Returning (semi-competent) Player's 2 creds worth

Daxy

I am a returning player who missed the launch of 2.0

Before leaving I had casually accumulated maybe 8-10 million credits (4 mil "cash" and another 5 or 6 in mats and other sellables)

Just by applying the basic mmo "money making" principles - from vending junk in filled bags, efficient farming whilst questing, selling all I don't vend or use on gtn, getting multiple toons in order to multiply, etc etc- I always had more than enough credits to do all I wanted to do

However, since my return I have had some issues

My main source of confusion involves all of my 50s

Apparently, I opened the credit sinking Pandora's box known as the 400+ crew skill unlock

What I thought was a no brainer has cost me (estimating 500k credits)

All my 50's (3) have lost over 150k at least

Just by looking at my toon's credit total when looking at the inventory tab they have all gone down

To be fair, I bought a couple things here or there when I rolled a few alts but my playstyle was very consistent with the way I played before

My 50's when I'm not really playing them whilst alting are sugar daddies for my lowbies but by simply running crew skills/missions and gtn'ing I was always, at the end of the day, making credits

Slicing is the suspected villian in my credit leak

Consistently lock box missions lose at least one thousand credits

I have not seen what the new 400+ crit sliced tech part is so I don't even know what market I will be selling in once i get one

Luckily, my alt did a nice and casual session on nar shadaa (24 ish and 2 comps) and with bio analysis, scavenging, and slicing I made over 500k just from farming, vending, and gtn'ing

It seems as though the 400+ crew skills are targeting more of the crafting base and I should just stick to the lowbie niches

Any thoughts from veteran players?

Edited by Daxy

Slicing missions have been nerfed so that lock box missions are a net loss. You can still crit and get the crafting missions from lock box missions to sell but you won't make money off lock boxes alone. You can also run tech part missions and get the purple artifact crafting mats to sell (see below).

Also, only bountiful and rich missions for all 340-400 and 400-450 crew skills will return purple artifact crafting mats on a crit now.

Edited by Rygho

I made 100m credits within the first month or two after 2.0 launched. I've made another 100m since, but the demand is less now. I still make 1m every couple of days or so. Here's some tips:

• Mk-9 augment kits sell well. Get the components from RE'ing level 54 green droid parts, which only cost 2 metal and 2 compound.
  • Grind the basic comms to get artifact ear and implants schems. They sell well, but the profit margin has dropped to less than 100k per item since B/W started giving out free artifact ears and implants with the weekly Czerka quest (they were making 250k profit per item prior).
  • Crafted purple level 54 ears and implants sell decently. Get the Beryillius from purple 450 UWT missions instead of buying them on the GTN and you'll be able to undercut most other crafters and maintain a 50-100k profit margin per item.
  • Do end-game PvE, especially hard mode TFB and S&V. Item level 72 armorings, mods, barrels, and hilts, sell well and the selling the crits makes millions. Item level 72 ears, implants, and relics typically fetch 500k - 1m crafting fees.
  • Item level 69 and 72 enhancements sell slow on the GTN but have a huge profit margin.
  • Dyes: there are dye schems that require champion or legendary standing with various factions to buy and learn, but they sell well (2-3/day) and have 50k-ish profit margin.
  • The margins on stims is so low it's not worth the trouble to make and list them most of the time.
  • Scan the GTN regularly for deals on crafting mats and stock up when they are low.

Hope that helps.

[*]Mk-9 augment kits sell well. Get the components from RE'ing level 54 green droid parts, which only cost 2 metal and 2 compound.

Level 54 green droid parts and they only take 2 metal 2 compound? I've been doing level 52 green droid parts, don't see the 54 and they take 2 + 2 + 2 as far as I can recall. Where are these mysterious schems?

I made 100m credits within the first month or two after 2.0 launched. I've made another 100m since, but the demand is less now. I still make 1m every couple of days or so. Here's some tips:

• Mk-9 augment kits sell well. Get the components from RE'ing level 54 green droid parts, which only cost 2 metal and 2 compound.
  • Grind the basic comms to get artifact ear and implants schems. They sell well, but the profit margin has dropped to less than 100k per item since B/W started giving out free artifact ears and implants with the weekly Czerka quest (they were making 250k profit per item prior).
  • Crafted purple level 54 ears and implants sell decently. Get the Beryillius from purple 450 UWT missions instead of buying them on the GTN and you'll be able to undercut most other crafters and maintain a 50-100k profit margin per item.
  • Do end-game PvE, especially hard mode TFB and S&V. Item level 72 armorings, mods, barrels, and hilts, sell well and the selling the crits makes millions. Item level 72 ears, implants, and relics typically fetch 500k - 1m crafting fees.
  • Item level 69 and 72 enhancements sell slow on the GTN but have a huge profit margin.
  • Dyes: there are dye schems that require champion or legendary standing with various factions to buy and learn, but they sell well (2-3/day) and have 50k-ish profit margin.
  • The margins on stims is so low it's not worth the trouble to make and list them most of the time.
  • Scan the GTN regularly for deals on crafting mats and stock up when they are low.

Hope that helps.

Awesome tips, thanks