The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Koozie's AP Guide

Kooziejr

He takes low slash and force pull and wears full tank gear. He is an excellent player though. Actually out of the 25-30 ranked games we played before i went on hols we only lost 2 and our healer dcd both times with the comp. That being said we didnt play the best team on our server and a few of the good teams were on alts but yeah its very solid. The idea behind the low slash is that he continually ccs the healer and the 2 dps focus someone else while he whirlwinds, low slashes, electocutes, spikes, interrupts, knockbacks, and pulls their healer. Your healer has to stay close though it does require some coordination.

Its not a meta choice I will play with any tank just happens our guild is small...I dont believe any class is sooooo far ahead. Actually the toughest game we played and almost lost was against pt tank 2 merc dps and an op healer.

interesting - if you think no class is so far ahead... do you find classes utterly behind? would you play ranked with a dps scoundrel? I'm on here reading your boards..because -I had to reroll. Scrapper just doesn't seem to have a place in ranked arenas.

Edited by Mursie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting - if you think no class is so far ahead... do you find classes utterly behind? would you play ranked with a dps scoundrel? I'm on here reading your boards..because -I had to reroll. Scrapper just doesn't seem to have a place in ranked arenas.

Ah no I wouldnt play with a dps scoundrel. But thats probs the only dps class. And wouldnt play with merc heals or sorc heals. Rest is fairly okay. Although I did hear a report of a scoundrel timing hidden strike with the commando heatseeker and them destroying a pro mara haha. But yeah no....im not good enough to coordinate with a class like that.

Ah no I wouldnt play with a dps scoundrel. But thats probs the only dps class. And wouldnt play with merc heals or sorc heals. Rest is fairly okay. Although I did hear a report of a scoundrel timing hidden strike with the commando heatseeker and them destroying a pro mara haha. But yeah no....im not good enough to coordinate with a class like that.

Yeah, I wouldn't play with a Conceal Op or a Corruption Sorc. I think both are liabilities. The Healing Merc, I'm a little biased because I've played with this guy Warr'machine and have won arenas with him, seen him get 2k HPS, etc. I get that they're more reliant on casting than Ops are, but he makes it look good. I really love how resilient to damage they are as well.

I don't like playing with MM Snipers, any DPS Mercs, or Lightning Sorcs. I'll do it, but I'm always leery of playing with the heavy casting classes especially with the LoS and high-ground issues prevalent in arenas, as well as their lack of mobility.

EDIT: Ooh, I just realized the screenshot shows off the latency issues I've been having for the past week. Redlining every 20 seconds or so, going from 35ms to 2k+. Yay BW!

Edited by Aetrus

• 1 month later...
thx for the awesome guide koozie, i got 2 questions:

1) there is 2 gearing path 250 crit or full power, which one u prefer and why ?

2) what do u do against carnage and smash mara ? u didn't include that on ur 1vs1 vid and am still new to pt

thx

Smash didn't get a video because it's easy to kill them with AP, not so much with pyro or tank.

You take 30% less damage from smash, 30% less while stunned, and you almost can't overheat.

Hit shields and explosive fuel, then run your attack rotation, weaving in the shoulder rockets on every GCD. Use stuns when the smash monkey hits undying, or when you need to PFT. If it's a jugg with reflect, use flame sweep and flame thrower when you see it up, because dying to your own DPS makes you bad.

It's really hard to lose with the kind of advantages we have over smash specs, carnage is another story though and I 'd be curious to see something on that myself.

thx for the awesome guide koozie, i got 2 questions:

1) there is 2 gearing path 250 crit or full power, which one u prefer and why ?

2) what do u do against carnage and smash mara ? u didn't include that on ur 1vs1 vid and am still new to pt

thx

Thanks

I run with 250 crit. Actually I have always run 250 crit on both pyro and ap or approximately that. About 2 months ago alot of people did maths saying power was much better to stack. Funnily enough 3 or 4 of those players rub crit when they play pyro. Dont think they realise power and crit doesnt change from spec to spec lol. There cannot be a DPS increase if it doesnt hold for AP Then it does not hold true for pyro. If they they parsed higher with it then it was just lucky. I just prefer the 4.5% crit because it makes burst more reliable. I have always said that. While others talk about overall DPS. Anyways I wont drag u into my petty opinions.

Like brunner said, smash is an easy kill. Although I dont flame sweep or pft maras but I dart and flamethrower juggs when reflect is active.

A good carnage mara might beat AP. trick is to stop them proccing execute so a stun early helps. You must stun them in their gore window or you will die especially if they crit vicious throw. If you want to beat carnage you can play pyro its a very nice counter. I have a very very smart thing to do as a pyro against carnage. I will put it in a video. Needless to say they die a very very frustrating death :-)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the Tank/AP hybrid that every one talking about ? how do you compare it against full AP and Pyro ?

do u mind if u upload ur UI ? i kinda like ur buff and debuff scale and the positions of ur health bat and enemy's health bar.

Still waiting on new vids ! keep up the good work

What is the Tank/AP hybrid that every one talking about ? how do you compare it against full AP and Pyro ?

do u mind if u upload ur UI ? i kinda like ur buff and debuff scale and the positions of ur health bat and enemy's health bar.

Still waiting on new vids ! keep up the good work

That tank hybrid is being nerfed in 2.6 so if you haven't started playing it nevermind. I will upload my ui tomoz - my own ui is pretty oversized and wouldnt really recommend. Just too lazy yo change now.