, there was discussion to have a cyborg setting for all species but this has been placed on the back burner while they work on other things.... cyborgs are technicly not a species at all, they're mechanicly enhanced versions of other species, so having the cyborg armor for other species makes sense as canonically other species can be cyborgs aswell.

cyborgs are just humans with computer implants, there was discussion to have a cyborg setting for all species but this has been placed on the back burner while they work on other things.... cyborgs are technicly not a species at all, they're mechanicly enhanced versions of other species, so having the cyborg armor for other species makes sense as canonically other species can be cyborgs aswell.

First off, i know what a cyborg is. A cyborg is a humanoid (in this game humans are not the only ones, so Humanoids) made of, just not Computer implants but also they can have robotic limbs (Or other words Cybernetics), even mechanical organs. Or better yet from the dictionary: "A human being whose body has been altered in whole or in part by electromechanical devices; "a cyborg is a cybernetic organism".

Ok, now i never said they were a species but the game refers to them AS a Species in the creation screen. My point was for Cyborgs to have their own set of Enhanced Cybernetic limbs/parts, that they could have a high set of stats attached to them that would reflect their Cybernetic abilities. Then the non Cyborg, Humans/Humanoids could be altered for cybernetics but since they didn't start off that way, their set stats of their limbs/parts should have a lower stat ratio. I see nothing wrong with all species having that option, just think that the Cyborg toons that were made from conception have a little bit more edge is all.

But i doubt any of that idea would come to light.

It´s an armour everyone can get - even Cyborgs.

Never heard Jedi´s complain that there are robes on the cm / in paks.

Just another ridiculous rant.

The point is that your Cyborg should look like a cyborg no matter what armour it's in, however for those who remember Cade Qel'Droma, a Jedi with a prosthetic arm, it's a bit of reminiscing.

Yeah, A Sith Pureblood Cyborg would be nice, or a Zabrak, etc.