Darkness PvP Build

lordnathanial

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know, it's a spec purely build on my own gut-feeling :p

If I was to go Darkness DPS myself, that would be my spec.

But I can't see how any alternative to it would work out better damagewise.

Edited by Evolixe

I had a go: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIroddfzGdRZrrZM.3.

Not sure I like it though, I think the points in explotive strikes could be better served in sith defiance or assassins mark. I've started to lean away from full darkness builds tbh though as wither doesnt impress me in wzs, most people dont let you finish a lighting channal and I miss duplicty so much when I find a juicy undergeared sorc still in their old battlemaster gear.

I had a go: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIroddfzGdRZrrZM.3.

Not sure I like it though, I think the points in explotive strikes could be better served in sith defiance or assassins mark. I've started to lean away from full darkness builds tbh though as wither doesnt impress me in wzs, most people dont let you finish a lighting channal and I miss duplicty so much when I find a juicy undergeared sorc still in their old battlemaster gear.

swelling shadow is crap, you got 50% on proc with a 4.5 sek. cool down... 15% better proc chance do exactly nothing.

use shield with mods from Focus.

How about you improve upon it with feedback instead of useless bashing?

I wouldn't bother with a shield myself tbh, the difference is too minimal unless you're playing it for arena.

cause its depend on what he want to do, support his heal+ team other def a node or take the ball or or or, nearly every situation needs some changes in your skill tree.

the most flexible skill tree is a hybrid between deception and tank, the best huttball skill tree is 23-21-2 (you can't do anything else as take the ball and run)

to gank some thing you can use 3-36-7 or 2-31-13 or 0-31-15

assassin is a multi use class and you have to know what you want.

cause its depend on what he want to do, support his heal+ team other def a node or take the ball or or or, nearly every situation needs some changes in your skill tree.

the most flexible skill tree is a hybrid between deception and tank, the best huttball skill tree is 23-21-2 (you can't do anything else as take the ball and run)

Well lets see the OP asked for a 36 point darkness build so that is what he wants. Which none of your proposals match. So if you think the other specs posted are garbage then show us what you would do with 36 points in darkness.

Well lets see the OP asked for a 36 point darkness build so that is what he wants. Which none of your proposals match. So if you think the other specs posted are garbage then show us what you would do with 36 points in darkness.

well again, Situation grab the ball and try to point... with 36 points in darkness

than try

http://starwars.gamona.de/swtor/talentplaner/#assaz7y0zhzgz9zgzgzhzfz7z9zgz9zez8z9z7zaz7zwzhy1z5oz17zfy2z74z7

better dmg abbility for Support or so

http://starwars.gamona.de/swtor/talentplaner/#assaz7y0zhzgz9zgzgzhzfz7z9zgz9zez8z9z7z8z9zwz8z9y1z6vzfy2z6tz9z8

The OP asked for a full darkness dps spec. I gave him that.

That different specs work well with different situations is hardly any news.

He wants to do damage, as full darkness.

Hello all I have been perusing the forums and looking on the web and I have not found a 36 darkness pvp build. Anyways I am really looking for a good one to fool around with and see if I like it better than deception. Thanks in advance.

I use http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcroddfdGdkZcMZf.3

Quite similar to what other people are using. I use a shield, but min max it with power/surge. My crit ends up being quite low, but I'm also a bit more survivable. The difference between taking the shield vs using a focus is a bit minimal, but while some prefer the extra bonus damage, I prefer the extra protection. That to that end, when I shield more things, I can use force shroud sooner. Plus getting the absorb procs from dark bulwark also help to indicate if you're shielding anything or not. I do good damage with this spec. I'd say the only classes I have trouble fighting are deception assassins and sometimes smash maras, most other classes are dependent on how well the opposing player plays them.

The reason why I've min maxed with dps gear, instead of traditional tank gear is because not only is the assassin tank the least survivable of the other tanks, but the damage output in darkness is quite nice (along with the self heal) but also because there are so many tech and force attacks that it seems sometimes meaningless to go as a traditional assassin tank.

Why the hell would you take assasins shelter over 6% damage to thrash when the intend is to do damage?

Youll never be putting your pw in places your healer will be anyways.

believe me or not, but as darkness assa you should stay in 10m range... thrash is nice to have proc on shock but it isn't necessary

believe me or not, but as darkness assa you should stay in 10m range... thrash is nice to have proc on shock but it isn't necessary

Partly true, because Darkness rotations seem to be very cast-heavy - thrash damage contribution isn't very high, to be honest.

However, I wouldn't say that my preferred combat distance is 10 meters as KC Shadow.

Thanks for the insight. If I have a dark ward full darkness build with dps gear should I even be worrying too much about thrash? I think the rotation has a lot to do with dropping wither, shock, and ultimately force lightning.

Thanks again

I know there's a trend on Jung Ma right now to run DPS with DPS gear in Dark Charge. But its not full Darkness. It's 27/4/15. And its bad unless you're node guarding. But full Darkness for DPSing is even worse. If you wanna DPS, go Deception. But if you're just curious and messing around, 27/4/15 is the spec.

Are you kidding? Shock is almost your main damage source apart from TkT.

The proc allows you to build 3 stacks of it faster. It's not a choice, you SHOULD get it.

I know I am going to sound like a complete idiot and I think I know what you are saying but since I want to learn I will ask. TkT?

Thanks for the insight. If I have a dark ward full darkness build with dps gear should I even be worrying too much about thrash? I think the rotation has a lot to do with dropping wither, shock, and ultimately force lightning.

Thanks again

No your not hitting thrash alot. You wont be hitting force lighting too much against good players either as everytime you do you'll enter a CC. You will find dark ward is strictly situational for when your getting white attacks as anything serious: read a flechette round a reck+shock+discharge combo from a sin or a leap scream smash from a rager, well crits simply push all that shield chance right off the combat table. Theres a reason sins cant compete as pvp tanks in the main role of healer guard and thats simply because we are all so squishy as heck son. absurd utiltiy and stuns though, which is why the folks here talk about us as node guards not tanks. Ya want to seriously irrate your enemy before he kills you? well this is your class! Just dont be getting yr high hopes up about going 600k damage with 20 medals and 45 kill blows with zero deaths. That just dont happen if your not in a premade.

The only way to interrupt that FL is with CC. Since it's not interruptable. And trading a simple force lightning for CC is pretty much always worth it. Hence you should be using it every time you have 3 stacks.

And if you think you can get the whole thing off undistrubed.. using recklessness with FL will make for some seriously nasty damage throughput.

The only way to interrupt that FL is with CC. Since it's not interruptable. And trading a simple force lightning for CC is pretty much always worth it. Hence you should be using it every time you have 3 stacks.

And if you think you can get the whole thing off undistrubed.. using recklessness with FL will make for some seriously nasty damage throughput.

Thats my point? They see you with 3 stacks, they see you use force lightening, they hit a knockback or a cc button and its done. You wont get a harnassed darkness off against a decent enemy. Rememeber when you fight as a tankasin, your not hitting them for 7k your hitting them for 2k, its a longevity fight while you call for help/hold them away from an objective/healer. You dont solo maras as a tankasin (not if they have a clue), you hold them up, frustrate them and waste their time that would be better served killing your team mates.