The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

Hold it! Some new evidence has come to light.

On Windu's page, Wookiepeedia sources the following from Power of the Jedi:

It is said that only his onetime friend, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, and the venerable Grand Master Yoda could outspar him.

If anyone could verify this that would be great (looking at you on mighty Historian :p) Regardless Wolf's initial comments bear weight, Windu likely grew in strength since those days.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is said that only his onetime friend, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, and the venerable Grand Master Yoda could outspar him.

If anyone could verify this that would be great (looking at you on mighty Historian :p) Regardless Wolf's initial comments bear weight, Windu likely grew in strength since those days.

Still skeptical though because that could have been added in there, with the other thing on Qui-Gon's page would too could be a lie. So yes...verification is needed.

If it's true, then ya my original post still stands..

Still skeptical though because that could have been added in there, with the other thing on Qui-Gon's page would too could be a lie. So yes...verification is needed.

If it's true, then ya my original post still stands..

Indeed, I think Sora Bulq is in all likelihood the better duelist. How he fares against the juggernauts of the NJO is another matter... I'd say he's in pretty good stead.

Indeed, I think Sora Bulq is in all likelihood the better duelist. How he fares against the juggernauts of the NJO is another matter... I'd say he's in pretty good stead.

Well, if we can assume that they both can fight with Windu as an equal, we must then analyze their lightsaber mastery. In this regard, Sora Bulq is the superior swordsman.

Unfortunately I don't have Power of the Jedi on hand right now, but I do recall one quote about Windu's equals. I do not recall Qui-Gon being mentioned in that particular quote.

Unfortunately I don't have Power of the Jedi on hand right now, but I do recall one quote about Windu's equals. I do not recall Qui-Gon being mentioned in that particular quote.

Orly? Hmm...actually looking at that bit, it does seem rather odd that Qui-Gon is in there.

It is said that only his onetime friend, Dooku, and the venerable Grand Master Yoda could outspar him.

Hmm..

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Weapon Master Raskta Lsu should not be overlooked, she mastered every lightsaber form and could seamlessly switch between styles mid-combat, ala Darth Sidious, she mastered Jar'Kai to perfection and could adapt her own technique to match any form of weaponry that her opponents brought to bear even Bane's curved weapon and Zannah's unique version of a double bladed lightsaber.

She was so skilled in battle that she could even fill in for any weaknesses that her allies were displaying mid fight, making her possibly the best duellist we have ever seen as far as teamwork goes.

She was also a powerful adept with the double bladed lightsaber easily teaching her apprentice in it's practice.

She was actually putting Bane on the defensively heavily, focusing him down, then Zannah used a highly proficient spell of concealment to stab her in the back, this is very impressive to say the least, Bane was a master duellist and to put him on the defensive so effectively was something no one else had been able to do(Kas'im could but he faced a far weaker Bane than Lsu did).

Weapon Master Raskta Lsu should not be overlooked, she mastered every lightsaber form and could seamlessly switch between styles mid-combat, ala Darth Sidious, she mastered Jar'Kai to perfection and could adapt her own technique to match any form of weaponry that her opponents brought to bear even Bane's curved weapon and Zannah's unique version of a double bladed lightsaber.

She was so skilled in battle that she could even fill in for any weaknesses that her allies were displaying mid fight, making her possibly the best duellist we have ever seen as far as teamwork goes.

She was also a powerful adept with the double bladed lightsaber easily teaching her apprentice in it's practice.

She was actually putting Bane on the defensively heavily, focusing him down, then Zannah used a highly proficient spell of concealment to stab her in the back, this is very impressive to say the least, Bane was a master duellist and to put him on the defensive so effectively was something no one else had been able to do(Kas'im could but he faced a far weaker Bane than Lsu did).

Agree with you 100% and mentioned her on page 1. She was also defending the other combatants in the duel from Bane (as they couldn't by themselves), defending herself, and putting Bane on the defense.

Don't know how much weight it will have or how much it will apply but it was said she was possibly the greatest Jedi duelist in history (at that time).

