INCREASE Quest Log Capacity

NeoWolf

I mean I don't know about anyone else but I find the TWENTY FIVE quest limit in the quest log to be ridiculously inadequate.

Even before endgame when you add story quests, wollrd quests, heroics, dailies, ops, flashpoints, companion quests, space quests etc..etc.. you are CONTINUALLY having to drop quests to make room for new ones which leads to endless running around to pick them up again.

Please increase the Quest log capacity to something like 40, or gradual increase every 10 character level, or even add a quest log cap increase to the cartel store... SOMETHING!.

Edited by NeoWolf

I second also!!

There are some missions in the game that can remain in a mission log for quite some time, such as those vehicle ones that require the completion of multiple components. Even if the cap could be raised by 10, I'm sure that would be sufficient.

unfortunately, they've commented on this before and said that it was necessary to limit the number of quests because it puts lag on the server.

i don't really buy and would actually really love to have less quests / more rewards for dailies/weeklies and such, but i don't think they're going to change any time soon.

unfortunately, they've commented on this before and said that it was necessary to limit the number of quests because it puts lag on the server.

i don't really buy and would actually really love to have less quests / more rewards for dailies/weeklies and such, but i don't think they're going to change any time soon.

How does just having more quests listed in your quest log put any significant extra more lag on the server?. Strange.:rolleyes:

Everquest ][ had a 25 quest limit when it came out and after listening to the player base it was increased to fifty and didn't affect the lag at all. But then it was a different game engine that might not have the apparent issue's that this game engine seem's to always have.

I mean I don't know about anyone else but I find the TWENTY FIVE quest limit in the quest log to be ridiculously inadequate.

Even before endgame when you add story quests, wollrd quests, heroics, dailies, ops, flashpoints, companion quests, space quests etc..etc.. you are CONTINUALLY having to drop quests to make room for new ones which leads to endless running around to pick them up again.

Please increase the Quest log capacity to something like 40, or gradual increase every 10 character level, or even add a quest log cap increase to the cartel store... SOMETHING!.

Please, oh please, yes.

How does just having more quests listed in your quest log put any significant extra more lag on the server?. Strange.:rolleyes:

The server tracks the progress of the quests, so every quest of every player currently logged into the server is constantly sharing data back and forth regarding quest status, even if you aren't working on that quest at that time.

This is a pretty universal MMO issue, which is why most all MMOs have a quest log cap. Many are 25-50.

This question has been asked and answered many times. The reason they haven't just increased the number of missions in the tracker is because the game has to track your location relative to every objective of every mission (in order to update map hints, etc...).

Every additional mission adds load to the game servers, and the more players on a planet instance the worse it will be.

I suggested at one of the Cantina Tours that they allow us to hold more missions on the list, but only actually track a few at a time. Or perhaps to have a holding area for long term missions like the world boss and vehicle missions, that don't really need to be tracked on an ongoing basis.

Hopefully some kind of compromise can be made.

Edited by Vemtaz

I think the problem here is not the log amounts...

Its the access to Ops..

Because you go from 50-55 fairly fast, this causes you to lose the ability to queue for the 50 OPs.. which stack to around 4-5 missions in your window, and thats without the weeklies. Plus the 3 Aratech vehicle, which are also mainly Ops except the pink one :)

Thats nearly 10 missions that are hard to access.. i think with my op intro missions, weeklies and vehicles - i had 11 missions just stacked doing not much at all.. thats nearly half of the lists limit !!

What i found, is that if u dont q (GF) dailiy from when u get to 50, (if u are brave enough with gear you have then lol), then the 1st 3 Ops can easily slip by.. and unless you are in a active guild who can regularly gather enough players who enjoy this content.. then it just seems to linger around in mission logs for months..

I did q a few times with my recent alt (tank) .. without any success.. this means that the Ops are rare for me and its taken some time to get them done. Which is disappointing.

Bioware have wrecked the early Op system by bringin in the double xp and constant rested xp bonus'... i was on belsavis when i got to 50, so didint want to hang about.. the few remaining class mission put me at 53 within 2 days.. along with the odd fp you join with guildies.. then you hit 55 before you know it.. of course that was the ultimate aim when you started lol.. but to lose the ability to just join a random for Ops when our guild was a little quiet annoyed me.. and i felt i'd lost out..

Even if some GF random groups were terrible in Ops or we had 3 quitters after 5 mins, those 1st looks into Ops with my 1st alt many months ago was amazing and will not be forgotten.. now of course, i got thro those lower Ops, (usually with 7 other 55's !! ) and its too easy.. this again spoils the content and the only joy is finally removing those missions that have lingered in the log for 2 months :)

And for those who say go stand on fleet for invites.. :p - i tried many times.. it is pot luck as dps if u spot chat quick enough to relpy.. and then to get 8 or 16 who will stick it thro.. so annoying when the groups night is spoilt by impatient kids who cant handle situations and rage quit.. it juts makes completing some of these Ops a lot more work than it should be, therefore,... hanging around in logs for too long :)

Edited by DarkTekno

• 4 weeks later...

this x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Ive just started geting into the full on pve side of things and the 25 limit is a frikken joke. I need space for about 50 i reckon for all the quests I pickup then do. Or have running like weeklies and the mount quest etc.

if the engine is so poor that it can't dynamically set your tracking based on planet location then something is extremely wrong. Why would it need to "track" missions on hoth when i'm on tatooine?. If we unselect the tracking in the quest log then there should be no issue!