The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 13: Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Zannah

Aurbere

This debate is practically over but I thought I'd draw our attention to Jensaarai's newest video - a collaborative effort with another YouTuber, hence why its on his channel.

I don't have time to watch it now, but I'm certainly interested to know how he managed to created a 50 minute video on the little information we have on these characters. Shaak Ti also made it too the next round am I correct?

Anyway, yah, 53 minutes of FUN! :D

Watched that earlier today, it is awesome! I love Ti, so... I'm quite happy :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shot first, so yeah.

Yes, on to the next. I'm going to post an update in the home thread tomorrow.

Whoa Whoa whoa whoa easy there easy. I don't care how bad this matchmaking is (which is not, I don't know what you people are talking about) no debate is leaving with less than 5 pages on my watch. So, does anyone here want to debate?

Wait, a minute......if Zannah wins I'l' be starting my own winning streak.....until the next Traya match which I'll go against her and get stomped by Beni and Sel.....what can you do?.......

Ok screw it Aurb you're right, let's finish this:D

Qel-Droma would win the fight hands down. This is like Superman VS Batman, strength VS smarts. If Batman can keep Supes off balance long enough he can find a strategy capable of defeating him, but one good shot from supes and its fight over.

given the odds and that Qel-Droma was no moron, the chances are that he would get in that one hit before Zannah could figure out how to take him down.

Qel-Droma would win the fight hands down. This is like Superman VS Batman, strength VS smarts. If Batman can keep Supes off balance long enough he can find a strategy capable of defeating him, but one good shot from supes and its fight over.

given the odds and that Qel-Droma was no moron, the chances are that he would get in that one hit before Zannah could figure out how to take him down.

Yet in this case, Superman has a nigh impenetrable shield to protect him from attacks and Batman has nothing but his batarang and his fists Superman wins.

Fixed and also honestly, Bats can't beat Superman...the only times he has done so is in non-canon storylines.

Bull hockey.

There is no "Non Canon" defined in those comics or films, and Bats beat Superman in the Dark Knight Returns... Besides, he had a plan to beat super ham that Randal Savage managed to use easily enough, so there's no reason Batman couldn't do the Exact same thing.

Bull hockey.

There is no "Non Canon" defined in those comics or films, and Bats beat Superman in the Dark Knight Returns... Besides, he had a plan to beat super ham that Randal Savage managed to use easily enough, so there's no reason Batman couldn't do the Exact same thing.

The DKR movie is from a non-canon storyline, so yes...the story is non-canon and even then Bats had help from Green Arrow, and even then Bats had his suit destroyed and faked a heart attack. Superman was also holding back in the fight, not wanting to hurt Bats.

As for Babel...ok red synthetic kryptonite. So what is gonna stop Superman from blitzing Bats before he even used it? You know also, Superman could also perform surgery on himself to remove said kryptonite anyway so it's not fullproof. Even then the plan is moronic, that is just giving Superman more power..

Superman has beaten Batman in canon however, even with Bats having kryptonite.

Supermans greatest weakness isn't Kryptonite, it's his good nature.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As for Babel...ok red synthetic kryptonite. So what is gonna stop Superman from blitzing Bats before he even used it? You know also, Superman could also perform surgery on himself to remove said kryptonite anyway so it's not fullproof. Even then the plan is moronic, that is just giving Superman more power..

We should stop this, it's just going to lead on forever... But Kryptonite Bullet was Bats method, doesn't kill Superman unless left in, and Bats could remove it. However it completely parylises him until removed, or death, so yeh.....

We should stop this, it's just going to lead on forever... But Kryptonite Bullet was Bats method, doesn't kill Superman unless left in, and Bats could remove it. However it completely parylises him until removed, or death, so yeh.....

Yet again...Superman could perform surgery on himself to get rid of it. Besides that is Animated Superman who is far weaker(even then it varies) compared to Comic Superman. But quite lets stop this.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How so? Bane overwhelmed her. Besides Ulic's form is Djem So....sure Zannah maybe able to hold off Ulic, but I don't see it being forever.
Not exactly. Zannah was phased here and there but once she got into her flow her defense was "nearly impenetrable" and Bane changed tactics in response. She is also skilled in battle precog, making her capable of anticipating her attacks. I wouldn't say Ulic is a much more skilled duelist than Bane.

We should also remember that in her prime, Zannah can call on Sith sorcery to assault Ulic's mind instantly. So a lengthy engagement with him is unnecessary, however the longer Zannah has to prepare, the greater the attack will be.

And finally, given that this is Ulic Qel Droma in his prime i.e. as a Sith Lord, he will no longer be able to call on the lightside of the Force to repel Zannah's attacks. Combined with a lack of experience and his mind will be torn to shreds.

But we all know that already.

Not exactly. Zannah was phased here and there but once she got into her flow her defense was "nearly impenetrable" and Bane changed tactics in response. She is also skilled in battle precog, making her capable of anticipating her attacks. I wouldn't say Ulic is a much more skilled duelist than Bane.

We should also remember that in her prime, Zannah can call on Sith sorcery to assault Ulic's mind instantly. So a lengthy engagement with him is unnecessary, however the longer Zannah has to prepare, the greater the attack will be.

And finally, given that this is Ulic Qel Droma in his prime i.e. as a Sith Lord, he will no longer be able to call on the lightside of the Force to repel Zannah's attacks. Combined with a lack of experience and his mind will be torn to shreds.

But we all know that already.

Right which is why I said Zannah with her sorcery can def give her the win here.

I'm not sure how Batman and Superman got dragged into this but anyway:confused:.....

It's really simple: Zannah uses quickness, stealthness, soresu mastery to tire Qel-Droma and then find the right moment to use sorcery. The only way for Qel-Droma to beat her is to best her in lightsaber dueling. He maybe better, but Zannah's skill is good enough to hold him out. She also has the battlefield advantage.

I'm not going to dispute this, but perhaps you could elaborate on this?

But of course. As you said the Library is a maze with many complex hallways etc. Now Zannah had a petite frame and she was agile, quick. The complex interior is going to allow her to dodge and escape any onslaughts if its possible.

I'm not sure how long are those hallways, but it's gonna give her at least a small advantage. Also she was a known

infiltrator, right. She could hide from Qel-Droma use Force Horror from a distance, hidden.

But of course. As you said the Library is a maze with many complex hallways etc. Now Zannah had a petite frame and she was agile, quick. The complex interior is going to allow her to dodge and escape any onslaughts if its possible.

I'm not sure how long are those hallways, but it's gonna give her at least a small advantage. Also she was a known

infiltrator, right. She could hide from Qel-Droma use Force Horror from a distance, hidden.

Heck with enough time she could probably render herself invisible.

I find it more likely that she would be backed into a corner. For reasons previously explained.

I find it more likely that she would be backed into a corner. For reasons previously explained.
If that happened, she would likely use acrobatics to extricate herself from the situation. Also remembering that in the midst of battle Zannah remained aware of her surroundings, her tripping over the fresh graves being an exception rather than the norm. Edited by Beniboybling