annihilation help

Rockquarryjr

If it's solo'ing you're talking about, you should be using smash, force scream, and master strike on the standard and weak targets. This breaks up their incoming damage quite a bit, putting relief on your health. Terrifying roar is a good option, but not if you're running with a companion with an easily abused AoE, because they will use it. (That is technically all companions except Quinn, Treek, and HK, so if you want someone else, switch off their AoE attack).

Use interrupts on a current target when they're casting, force choke when your interrupt is on cooldown, and pacify if the incoming attack is ranged or melee.

Finally, use your cooldowns. Cloak of Pain is great when enemies spam DoT at the start of a fight, as is Force Camo (if not running with Quinn, with Quinn it's a dumb move). Saber Ward is better for melee/ranged damage, but it can take the sting out of some force/tech damage if you're desperate.

Finally, get those bleeds their maximum uptime. Every enemy with a bleed is an enemy that could be refunding health to you, and that kicks up into guaranteed when you hit berserk.

Don't think I missed anything.

around that level its not that easy. first i suggest using quinn. i hate him, but its the best choice. i went with jaesa, and gone the harder route because... i hate quinn

use cloak of pain before jumping into a pack.

rotation is quite simple against normal mobs, there is no rotation! you dont need your bleeds against normals. just smash, rupture, force scream, battering assault.

against strong and elite deadly saber, rupture, whatever, force choke... if harder use saber ward too.

you can also jump in, intimitating roar, kill mob after mob, smash, kill, force scream, kill.

obfuscate against elite

you are a killing machine and WILL take damage, but quinn will keep you alive and heals you up after the fight.

what exactly is your problem?

btw, it gets easier later with vicious throw, dual saber throw and the high tier skill and you could go with rage spec its easy and fast leveling experience.

Don't forget our class is very adaptable for all combat situations, that's why we have a priority system rather than a rotation system. I made the mistake of not being adaptable and made the battles a longer and harder than they needed to be. If it makes you feel better you are a couple levels from opening up some real nice abilities that will allow you to solo in any environment.

Annihilate makes the rupture proc a lot better, but lacking it doest make it that bad.

I'm leveling a sent, and where my mara uses annihilate, Sent uses 2 slash.

Key is keeping those bleed up on a strong target so he will heal you, and use quick direct damage attack on normals. Using smash and scream when soloing is to be used only for their stun on weaker mobs.

One thing I do leveling with a dps companion is sinc her/him on the strong of the bunch while I short work the thrash. I had no issues soloing H2s with that strategy even the correllia one with a dps companion out even.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a level 42 sith marauder and i cant seem to get the sequence down for the best rotation since i dont have annihilte yet. Could i get some help? please and thank you.

Annihilation is one of my favorite stances in pve and pvp. So at level 50 you will have access to 2 bleeds, rupture and deadly sabers. Rupture is the main bleed, it's cool down can be reset with the activation of annihilator or vicious slash. The deadly saber bleed should be off cd at all times. Here is what makes annihilation spec fun:

Goal 1: Must build 4 successive annihilator hits to attain the annihilator buff, which reduces its CD.

Goal 2: Must keep bleeds up, deadly saber and rupture needs to be up at all times, but not at the expenses of losing the annihilator buff. As stated before rupture is reset by ANN and VS, but once ANN buff is maxed, do not use VS to reset rupture, must use ANN.

Goal 3: Must use specials like bleeds and ANN to build fury so that you can go Berserk after hitting rupture and deadly saber to maximize bleeds and AOE heals.

Hope this helps.

Annihilation is one of my favorite stances in pve and pvp. So at level 50 you will have access to 2 bleeds, rupture and deadly sabers. Rupture is the main bleed, it's cool down can be reset with the activation of annihilator or vicious slash. The deadly saber bleed should be off cd at all times. Here is what makes annihilation spec fun:

Goal 1: Must build 4 successive annihilator hits to attain the annihilator buff, which reduces its CD.

Goal 2: Must keep bleeds up, deadly saber and rupture needs to be up at all times, but not at the expenses of losing the annihilator buff. As stated before rupture is reset by ANN and VS, but once ANN buff is maxed, do not use VS to reset rupture, must use ANN.

