The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

There is really not much he can do, look at that fight with Kenobi, he just kept hack hack hacking. Malgus is more than fast enough to keep up with Durge, the only difference is he lacks the proper weaponry and skill to deflect Malgus' attacks. On the other hand Malgus can take pretty much anything Durge throws at him. This is without taking into account Force abilities, not only can Malgus endure immeasurable amounts of injury, but he can blow Durge back with powerful Force blasts, fry him with lightning and simply shield himself from all incoming fire with Force barriers, then crush his weapons.

Durge will also be surrounded, and likely soon have Ventress to contend with also.

And in the unlikely scenario that Malgus, one of the most powerful Sith Warrior's in the entire Sith Empire, is defeated, he can simply retreat and have his ship self-destruct, but I doubt it will come to that. This is Malgus.

He seemed to do fine against Obi-Wan later on...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/9.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/B.jpg

===

Also dodging Anakin's strikes.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/H.jpg\

====

Then beating the crap outta him with no weaponry.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/I.jpg

====

Sure Malgus is fast, but still Durge would see him in slow motion as he did Obi-Wan and Anakin and still have a chance at beating him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there's a point. The Sith Empire figured out a method to kill Gen-Dai, so if Malgus knows Durge is Gen'Dai...

They nuked them from orbit Aurbere... At least that's what I remember from The Flame storyline on Nar Shadda.

Edit: Give Durge a disruptor rifle and Malgus could have a problem....

Edited by StarSquirrel

I'm pretty sure he said to spread the remains and burn them.

Just watch some clips of various convos and you're right, I was confused by the "tore my world apart" part but the selling children and such into slavery made clear they occupied it. Still he does say it took tearing them completely apart and shredding the bodies.

just a note the UB has the commerce guild so they have more then enough money to hold on to a bounty hunter the only question is how much Durge will take to killing droids before he needs real things to kill before he defects..... besides as I have already said I don't see the UB winning a war, where ever they hit will do enough damage to them that they wont be able to take a second location which means the DS will then out produce them with whats left and then out fight them if Durge gets tired of killing droids and wants to kill massassi instead this will be his turning point.

He seemed to do fine against Obi-Wan later on...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/9.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/B.jpg

===

Also dodging Anakin's strikes.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/H.jpg\

====

Then beating the crap outta him with no weaponry.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/ebar0159/duege/I.jpg

====

Sure Malgus is fast, but still Durge would see him in slow motion as he did Obi-Wan and Anakin and still have a chance at beating him.

Malgus has withstood point-blank grenade explosions shortly before blasted against a cliff face and buried alive, then he got back up and slaughtered two Jedi (one of which collapsed a building on him.)

He will shrug off any physical attacks from Durge. Simply put Durge doesn't have a single weapon in his arsenal that can kill Malgus. Malgus can deflect blaster fire with his lightsaber, deflect flechette fire and flamethrowers with tutaminis, endure and break free of an electric boa, chop his spiked flail apart and resist any poison gas he unleashes on him.

On the other hand Durge has little defense against lightsaber attacks and I can't imagine Durge will last long against Force lightning of which a blast was enough to kill three armored Jedi. Indeed see here. An electrical surge from a wrist cable is enough to stun and seemingly hurt Durge, imagine that by 10 times if not 20 times as powerful.

They nuked them from orbit Aurbere... At least that's what I remember from The Flame storyline on Nar Shadda.

Edit: Give Durge a disruptor rifle and Malgus could have a problem....

Disruptor rifles are just more powerful versions of blaster rifles, Malgus can just deflect them with his lightsaber or absorb them with his armor. Really no bounty hunter stands much of a chance against a Sith Lord of his caliber.

Yes Malgus has survived a point-blank grenade explosion, but that wasn't even a proper grenade, it was more like a concussion grenade. The being shoved into a face cliff ok fine, but lets see what Durge has survived hm...

- Survived huge explosions.

- Survived being blasted by point blank with his blasters.

- Survived Lava.

- Survived being stabbed with lightsabers.

- Survived being shot in the head.

- Survived being cut up in pieces.

