The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Operation lockout reset key

Tragamite

Most players are playing PvE in this game but completing an ops locks you from doing it over and over. But what if you could buy a lockout reset key that consumed on use enabled you to reset your current lockout?

I think this would be very beneficial to both the public and the cartel. I would say 100cc will reset your current lockout enabling you to redo ops. With the number of guilds who have players get locked out for certain toons this could help them get the classes needed to complete an ops. Players who didn't get a single drop can try again right away instead of waiting a week to try again.

If it is used too frequently BW profits if no one uses it then no harm done. But I suspect this could be the hottest thing on the market.

Consumed on use. Only effects current character. 100cc Use to unlock current operations lockouts.

Most players are playing PvE in this game but completing an ops locks you from doing it over and over. But what if you could buy a lockout reset key that consumed on use enabled you to reset your current lockout?

I think this would be very beneficial to both the public and the cartel. I would say 100cc will reset your current lockout enabling you to redo ops. With the number of guilds who have players get locked out for certain toons this could help them get the classes needed to complete an ops. Players who didn't get a single drop can try again right away instead of waiting a week to try again.

If it is used too frequently BW profits if no one uses it then no harm done. But I suspect this could be the hottest thing on the market.

Consumed on use. Only effects current character. 100cc Use to unlock current operations lockouts.

DCUO has this feature - replay badges. Different content has different costs. Daily lockouts cost less than weekly locks, for example. While it may sound good to you now, having these things available would necessitate a change in the loot drops. Right now, each boss is guaranteed to drop a certain amount of/certain piece of gear. Using your reset item to take a second/third/etc shot at getting those guaranteed drops would mean players could completely gear out their toons in a few hours/days. Sounds great, right? What will you do then?

There are ways to combat this eventuality. You could limit the amount of gear that drops. You could randomize the gear that drops, making it more difficult to get that one certain piece you need. You could introduce a level of gear over and above the highest tier of token gear that has a low chance to drop, a carrot to entice people to run content over and over even after they are decked out in the best tier gear in order to get the bestest of the best stuff.

Or, you could, you know, not introduce this piece of garbage mechanic at all.

Those were a horrible addition to DCUO. People geared out in a couple of weeks, and then complained they had nothing to do. Many left until the next dlc.

This.

It would kill operations.

Edit - Maybe to expand a bit. If 7 people were to unlock TFB HM 8 times, this would allow you to gear 7 people from it in one week!:eek: That would kill end-game PVE content.

In aspect as well; doing an unlock for PVP Daily/Weeklies would do the same. It would gear you too fast and create boredom really really fast for everyone.

Edited by AnteJeebuz