The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

by the logic of not forgetting the NJO era's we still need to figure out where Corran Horn and Saba fall into this whole thing. Also don't know Fisto would have been my pick for next Prequal era swordsmen but I don't know that the prequel era was good enough to have 5 people better then the top 3 of NJO Seems a bit off to me.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone... SAY YES SO WE CAN GET TO THE KAGGATH.

no. :p

In all seriousness, I don't think Fisto should be in the top 10. Top 15 maybe, but the fact he uses the weakest form deducts a lot from my opinion of him. In a 1v1 duel he has severe disadvantages, and when it comes to skill with a saber that is a critical part of it.

I'm still in favor of Saba for 9th or 10th, she beat Hamner, Welk, and Horn all considered extremely powerful or skilled with a saber. Hamner was even called "master swordsman" on top of the praise she received from Luke. She was very proficient in the use of Jar'Kai and seeing as how her species has greater physical strength and agility this is an extreme advantage.

In all seriousness, I don't think Fisto should be in the top 10. Top 15 maybe, but the fact he uses the weakest form deducts a lot from my opinion of him. In a 1v1 duel he has severe disadvantages, and when it comes to skill with a saber that is a critical part of it.

He mastered Shii-Cho to its highest levels. I do not think anyone has done that before.

Beni said it best. Kit Fisto is the Exar Kun of Shii-Cho.

I'm still in favor of Saba for 9th or 10th, she beat Hamner, Welk, and Horn all considered extremely powerful or skilled with a saber. Hamner was even called "master swordsman" on top of the praise she received from Luke. She was very proficient in the use of Jar'Kai and seeing as how her species has greater physical strength and agility this is an extreme advantage.

But its the very fact that he's taken the weakest form and made it deadly that makes it so impressive. We mustn't forget that Fisto hasn't just mastered a form, he's taken it to nigh explored levels.

Though I admit it does have weaknesses he failed to overcome.

But its the very fact that he's taken the weakest form and made it deadly that makes it so impressive. We mustn't forget that Fisto hasn't just mastered a form, he's taken it to nigh explored levels.

Though I admit it does have weaknesses he failed to overcome.

He Confronted Grevious with this so Called Pathetic Form.... He's done well with what he's got, that much is clear :jawa_wink:

He Confronted Grevious with this so Called Pathetic Form.... He's done well with what he's got, that much is clear :jawa_wink:

Yet that is because Form 1 is designed with taking on multiple opponents, Grevious with 4 lightsabers of course Fisto would be able to defeat him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet that is because Form 1 is designed with taking on multiple opponents, Grevious with 4 lightsabers of course Fisto would be able to defeat him.

Grevious has killed Countless Jedi with just his 2 sabers, he's not a one trick pony.

However If I remember correctly, Fisto utilized Jarkai in that duel, so you should probably retract my comment.

Grievous fought Fisto with three lightsabers.

Yes, though if you watch closely Grevious always kept one blade back for Defense, so it was more along the lines of a Duel against a Dual wielder, the point is however.... Fisto was good enough with Jar'kai to take Grevious down.

Hm...down to the last 2 already? Interesting...I guess you could put Fisto for 9. I can't really think of any other Jedi...

Hmm...

Say Beni, seeing as Anakin 'died' metaphorically speaking after becoming Vader can he be included in the list too? :D:p

Jking, though my thoughts in thinking of any notable Jedi duelists is lacking.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Vodo-Siosk Baas would be a good no.10 not only was he (likely) a full fledged Weapon Master AND Battle Master but he trained likely the best duellist in the entire Old Republic era right up till the last decades of the Galactic Republic in Exar Kun and he also trained Nomi Sunrider to boot. Edited by LadyKulvax

Vodo-Siosk Baas would be a good no.10 not only was he (likely) a full fledged Weapon Master AND Battle Master but he trained likely the best duellist in the entire Old Republic era right up till the last decades of the Galactic Republic in Exar Kun and he also trained Nomi Sunrider to boot.

Meh, I think Vodo-Siosk Baas' skill is a bit unknown. I feel that it would be mostly speculation.

My opinion, of course.

Meh, I think Vodo-Siosk Baas' skill is a bit unknown. I feel that it would be mostly speculation.

My opinion, of course.

I simply think this list is incredibly Golden Age-centric and whilst I am not suggesting we ignore other Golden Age Jedi I do think we should at least try to make this list more varied and not use lack of info to put one over the other if there is sufficient info to build a case for a character then that case should still be made if feasible.

I simply think this list is incredibly Golden Age-centric and whilst I am not suggesting we ignore other Golden Age Jedi I do think we should at least try to make this list more varied and not use lack of info to put one over the other if there is sufficient info to build a case for a character then that case should still be made if feasible.

