When to use intimidating roar?

Lecaja

On the surface roar is useless because once you damage someone the effect wears off. That said I thought force camouflage was useless until I started taking damage in PVP, pulled a quick fade, then reappeared to massacre the player that was dominating me. I'm sorry if this has come up before but I want to get better so I can hold my own in PVP and flashpoints where other players are depending on me to pull my weight.

Yanno I'm not sure if this has come up specifically as its own forum post.

Best I can put this is, any situation where you need to keep someone from doing anything, that the rest of the team wont screw up the mez on. Stuff like 1v2s, capping, preventing people from getting to an objective. There is 100's of examples. Pick a warzone and you'll get easily 20 good ideas of where to use it from everyone.

Unfortunately, especially in regz - even the better players on the server screw up mezzes on a regular basis, it's not just the noobs. It's only as useful as your team can or will abide by.

• 2 weeks later...
On the off chance my thread caused anyone not to use roar, let me assure you it's the best ability in the game for mob control. Say you jump in the middle of a group of people and your smash doesn't kill anyone, use roar which will cause everyone near you to double over in pain for six seconds, stopping their aggro, and then use those six seconds to finish off each opponent one by one.