- Survived being exploded into pieces.

Durge having no defense against a lightsaber?....<< He has his body? He has his reflexes? He has those shields on his forearms?

Not like he is just gonna stand there and let a lightsaber hit him.

Also physical attacks not harming Malgus?.....I don't see that.

Yet the only reason Durge got shocked was because he just stood there like a moron, and really he overcame it anyway...sure Force Lighting may harm Durge but his healing factor and durability could withstand it. It took firing him into a STAR to kill him....

Wasn't even a proper grenade? A concussion grenade is the most common and standard form of grenade:

The first one was a fairly standard grenade, used by many factions. It exploded with a small blast radius, releasing a blast of kinetic energy that would kill most organics and damage equipment. A sonic shockwave was expelled in the explosion that stunned anyone right outside the 4 meter blast radius.

So unless Durge's punches explode with equal force, I doubt he can do much more than stagger him - if that. Its certainly not going to do much damage, especially given the fact that Malgus is coated in durasteel. Only blows to the head will have effect, and even then Malgus can quickly recover from such menial impacts. Now I'm not saying that Malgus is more durable than Durge, that's obviously not the case. But none of the above here changes the fact that Malgus can survive and counter anything Durge throws at him, especially physical attacks.

Now note I said Durge has little defense against a lightsaber. Aside dodging and hand shields, lightsabers cut through his weapons and armor like butter. And he can only block a few attacks before being overwhelmed. Against a sustained assault from such a powerful and skilled duelist as Malgus, he will inevitable falter.

And concerning electrical attacks, saying Durge was a "moron" is not exactly study argument. He got shocked by electricity and it didn't seem to agree with his body. Times that by 10 or 20 and Durge's nervous system it going to overload and his muscles are going to start melting. It took a star to kill him but in reality all they had to do was burn his body. It will at the least stun him and allow Malgus to exploit such a weakness.

In reality I see any duel between Malgus and Durge panning out much like Kenobi vs Durge. Durge will try to unleash all possible assortments of weaponry and Malgus will systematically dispatch everyone before launching his own counter attack. Durge will hold his own for a while but will eventually falter and Malgus will rip him to shreds either with Force repulses, Lightning or a Maelstrom. Then set him on fire. Or alternatively simply lift him up in a Force grip, crush him into a pulp and throw him out the nearest window. Job done.

Also noting that if Durge attempts to attack Malgus aboard the bridge or in any kind of enemy territory he'll quickly be outnumbered by Sith Warriors. Against Malgus alone he is beaten, but against a dozen warriors to boot, he doesn't stand a chance. Durge may be an amazing bounty hunter, but he's never defeated anyone of Malgus' caliber.

Edit: Ya know what, lets just agree to disagree and get back to the bigger picture.
Never! Fine, I've already posted but what the heck. In reality regardless of his abilities I can't see G0-T0 deciding that sending a non-Force sensitive bounty hunter - Gen'Dai or not - to kill a powerful Sith Lord, is a good idea. However a confrontation between Ventress and Durge is far more likely.

Why would Durge even defect? He loved the Hunt as much as the kill, and what's more fun than Hunting down a virtually invisible target? Besides, Durge would only need to know that Malgus could actually, once and for all kill him, to think twice about Defection.

And Vindicaa would take him down too.

Why would Durge even defect? He loved the Hunt as much as the kill, and what's more fun than Hunting down a virtually invisible target? Besides, Durge would only need to know that Malgus could actually, once and for all kill him, to think twice about Defection.

And Vindicaa would take him down too.

G0-T0 is a droid, he can't be killed. Nobody in the ranks of the Droid Supremacy can be killed, which poses a problem for a bounty hunter who only finds purpose in killing.

G0-T0 is a droid, he can't be killed. Nobody in the ranks of the Droid Supremacy can be killed, which poses a problem for a bounty hunter who only finds purpose in killing.

Ok, the point remains. Tracking G0-T0 would be an impressive challenge and something to brag about to say the least... Could occupy durge for ages.

