The Chandrian Nightmare Boss Kill Videos

Ty_walla

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update:

The Chandrian is potentially looking to move to 16-man raids. Depending how much interest there is from individuals or a group of players will determine if we move up from 8-man to 16-man. Looking for about 4-6 dps/healers to make a solid raid group. Thanks guys!

Recruitment Post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7153002#post7153002

I would be able to heal it, i have experience with all the content on 8 man. Im currently looking for an imp guild so give me a shout if im on mate.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Just getting the thread ready for 2.7. Fixed some broken links and what not. Very happy to see some new raid content coming our way. Wanted to say good luck to all of the guilds looking to clear DF Nim when it releases. Also, we are currently recruiting. I have updated our recruitment thread for what we are looking for.

Additionally, I know there has been some talk about The Chandrian completely moving over to WildStar when it releases and not play Swtor anymore. After much debate, we have decided to keep The Chandrian in Swtor and to see what kind of roadmap BW will offer their players for future content. Their length between significant content updates can be quite....lengthy..to say the least. Haha, but anyways, just wanted to let anyone who was interested know that The Chandrian as a whole will be sticking to Swtor as our main game. Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

-Uploaded DF Nightmare Nefra - http://youtu.be/XTntNgsTQFA

-Uploaded DF Nightmare Grob'Thok - http://youtu.be/GgRLS266VQc

-Corrputor Zero will be on the way shortly.

-Unfortunately, I forgot to record our Draxus kill but I will post another one soon enough.

The Chandrian currently holds the World 2nd kills for DF Nightmare Nefra, Draxus, Grob'Thok, and Corruptor Zero. Gratz to DnT for their World 1st kills.

Thanks to everyone supporting The Chandrian throughout the downtime between nightmare content. I have personally enjoyed hanging out and talking strategy with many different guilds on this server. We are very appreciative and enjoy the time well spent. Good luck to everybody in Dread Fortress Nightmare!

I also decided not to add music to our 2.7 progression.

Edited by Ty_walla

BAWONI!

I am disappoint.

It's not a Chandrian kill vid without that gangsta S#1t

I need something chopped to perfection.

Consider this my formal complaint.

Edited by Baynard

Congratulations to everyone in The Chandrian for your Dread Fortress nightmare progress. Way to represent The Shadowlands!

I can't wait to see some Wings of the Architect float by on my screen soon!

Much appreciated! Hopefully it will come soon enough!

So I've gotten 8 requests to put music back on our videos. I thought no music was the way to go this time around. Apparently I was misinformed. New videos of our kills have been uploaded with appropriate soundtracks. Chandrian videos will keep playing ridiculous gangsta music until further notice. Enjoy.

Video links have been updated to the following:

Nefra -

Grob'Thok -

Corruptor Zero -

So I've gotten 8 requests to put music back on our videos. I thought no music was the way to go this time around. Apparently I was misinformed. New videos of our kills have been uploaded with appropriate soundtracks. Chandrian videos will keep playing ridiculous gangsta music until further notice. Enjoy.

Video links have been updated to the following:

Nefra -

Grob'Thok -

Corruptor Zero -

Good to see The Chandrian is the top PvE Guild on the server :rak_03:

Good to see The Chandrian is the top PvE Guild on the server :rak_03:

Thank you. Much appreciated. We would really like to see The Shadowlands on the map as far as a competitive PvE server. We arrived a month and a half late to TFB/SV Nim (last nightmare update) but we are in full swing this time around. Good luck to everybody in DF Nightmare and gratz to all guilds who have already made some great kills!

Thank you. Much appreciated. We would really like to see The Shadowlands on the map as far as a competitive PvE server. We arrived a month and a half late to TFB/SV Nim (last nightmare update) but we are in full swing this time around. Good luck to everybody in DF Nightmare and gratz to all guilds who have already made some great kills!

Keep it up, I want to see Brontes NA first coming from Shadowlands :D!

Keep it up, I want to see Brontes NA first coming from Shadowlands :D!

Almost had it tonight....but Hatred got the NA 1st Brontes kill just a few minutes ago. On a high note though, I feel like we have done a formidable job representing The Shadowlands as well as every other guild that chose to participate in the world progression thread. Brontes is just a complete RNG fight at the end. Honestly, it just comes down to how lucky you are. We have 200+ pulls on her and only had a few opportunities to close the deal.

Almost had it tonight....but Hatred got the NA 1st Brontes kill just a few minutes ago. On a high note though, I feel like we have done a formidable job representing The Shadowlands as well as every other guild that chose to participate in the world progression thread. Brontes is just a complete RNG fight at the end. Honestly, it just comes down to how lucky you are. We have 200+ pulls on her and only had a few opportunities to close the deal.

So they are basing the title fight, in an incredibly short raid timed environment, purely on RNG? Idk man, I cant see it staying that way.

So they are basing the title fight, in an incredibly short raid timed environment, purely on RNG? Idk man, I cant see it staying that way.

It isn't purely on RNG, but the last phase of Brontes is one of the most RNG fights I have ever encountered in this game.

It isn't purely on RNG, but the last phase of Brontes is one of the most RNG fights I have ever encountered in this game.

Its up there. BTW I can't wait to see how rng or not rng 16m brontes is considering Cartel Warlords first 60 seconds in 16m NIM is the scariest RNG I have ever encountered (had one pull where 10 people were dead in less than 6 seconds back when we were killing it).

Its up there. BTW I can't wait to see how rng or not rng 16m brontes is considering Cartel Warlords first 60 seconds in 16m NIM is the scariest RNG I have ever encountered (had one pull where 10 people were dead in less than 6 seconds back when we were killing it).

Cartel Warlords definitely has some crazy RNG in the first phase. However, it's more about sequence of how you pull the boss. We have it down pretty well in 8-man. I'm sure 16-man can be quite another story though.

Cartel Warlords definitely has some crazy RNG in the first phase. However, it's more about sequence of how you pull the boss. We have it down pretty well in 8-man. I'm sure 16-man can be quite another story though.

The problem with 16m isn't nearly as much the tank placement (you know the 8m sunder/monkeyballface combo), but the other two. As we all know 16m isnt nearly as much a dps race (aside from thrasher) so much as a heal challenge.

Hordic's telegraph kills most specs in two-three ticks, and garr's explosion does like 70% health. Add that to the inherent RNG of the sunder/monkeyballface pull and its rather frightening. Once you got outside of the first few moments though it wasn't too horrible and once hordic died it was actually pretty nice and easy (considering even if someone dies from garr's shivving you can easily kill them)

Cartel Warlords first 60 seconds in 16m NIM is the scariest RNG I have ever encountered (had one pull where 10 people were dead in less than 6 seconds back when we were killing it).

Nightmare Cartel Warlords is pretty special as a fight. I wish that more players would be able to experience it. It's been the only time in the game that I have actually been scared of the pulls. I healed an 8-man clear and have never been more terrified of the RNG in a burn phase in my life.

Vilas Garr may look like a pushover in SM and HM, but I know what he's really capable of...250K damage in a 20 second "stabbing spree" on a tank.