The New RE Warning Popup Box

PetFish

For example, I'll craft 20 pistols so I can RE them and get MK-9 components which is tedious enough as it is in that you can't stack them like stims and have to RE each one individually, but now, as of a few weeks ago, there's an extra step where this warning box pops up saying:

You will lose the mods installed on this item. Are you sure?

YES NO

I have to click "yes" every time I want to RE something. I can't even use the ENTER key thinking the default selection is "yes".

Why was this feature added? Sure, I suppose sometimes people accidentally RE something, I know I've done it. But come on, at least give us an option to disable this just like we can disable purchase confirmation dialog boxes. Was this really *that* much of an issue that required this attention in the first place?

If there *is* a way currently to disable this warning, please let me know cuz I can't figure it out. If there currently is NO way to disable it then please add this option.

• 2 months later...

It saves Bioware/EA money by throwing in a safety measure that can stop accidental RE's. This means less interactions with customer service to restore items. I for one don't mind the extra second it takes to RE my stuff. I'd prefer to save time in other ways, like having a secondary saved spec, with saved actions bars, and perhaps a gear swap macro so I don't have to pick through my four sets of gear in my bags whenever I want to switch roles within PvE and PvP.

TL:DR- This safety measure saves BW/EA money that can be used on future content.

It saves Bioware/EA money by throwing in a safety measure that can stop accidental RE's. This means less interactions with customer service to restore items. I for one don't mind the extra second it takes to RE my stuff. I'd prefer to save time in other ways, like having a secondary saved spec, with saved actions bars, and perhaps a gear swap macro so I don't have to pick through my four sets of gear in my bags whenever I want to switch roles within PvE and PvP.

TL:DR- This safety measure saves BW/EA money that can be used on future content.

It only happens because weapons that are crafted come with a color crystal now.

It doesn't happen for armor or earpieces or implants.