Ok, the point remains. Tracking G0-T0 would be an impressive challenge and something to brag about to say the least... Could occupy durge for ages.
Something tells me Durge doesn't give a damn about bragging rights, which he won't get if G0-T0 continues to evade and humiliate him, more likely Durge will get frustrated that he isn't able to fight his opponent. And even more frustrated by the knowledge that if he ever does get close, all he'll be doing is deactivating a droid.

On the other hand he could slaughter some fleshy humans.

Ok real quick I'd like to hop in on the Durge argument before Beni calls it.

1. The grenade Malgus survived had little to do with his force power, remember the trooper survived it as well and was even capable of continuing the fight, so the fact a non-force sensitive could do that makes me suspicious that it was a lower powered grenade (Before someone tries to argue that he erected some sort of force barrier, let me remind you, had he done that he'd have directed the full blast at the trooper and that guy would have been extra crispy. The trooper likely had power settings on his grenade or it wasn't that powerful to begin with. On top of that, Malgus was genuinely surprised when he saw the grenade and had no time to do anything in the force to buffer rather reacted with a push to balance himself as he was staggering back.)

2. On Durge's survival, If it goes anything like Durge vs. Obi-wan then Malgus will cut him or explode him and just leave. He have no evidence he knew about Gen'Dai so he'd probably just leave the remains. Durge would at that point just come back and find a better way to strike.

3. Regardless of points one and two, if Durge defects at all (likely imo due to his combined bloodlust and greed) then the UB is out one extremely powerful ground general as well as an assassin, making Ventress's job even harder. Ventress kills, she doesn't do the hunting part as much, so a team already poorly suited to hunt G0-T0 would have lost one of their best assets.

It is a lose of some caliber to UB if Durge defects at all.

Edit: aside from that I have no further arguments so if Beni wants to call it...

Edited by StarSquirrel

2. On Durge's survival, If it goes anything like Durge vs. Obi-wan then Malgus will cut him or explode him and just leave. He have no evidence he knew about Gen'Dai so he'd probably just leave the remains. Durge would at that point just come back and find a better way to strike.
I'd point out here that not only does Malgus know that Durge is a Gen'Dai, and know of his reputation, but he is also something of an expert on alien species. Meeting many as he explored the Unknown Regions and learning countless alien languages. Malgus took a special interest in the usefulness of alien species, and given the Empire's interaction with the Gen'Dai I expect he'd be well versed in their abilities and their potential. Add to that the fact that nobody is going to want Gen'Dai remains scattered about the bridge, out the airlock they go I'm afraid.

I'd point out here that not only does Malgus know that Durge is a Gen'Dai, and know of his reputation, but he is also something of an expert on alien species. Meeting many as he explored the Unknown Regions and learning countless alien languages. Malgus took a special interest in the usefulness of alien species, and given the Empire's interaction with the Gen'Dai I expect he'd be well versed in their abilities and their potential. Add to that the fact that nobody is going to want Gen'Dai remains scattered about the bridge, out the airlock they go I'm afraid.

Alright, I guess I didn't consider leader's would get dossiers on their allies silly me :rolleyes:... still points 1 & 3 are still on the table.

Why does the fight take place on a ship hm? Could take place on the battlefield ya know.

At any rate, Durge has shown capable of keeping up with Jedi and dodging their attacks so Malgus isn't just going to simply cut him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Alright, I guess I didn't consider leader's would get dossiers on their allies silly me :rolleyes:... still points 1 & 3 are still on the table.

Think before you speak. :p

We already decided that G0-T0 would reprogram HK-01 knowing full well the dangers he possesses and his goals in life, it's a two way street. G0-T0 knows of HK's goals, Malgus knows of Durge's origins.

Edited by Selenial

LOL durr! But that's not exactly all there is to it. Think of the Flame, we know he's immortal but its only with the Admiral's knowledge of the Gen'Dai species that he can be killed. The same applies here.

Why does the fight take place on a ship hm? Could take place on the battlefield ya know.

At any rate, Durge has shown capable of keeping up with Jedi and dodging their attacks so Malgus isn't just going to simply cut him.

I agree. There's a good chance that Durge and Malgus would fight on the battlefield.