Goal 3: Must use specials like bleeds and ANN to build fury so that you can go Berserk after hitting rupture and deadly saber to maximize bleeds and AOE heals.

Hope this helps.

There are a lot of flaws in this. First and foremost the op doesn't have annihilate yet. Second, you cannot keep bleeds up with 100% uptime. Its physically impossible. Third, while Annihilate is higher damage and proc chance than VS, VS is still useful to fish for a proc if you are in a proc dry spot. Fourth, Annihilate costs a ton of Rage and does not build any. It refunds 1 which still leaves it at 4 rage, the highest cost ability we have. Fifth, bleeds only have a chance to build rage and there is a rate limit on it. Sixth, you completely missed the fact that while VS has a lower chance to reset Rupture, VT has the same and should completely replace VS in execute range. Seventh, you completely missed the biggest part of the rotation: using Charge+DS to make that bleed resource neutral. Eighth, you completely ignored Ravage and how it should be used. Ninth, you completely ignored Berserk and how it should be used. Tenth, you make no mention of an opener. In summation, while a few of your points are correct the rest is wrong and even the correct portions are explained in correctly. Op, ignore him.

Your bleeds will always, barring nothing else be your number 1 priority. They are the majority of your damage. A good trick for large groups of weak mobs is Force charge>Battering Assault>Deadly Saber>Sweeping slash x3. This puts dots on the maximum number of targets meaning the most heals and your also bringing the group down pretty quickly. Once you get Annihilate, check out oofalongs guide as it is phenomal. Best of luck mate.

A good trick for large groups of weak mobs is Force charge>Battering Assault>Deadly Saber>Sweeping slash x3. This puts dots on the maximum number of targets meaning the most heals and your also bringing the group down pretty quickly. Once you get Annihilate, check out oofalongs guide as it is phenomal. Best of luck mate.

Unless I misunderstood your meaning, you are a bit wrong about that. Sweeping slash will still only apply one bleed to one mob due to 1,5 sec rate limit on Deadly saber charges.

While its situationnaly true sometimes (tight group of a few normal mobs), you would still go off annihilation playstyle and smash for the stun.

in one such pull today on my sent, I checked this as I had my doubt, and only one mob received my stacks of Overload saber (the mirror from DS). Pretty much when this happen, I prefer to force charge, ignore deadly saber, smash and then sweep slash them to death. If you are using this trick, chance are many target will receive one stack of DS which isn't very lethal, so might as well use the rage on an additionnal sweeping slash.

pre-annihilate, you are better off jumping in, applying rupture to one normal mob (self heals, and should nearly kill him), then battering assault -vicious slashing to death another. if two are close together, using smash for the stun works great too, or sending a scream to a farther ranged mob again to stun, and does decent damage. Pre annihilate, annihilation is typically swimming in rage for me, so its usable without harming "further" dps due to cost since fight should be done by then.

Thats solely for solo PvE on thrash packs tough.

Unless I misunderstood your meaning, you are a bit wrong about that. Sweeping slash will still only apply one bleed to one mob due to 1,5 sec rate limit on Deadly saber charges.

While its situationnaly true sometimes (tight group of a few normal mobs), you would still go off annihilation playstyle and smash for the stun.

in one such pull today on my sent, I checked this as I had my doubt, and only one mob received my stacks of Overload saber (the mirror from DS). Pretty much when this happen, I prefer to force charge, ignore deadly saber, smash and then sweep slash them to death. If you are using this trick, chance are many target will receive one stack of DS which isn't very lethal, so might as well use the rage on an additionnal sweeping slash.

pre-annihilate, you are better off jumping in, applying rupture to one normal mob (self heals, and should nearly kill him), then battering assault -vicious slashing to death another. if two are close together, using smash for the stun works great too, or sending a scream to a farther ranged mob again to stun, and does decent damage. Pre annihilate, annihilation is typically swimming in rage for me, so its usable without harming "further" dps due to cost since fight should be done by then.

Thats solely for solo PvE on thrash packs tough.

Well, never said I was a pro at Annihilator and I wasn't making an all encompassing guide to the specific build, it was just a brief explanation because I am assuming that the OP has a brain and can put the parts that aren't included into his own understanding of the build. I clearly am not a pro since I didn't even know I could AOE my bleeds, clearly this guy knows his stuff!!!