The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

Re-read what I said. I said don't insult other people's choices. You did not insult other people, you insulted their choice (IE Kit Fisto).

Also, your argument is flawed, that's not insulting you, that's pointing out a fact.

So calling me out on my flawed argument is fact, and calling you out is insulting your idea?

Look, I'm done trying to be cordial with you. If I didn't insult anybody then get over it. You insulted my choice did you not? You are not a forum moderator and I did not break any rules of conduct so don't tell me how to present my arguments. If you think my points are any less valid because because of they way they are presented, that is your problem, not mine. If you choose to ignore peoples arguments because they don't agree with you or you don't agree with how said person presents their point, fine, there's goes any credibility to your list. But don't sit there and tell me my argument is flawed when your only argument is an assumption. Your argument goes beyond flawed, you don't have one. Not saying there isn't one, but you sure haven't presented it.

Maybe next time I will just change the color of the font I use so I can be considered part of your elite little crew of Star Wars experts to make my flaws more credible.

I'm done. No need to respond back if you don't want to, but I will let you have the last word if you so choose.

Edited by Lugosi

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it means or what I should try to say is to even the odds when Fighting him she needed a second blade to counter him, had he used a second blade he would have schooled her in pure saber combat that was the point. She needed the second blade to defend herself against his attack style he was a master of the 3 forms that Luke invented which as we all know are really just hybridizations of current forms bread for all kinds of combat.

That's beside the point, adaptability is it's own form of Lightsaber combat, being able to switch styles and techniques to best counter your opponent are crucial in Saber Combat, and Saba showed she was able.

Well I'm not done being cordial with you! :D

I'm going to break your post down to make my reply more coherent.

So calling me out on my flawed argument is fact, and calling you out is insulting your idea?

I did not say you were insulting me. I did say that you insulted the choice of Kit Fisto, a character not nominated by me for any spot in particular.

Also, reasons for your argument being flawed have already been posted.

Look, I'm done trying to be cordial with you. If I didn't insult anybody then get over it. You insulted my choice did you not?

No actually, I did not. I said your argument for Depa was flawed, not that the choice itself was flawed.

You are not a forum moderator and I did not break any rules of conduct so don't tell me how to present my arguments. If you think my points are any less valid because because of they way they are presented, that is your problem, not mine.

You're right. I'm not a moderator. However, people respond better to posts that appear more 'lucid.' Your second post kicked this off, after I pointed out that your argument was flawed.

If you choose to ignore peoples arguments because they don't agree with you or you don't agree with how said person presents their point, fine, there's goes any credibility to your list.

Not my list, actually. Talk to Beni, it's his list, and he has already pointed out the flaws in your argument.

But don't sit there and tell me my argument is flawed when your only argument is an assumption. Your argument goes beyond flawed, you don't have one. Not saying there isn't one, but you sure haven't presented it.

My friend, if I pointed out everything to people, the journey of self-discovery is lost. Or maybe I expect too much.

Maybe next time I will just change the color of the font I use so I can be considered part of your elite little crew of Star Wars experts to make my flaws more credible.

Colored text doesn't make one's argument more credible. The likes of Rhyltran and ProfessorWalsh did not use colored text.

I'm done.

Alrighty then.

Colored text doesn't make one's argument more credible. The likes of Rhyltran and ProfessorWalsh did not use colored text.

I wonder how long it is before people look back, and think of the Historian who once was. The Arbiter of the greatest Vs series this forum has ever seen (Slightly beating the Battlezone :p).... The Crazy purple lady who just made jokes and never actually brought decent points to the table. The Droid Lover. The Crazy guy who just happened not to be a professional Naval Tactician....

It's a sad thought :(

Edited by Selenial

Concerning Depa Billaba, their is no reason to get heated here. Though I will point out a few things:

1. In her prime Depa was a Fallen Jedi, and therefore does not qualify for this list.

2. In her duel against Windu, Depa was fueled by the fear of a city being attacked by vulture droids, once this threat was removed Billaba lost the advantage and attempted to commit suicide because she knew she could not win.

3. Windu claiming that Billaba was a superior duelist to him directly contradicts superior canon.

1. Good point, but,

"The only student Mace Windu ever taught Vaapad to was his own Padawan, Depa Billaba. Under Windu's instruction, Billaba became a master of Vaapad, with Windu considering her virtually unbeatable in personal combat. While on a mission with her master to Nar Shaddaa, Billaba and Windu were forced into a deadly confrontation with mutated giant akks. They barely survived the encounter, and Windu would later comment that on that day, Billaba had shown blade work that surpassed his own."