Understood, but I feel that there may be a bit ('more than normal') of speculation involved with Baas. I won't deny Baas' skill, of course.

I guess all I'm saying is that I'm not sure on Baas.

Saba, Saba, Saba, Saba...

The problem I see is the PT and OR Jedi have faced more opponents with their sabers than NJO. I just feel this shouldn't detract from the accomplishments and skill of NJO jedi. Just because Luke was leaps and bounds better than his next best jedi, doesn't mean his order was full of slouches. Saba or Corran really should be on this list imo. I really don't know exactly or care which or where on the list but one should be on it. Both where elite duelists in Luke's order. And if Luke admires their abilities (and he's our #1) that as well as the few saber feats they do have (which are impressive in their own rights) should qualify them to be on this list.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Saba, Saba, Saba, Saba...

The problem I see is the PT and OR Jedi have faced more opponents with their sabers than NJO. I just feel this shouldn't detract from the accomplishments and skill of NJO jedi. Just because Luke was leaps and bounds better than his next best jedi, doesn't mean his order was full of slouches. Saba or Corran really should be on this list imo. I really don't know exactly or care which or where on the list but one should be on it. Both where elite duelists in Luke's order. And if Luke admires their abilities (and he's our #1) that as well as the few saber feats they do have (which are impressive in their own rights) should qualify them to be on this list.

Exactly but as I have said I think Corran Horn should be above Saba she never actually beat him she dueled evenly with him and she was more powerful in the force and had to use jar'kai in other words Corran Horn both were fighting a handicap match Saba was not allowed to use force powers and because of this Corran gave her an extra saber to help her out and decided not to use a second one himself even though he was skilled in Jar'kai as well and they fought evenly. Saba is right after him but she relies more heavily on her force powers then Corran.

Well Corran Horn seems to be simply a superior duelist to Saba. However simply being a master swordsman does not guarantee a place on the list. Agen Kolar, Cin Drallig Saesee Tinn etc. have all be touted as master swordsman. However most would agree they are inferior to Fisto. Being a master lightsaber duelist is not enough, you have to go somewhere with that mastery as well. I'm not sure Corran Horn has done that.

Well Corran Horn seems to be simply a superior duelist to Saba. However simply being a master swordsman does not guarantee a place on the list. Agen Kolar, Cin Drallig Saesee Tinn etc. have all be touted as master swordsman. However most would agree they are inferior to Fisto. Being a master lightsaber duelist is not enough, you have to go somewhere with that mastery as well. I'm not sure Corran Horn has done that.

Well Corran supposedly mastered his own form of lightsaber combat in addition to all the ones Luke taught meaning he wasnt technically using the 7 forms any more and that was why he was so dangerous. Again its kind of absurd to think that 5 of the golden era people were better then the number 3 of the NJO trained by Luke as far as saber skill goes.

Well Corran supposedly mastered his own form of lightsaber combat in addition to all the ones Luke taught meaning he wasnt technically using the 7 forms any more and that was why he was so dangerous. Again its kind of absurd to think that 5 of the golden era people were better then the number 3 of the NJO trained by Luke as far as saber skill goes.
But is Horn really #3 in the NJO - I would think that title would go to Kyle Katarn.

But is Horn really #3 in the NJO - I would think that title would go to Kyle Katarn.

and you would think wrong number 3 is Corran then saba then Kyp then Kyle for saber duelists.

Edit: though kyle and kyp could be argued do to kyp's force power advantage.

Edited by tunewalker

and you would think wrong number 3 is Corran then saba then Kyp then Kyle for saber duelists.

Edit: though kyle and kyp could be argued do to kyp's force power advantage.

If this fact or just speculation, because Kyle Katarn was a Battlemaster, neither Corran nor Saba nor Kyp achieved such a title.

If this fact or just speculation, because Kyle Katarn was a Battlemaster, neither Corran nor Saba nor Kyp achieved such a title.

yes and so was cin drallig yet look how many people are above him from the golden era. Kyle has been bested in pure saber combat by all of them last i checked and Corran and Saba were a couple of the primary instructors for saber combat and Corran has been there just as long as Kyle and taught just as much as Kyle did in that area. Its fact.

yes and so was cin drallig yet look how many people are above him from the golden era. Kyle has been bested in pure saber combat by all of them last i checked and Corran and Saba were a couple of the primary instructors for saber combat and Corran has been there just as long as Kyle and taught just as much as Kyle did in that area. Its fact.
But the difference here is that the Jedi of the NJO era were very hands on. Kyle Katarn didn't gain his title my studying holocrons and perusing the Jedi Library, he by testing and improving his skills against other opponents i.e. through experience. The same can be said of all the Jedi.

But if Kyle Katarn has in fact been bested by Corran Horn in pure lightsaber combat, then I'll concede that point.