Lets remember that she was bolstered by Battle Meditation, and I'm not sure covering one's allies weaknesses is anything knew. I'm fairly sure Anakin and Kenobi performed such a tactic many a time.

Lets remember that she was bolstered by Battle Meditation, and I'm not sure covering one's allies weaknesses is anything knew. I'm fairly sure Anakin and Kenobi performed such a tactic many a time.

Defending her allies, herself and nearly beating a master duellist all at the same time is what i call masterful teamwork, she basically directed the battle as if it was a mind meld, but it wasnt she was just really good at adapting to fights.

Also, she still performed just as well when the Jedi Master died so that is hardly an indication that she would be far less proficient without it.

Defending her allies, herself and nearly beating a master duellist all at the same time is what i call masterful teamwork, she basically directed the battle as if it was a mind meld, but it wasnt she was just really good at adapting to fights.

Also, she still performed just as well when the Jedi Master died so that is hardly an indication that she would be far less proficient without it.

The battle mediation master dies 2nd to last among those Jedi (the noob dies last) but Lsu was performing just as well when that master had his concentration broken from an attempt by Bane to end him. Lsu is definitely deserving of a spot to say the least.

Me thinks we should just chalk it up to just being a lie, something that was put on the wiki to make Qui-Gon better. Not that he wasn't good before but...it just doesn't seem to add.

I may be wrong, but there may have been something about this in The Phantom Menace novelisation.

Unfortunately the machine that I have the book on is being repaired so I can't get the exact quote (It was about Qui Gon being able to spar with Mace as an equal) I'm sure it was around the part when they are fighting Maul on Naboo where it talks about Qui Gon being one of the best Duellists in the order. (lol - or it may have been Tatooine - but I am pretty sure it is Naboo)

If this is still going on when I get my machine back - I will give the exact quote if it exists or confirm if it doesn't exist in that book.

I may be wrong, but there may have been something about this in The Phantom Menace novelisation.

Unfortunately the machine that I have the book on is being repaired so I can't get the exact quote (It was about Qui Gon being able to spar with Mace as an equal) I'm sure it was around the part when they are fighting Maul on Naboo where it talks about Qui Gon being one of the best Duellists in the order. (lol - or it may have been Tatooine - but I am pretty sure it is Naboo)

If this is still going on when I get my machine back - I will give the exact quote if it exists or confirm if it doesn't exist in that book.

Well the guy on the Talk bit of Qui-Gon said he already looked through the novel and couldn't find anything. But i'll be waiting for confirmation.

Ok then, we shall just have to disregard it.

lol - no that wasn't confirmation - I was just commenting on the possibility that it might not be there (it might be)

edit... sorry maybe it was me that misunderstood - I think you may have been saying that we will disregard it when the time comes and I can't find the quote then.... :)

Edited by fellblade

lol - no that wasn't confirmation - I was just commenting on the possibility that it might not be there (it might be)

edit... sorry maybe it was me that misunderstood - I think you may have been saying that we will disregard it when the time comes and I can't find the quote then.... :)

Well if you can find the quote then by all means go look when ya get the chance, best to clear all this up now rather then it be vague.

OK, the Jinn quote is sketchy to say the least so the way I see it #6 is between Sora Bulq and Raskta Lsu.

But what about Cin Drallig?

He hasn't done **** other then get killed...literally! Every other appearance is just hologram, or a mention except for in TCW where he had a small appearance and didn't do anything combat wise.

Sure he was trained by Yoda and became the Battlemaster of the entire Jedi Order and then also trained Obi-Wan/Anakin...but, he has nothing to showcase his skill which is very underwhelming.

He is one of my fav Jedi, but I ain't gonna try and sugar coat him or make him out to be someone that he isn't like a lot of fans do sometimes.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I would back Lsu, they both mastered all forms, but whilst Bulq was exceptional with Vaapad, just like Windu said, it mastered him not the other way around, Lsu however had mastered Jar'kai to perfection and had high skill with every weapon and could even adapt her technique to match any unique weapons she came across, and most impressively she could seamlessly switch between forms mid-combat with no trouble at all, an ambidextrous feat of sorts, just like Sidious' ability to do the same.