This was before her fall.

2. Mace Windu nearly lost that fight. Not because he couldn't take her out, but because he didn't want to and could barely defend against her offensive advance. And the drive behind ones skills make their skills no less spectacular.

3. I can't counter that because I am not aware of the contradiction. So I will concede that point I suppose.

UncleOst? o.0

nope, the color comment was over the top, I apologize.

Edited by Lugosi

I wonder how long it is before people look back, and think of the Historian who once was. The Arbiter of the greatest Vs series this forum has ever seen (Slightly beating the Battlezone :p).... The Crazy purple lady who just made jokes and never actually brought decent points to the table. The Droid Lover. The Crazy guy who just happened not to be a professional Naval Tactician....

It's a sad thought :(

It is a sad thought. Some good memories, though.

You and Beni have been going strong, doubt you two will be gone for a while... But we all know I've been prone to taking rather long breaks ;p

I can't say for Beni, but I've been performing an experiment of sorts. Hence posts like this:

Think about it...

Do what the quote says if you are confused.

Edited by Aurbere

I can't say for Beni, but I've been performing an experiment of sorts. Hence posts like this:

Do what the quote says if you are confused.

I've noticed... It annoys me when I can't figure out what you mean :p

Hopefully this isn't you evaporating into the Living force like good 'ol Yoda :(

1. Good point, but,

"The only student Mace Windu ever taught Vaapad to was his own Padawan, Depa Billaba. Under Windu's instruction, Billaba became a master of Vaapad, with Windu considering her virtually unbeatable in personal combat. While on a mission with her master to Nar Shaddaa, Billaba and Windu were forced into a deadly confrontation with mutated giant akks. They barely survived the encounter, and Windu would later comment that on that day, Billaba had shown blade work that surpassed his own."

This was before her fall.

2. Mace Windu nearly lost that fight. Not because he couldn't take her out, but because he didn't want to and could barely defend against her offensive advance. And the drive behind ones skills make their skills no less spectacular.

3. I can't counter that because I am not aware of the contradiction. So I will concede that point I suppose.

nope, the color comment was over the top, I apologize.

The thing is though that this series of threads deals strictly with 'height of power' individuals. At the height of her power Depa was a no longer a Jedi, and therefore does not qualify for this list. The same applies to Sora Bulq. It may seem a little unfair, but in reality I don't see dark siders having the right to be placed on a pure Jedi list, regardless of their past.

You and Beni have been going strong, doubt you two will be gone for a while... But we all know I've been prone to taking rather long breaks ;p
I'm sticking around till the end sister!

Only tales you gonna be hearing about me is my autobiography!

Edited by Beniboybling

The thing is though that this series of threads deals strictly with 'height of power' individuals. At the height of her power Depa was a no longer a Jedi, and therefore does not qualify for this list. The same applies to Sora Bulq. It may seem a little unfair, but in reality I don't see dark siders having the right to be placed on a pure Jedi list, regardless of their past.

Ok , that makes sense.

Just out of curiosity though, your point #3, what is the contradiction in the canon? I really am curious.

Edited by Lugosi

Ok , that makes sense.

Just out of curiosity though, your point #3, what is the contradiction the canon? I really am curious.

Mace Windu as well as being regarded as one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in Jedi history as well as the sole master of the Vaapad form, has been touted through several sources as being second only to Yoda.

One of these sources is Nick Gillard himself:

"We've not seen Mace fight yet, and we know that he's second only to Yoda."

--Featurette from Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

--Taken from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

I'm sure their are more, these are just those that compare him with Yoda. And of course Windu's feats speak for themselves, feats I doubt Depa could even begin to replicate. And as a character statement, Windu's comment about his pupil does not bear canonical weight, so is completely overridden by the above.

Mace Windu as well as being regarded as one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in Jedi history as well as the sole master of the Vaapad form, has been touted through several sources as being second only to Yoda.

One of these sources is Nick Gillard himself:

"We've not seen Mace fight yet, and we know that he's second only to Yoda."

--Featurette from Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

--Taken from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

I'm sure their are more, these are just those that compare him with Yoda. And of course Windu's feats speak for themselves, feats I doubt Depa could even begin to replicate. And as a character statement, Windu's comment about his pupil does not bear canonical weight, so is completely overridden by the above.

ok, thanks for taking the time to post that.

So we still on 7 with Shaak Ti right?

Though tbh, my knowledge is gonna slim down to who would be a good duelist as I am not well versed in Jedi duelists apart from a few.

Yeah, I'm still going with Shaak Ti for #7. Her skill with the blade is incredible.